What's new

Fighting Pakistan's War.

What does it matter? Learn from USA, it deals with the military leadership just as well as with the civilian leadership. India as a regional power should be able to do that too.

yeah, I always wondered why India does not engage pakistan's military establishment in talks simultaneously when we talk to the civvies. The US / China ? Saudi's etc all do it.

If I am not wrong, there's one more aspect ("khilafah group" led by Qadri) to Pakistan's quagmire now.

yeah, I always wondered why India does not engage pakistan's military establishment in talks simultaneously when we talk to the civvies. The US / China ? Saudi's etc all do it.

If I am not wrong, there's one more aspect ("khilafah group" led by Qadri) to Pakistan's quagmire now.

Exactly my point. Why cannot India engage the military leadership in the same way as others do?

Exactly my point. Why cannot India engage the military leadership in the same way as others do?

Probably not to undermine the democratic process or undermine the supposedly real leaders?. though, we could have had better results if we had taken every interest group in Pakistan on board in our talks. But that's too much effort.

Probably not to undermine the democratic process or undermine the supposedly real leaders?. though, we could have had better results if we had taken every interest group in Pakistan on board in our talks. But that's too much effort.

Not really. Just that India cannot acknowledge the very people responsible for a lot of Indian headaches(and vice versa)

Not really. Just that India cannot acknowledge the very people responsible for a lot of Indian headaches(and vice versa)

Could be - but it's not as if, if PA army chief decides that he wants to meet the Indian leadership - we wouldn't refuse.

Could be - but it's not as if, if PA army chief decides that he wants to meet the Indian leadership - we wouldn't refuse.

Has the Indian COAS ever extended a cordial invitation to the Pakistani COAS?

Has the Indian COAS ever extended a cordial invitation to the Pakistani COAS?
The Indian army chief does not have diplomatic powers. That is the sole prerogative of the civilian govt.

Claim: is no longer obsessed with India.
Reality: Sir, the whole national security edifice is built on being obsessed with India, and Kashmir in particular. Curing that obsession will bring the whole thing down with a crash. We have left ourselves no other choice but to persist in this stance.
Spot on! It's not about Kashmir at all. It's about the diametrically opposed ideologies. The twain shall never meet. Kashmir is but a convenient excuse to keep the Army of Pakistan powerful and relevant in Pakistan's society, without which it would be relegated to a non entity.

It's naive to suggest that it is India which is unwilling to solve the Kashmir dispute. The truth is that the Pakistan Army will never want the Kashmir imbroglio to be resolved. It will keep the pot boiling till forever. This is the only issue that is allowing it to remain in power in Pakistan.

The Indian army chief does not have diplomatic powers. That is the sole prerogative of the civilian govt.

Such military invitations and contacts do not need diplomatic privileges and are practiced all over the world.

Spot on! It's not about Kashmir at all. It's about the diametrically opposed ideologies. The twain shall never meet. Kashmir is but a convenient excuse to keep the Army of Pakistan powerful and relevant in Pakistan's society, without which it would be relegated to a non entity.

It's naive to suggest that it is India which is unwilling to solve the Kashmir dispute. The truth is that the Pakistan Army will never want the Kashmir imbroglio to be resolved. It will keep the pot boiling till forever. This is the only issue that is allowing it to remain in power in Pakistan.
And this is why you have fake encounters in Indian Occupied Kashmir, and the Indian army is busy carrying out every conceivable atrocity and barbarism in Kashmir?

And this is why you have fake encounters in Indian Occupied Kashmir, and the Indian army is busy carrying out every conceivable atrocity and barbarism in Kashmir?
Don't talk crap that is dished out regularly by your Mullah brigade to brainwash the sheeple. Your propaganda machine is permanently fixed in overdrive mode where Kashmir is concerned.

It's laughable how you guys get psyched so easily! I guess it's easier than going through the trouble of looking for the truth yourselves.

It's better you look at your own atrocities being committed and sort out your problems before pontificating to others.

Quite hilarious to know that Kashmiri's aren't queuing up to leave India for Pakistan or anywhere else even under such horrific conditions. :lol:

proof is in the pudding my friend - not in some BS conspiracy theories. When I joined PDF - Pakistani's were rattling out figures of 40,000 kashmiri's killed - now it wildly oscillates between anywhere from 50,000 to 100's of thousands. :lol:

Don't talk crap that is dished out regularly by your Mullah brigade to brainwash the sheeple. Your propaganda machine is permanently fixed in overdrive mode where Kashmir is concerned.

It's laughable how you guys get psyched so easily! I guess it's easier than going through the trouble of looking for the truth yourselves.

It's better you look at your own atrocities being committed and sort out your problems before pontificating to others.
Sorry talking crap is your forte! Talking crap all day long is not going to change a fact!

Quite hilarious to know that Kashmiri's aren't queuing up to leave India for Pakistan or anywhere else even under such horrific conditions