What's new

Files reveal Netaji was alive after 1945, family spied upon: Mamata Banerjee

To give an unofficial consent Modi must gang up with Mamta Banerjee against congress. I'm not sure if both the egomaniacs would agree to it. Lol

Nowadays they are cooperating in lot of things, those ponzi scam files...Modi is sitting on it, and Didi is sweating over it. Plus, if Congress is gone, then she would inherit the 10% Congress votes in WB.

Bapu was never clean, his personal life was a mess, Nehru's personal life was equally messy. I'm not sure how these men were able to command so much respect from Indians back in 40s. Not that I look down upon 'em and I do not appreciate what they did for the country, just that I think they both had a holier than thou attitude.
Today when world leaders take mahatma Gandhi's name with respect I wonder if they 've really read Gandhi's books.
I met a guy from Uganda recently, he was going ga-ga about Gandhi, I could only manage a few smiles during the conversation. :rolleyes:

I saw this article recently, though not sure how authentic it is, maybe @scorpionx can help :

What did Mahatma Gandhi think of black people? - The Washington Post

This one is better. :D
Rahul Gandhi funny speech All in one - YouTube

Last edited:

KOLKATA: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said the files on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose declassified by the state government on Friday contain letters supporting the theory that he was alive after 1945 and that his family was snooped upon.

"There are intercepts. I have seen the documents and it is clear from them that the family of Netaji was spied upon," she told the media here.

On the snooping, she said it was "unfortunate" that after India's independence Netaji did not get due honour.

In addition, she said, some letters said that he was alive after his "disappearance".

"There are certain letters where many have said that he was alive after 1945," the chief minister said.

The digitised version of the declassified 64 files was made available in a set of seven DVDs. The original files are housed at the Calcutta Police Museum. The files will be accessible to the public from Monday on a first-come-first-served basis.

"Each and every page is important. Historians and researchers must study these files minutely. We must know the truth about the great, brave son of the soil," Banerjee added.

The Trinamool Congress supremo said the central government should also declassify the files in its possession.

"The truth should come out. If there is nothing to hide, why is the Centre not declassifying (the files)," she asked.

An August 22, 1945, Tokyo Radio announced the 'death' of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in an air crash in Formosa (now Taiwan) on August 18, 1945, en route to Japan.

But the crash theory has been rejected by scores of Netaji's followers and admirers and claims of the revolutionary leader resurfacing continue to intrigue and divide Indians over the years.

Recently declassified files of the union home ministry revealed that the family of Netaji was placed under intensive surveillance from 1948 to 1968 by the central government.

The country had three Congress prime ministers during these 20 years - Jawaharlal Nehru, Lal Bahadur Shastri and Indira Gandhi

Read more at:
Files reveal Netaji was alive after 1945, family spied upon: Mamata Banerjee - The Economic Times
---------------------------------------------------------------
CPLEm6FUEAAi-iL.jpg

CPLEm7tVAAAssXt.jpg

@Rain Man @scorpionx @Mike_Brando @magudi @Echo_419 @nair @Nair saab @levina @Marxist @ranjeet @Samudra Manthan @nForce @Manindra @Juggernautjatt @Guynextdoor2 @Prajapati @IndoCarib

Timing couldn't have been better

I think Mamata declassified the files with an unofficial consent from the central government, this declassification will result into revelation of lots of dirty secrets of that time, and the central govt. will have the perfect excuse to declassify their files without facing a hysterical Congress and a $hitstorm of charges accusing the Modi sarkar of vindictive politics and "Destroying the reputation of national icons"! I don't think even Bapu will come clean out of this.

For Congress, if it survives the the consequences for a decade, then it might come out as a truly national party..again, after getting rid of the family owning it presently.

Well,looks like we are gonna win no matter what happens

Nowadays they are cooperating in lot of things, those ponzi scam files...Modi is sitting on it, and Didi is sweating over it. Plus, if Congress is gone, then she would inherit the 10% Congress votes in WB.

I saw this article recently, though not sure how authentic it is, maybe @scorpionx can help :

What did Mahatma Gandhi think of black people? - The Washington Post

This one is better. :D
Rahul Gandhi funny speech All in one - YouTube
Its quite well known, Ray that Gandhi held a very disparaging view for the Black Africans and always had been cautious to draw a distinct racial demarcation line between the Asiatics and the Africans whom he called as Kaffries, quite as insulting as colonialists called Indians "niggers". I can't post the link from mobile but his remarks are readily available on line.

Its quite well known, Ray that Gandhi held a very disparaging view for the Black Africans and always had been cautious to draw a distinct racial demarcation line between the Asiatics and the Africans whom he called as Kaffries, quite as insulting as colonialists called Indians "niggers". I can't post the link from mobile but his remarks are readily available on line.

In my opinion Gandhi was a creation of British, which even Gandhi didn't realize. Armed movement and frequent attacks on the British officers were major threats to the Raj, it would have been very difficult for Britain to maintain its colony if British officers became reluctant to take postings in India out of fear for their safety and security. So, to discourage the motivated ones from the path of armed movement, Britain decided to provide them an alternative path in the form of non-violence, they created this false notion that Gandhi's non-violence is a very effective method of freedom movement, and it's working...they knew that there will be dissent among the oppressed people leading them to rebel against the Raj, and non-violence was a lesser evil for them.

They also made Gandhi a global figure and created a halo around him to set the example of non-violence in their other colonies around the world. The non-violence movement didn't really produce the coveted result, and Britain was always in control to put it down at will. Gandhi on the other hand was the biggest victim of the false notion that non-violence is effective, and he became too obsessed with his idea, so much so that British could use him to stop any movement that turned violent, discourage armed movement and generate public opinion against it, and even silently support British atrocities against the revolutionaries who picked up arms against the Raj. In later part of his life Gandhi came up with some ludicrous ideas about running the country as per the principals of non-violence, thankfully better sense prevailed after some reality checks on the aftermath of some shocks, humiliation and losses; thanks to our neighbors.

Last edited:
In my opinion Gandhi was a creation of British, which even Gandhi didn't realize. Armed movement and frequent attacks on the British officers were major threats to the Raj, it would have been very difficult for Britain to maintain its colony if British officers became reluctant to take postings in India out of fear for their safety and security. So, to discourage the motivated ones from the path of armed movement, Britain decided to provide them an alternative path in the form of non-violence, they created this false notion that Gandhi's non-violence is a very effective method of freedom movement, and it's working...they knew that there will be dissent among the oppressed people leading them to rebel against the Raj, and non-violence was a lesser evil for them.

They also made Gandhi a global figure and created a halo around him to set the example of non-violence in their other colonies around the world. The non-violence movement didn't really produce the coveted result, and Britain was always in control to put it down at will. Gandhi on the other hand was the biggest victim of the false notion that non-violence is effective, and he became too obsessed with his idea, so much so that British could use him to stop any movement that turned violent, discourage armed movement and generate public opinion against it, and even silently support British atrocities against the revolutionaries who picked up arms against the Raj. In later part of his life Gandhi came up with some ludicrous idea about running the country as per the principals of non-violence, thankfully better sense prevailed after some reality checks on the aftermath of some shocks, humiliation and losses; thanks to our neighbors.
Uff dada you literally took the words out of my mouth:enjoy::enjoy:.Anyways another gem of a post coming from you:cheers:

KOLKATA: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said the files on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose declassified by the state government on Friday contain letters supporting the theory that he was alive after 1945 and that his family was snooped upon.

"There are intercepts. I have seen the documents and it is clear from them that the family of Netaji was spied upon," she told the media here.

On the snooping, she said it was "unfortunate" that after India's independence Netaji did not get due honour.

In addition, she said, some letters said that he was alive after his "disappearance".

"There are certain letters where many have said that he was alive after 1945," the chief minister said.

The digitised version of the declassified 64 files was made available in a set of seven DVDs. The original files are housed at the Calcutta Police Museum. The files will be accessible to the public from Monday on a first-come-first-served basis.

"Each and every page is important. Historians and researchers must study these files minutely. We must know the truth about the great, brave son of the soil," Banerjee added.

The Trinamool Congress supremo said the central government should also declassify the files in its possession.

"The truth should come out. If there is nothing to hide, why is the Centre not declassifying (the files)," she asked.

An August 22, 1945, Tokyo Radio announced the 'death' of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in an air crash in Formosa (now Taiwan) on August 18, 1945, en route to Japan.

But the crash theory has been rejected by scores of Netaji's followers and admirers and claims of the revolutionary leader resurfacing continue to intrigue and divide Indians over the years.

Recently declassified files of the union home ministry revealed that the family of Netaji was placed under intensive surveillance from 1948 to 1968 by the central government.

The country had three Congress prime ministers during these 20 years - Jawaharlal Nehru, Lal Bahadur Shastri and Indira Gandhi

Read more at:
Files reveal Netaji was alive after 1945, family spied upon: Mamata Banerjee - The Economic Times
---------------------------------------------------------------
CPLEm6FUEAAi-iL.jpg

CPLEm7tVAAAssXt.jpg

@Rain Man @scorpionx @Mike_Brando @magudi @Echo_419 @nair @Nair saab @levina @Marxist @ranjeet @Samudra Manthan @nForce @Manindra @Juggernautjatt @Guynextdoor2 @Prajapati @IndoCarib
Mate,i think my fellow Bengali members have already answered all your queries and there isn't anything left for me to add.I can only say that the Congress should brace themselves for an incoming storm:coffee:

Not about understanding, if their role comes out and if it is known that Nehru Deliberately kept Bose in a Soviet gulag, then there will be fireworks in the country...
Wait but I thought Bose was a Marxist and an admirer of Stalin's. Why would Stalin keep him in a gulag?

Wait but I thought Bose was a Marxist and an admirer of Stalin's. Why would Stalin keep him in a gulag?

Those are the rumors at least, most likely to be true. Gandhi's and the soviets had a very good relationship.

Last edited:
@Desert Fox @Star Wars
There are two theories, one is that Netaji died in a Russian jail or he was executed on Nehru's request, one witness firmly said to two of the Netaji commissions that Nehru asked him to type a strongly worded letter to UK complaining that Stalin is sheltering him and asked for strong action.

Other theory is that Netaji came back to India in 50's under some kind of negotiation with Nehru, probably not to reveal his identity or engage in politics, and lived his life as Gumnami baba. Head of the 3rd Netaji commission was caught on camera unofficially confirming that, renowned hand writing expert B.Lal (I think) has confirmed his handwriting to be Netaji's, and the main protagonist of this demand for declassification, a journalist turned writer and researcher on Netaji, Mr. Anuj Dhar was initially of the opinion that Netaji died in Russia, but later he changed his opinion in favour of Gumnami baba. @SarthakGanguly Anuj Dhar is a Kashmiri. :)

Last edited:
Biggest Indian mystery it seem along with Arushi Talwar murder case
Looks like you haven't googled Indian news lately, Sheena Murder case displaced Arushi Talwar murder case from the top spot.

Biggest Indian mystery it seem along with Arushi Talwar murder case
I think because of his links with Hitler and Marxist views Indian Govt at that time thinks if Bose get popularity in masses then west destined itself from India which is not good for India and Govt so because of that they hide each and every thing about Bose make him invisible.

I think because of his links with Hitler and Marxist views Indian Govt at that time thinks if Bose get popularity in masses then west destined itself from India which is not good for India and Govt so because of that they hide each and every thing about Bose make him invisible.

Congress was politically unchallenged for decades in India, that wouldn't have been the case if Bose was around. Needless to say that Nehru showed every trait of a cunning power hungry politician right from the shameful episode of his selection as the PM (last Congress president of occupied India).

I would also say that Netaji was much more popular leader than Nehru in India.

Congress was politically unchallenged for decades in India, that wouldn't have been the case if Bose was around. Needless to say that Nehru showed every trait of a cunning power hungry politician right from the shameful episode of his selection as the PM (last Congress president of occupied India).
But in case if Bose was there situation will be not like monopoly which Congress enjoy decades. but I think there are other factors also involved Bose will be the most controversial character if he remains visible in India on international level.

Looks like you haven't googled Indian news lately, Sheena Murder case displaced Arushi Talwar murder case from the top spot.
I have but that murder is resolved by now

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom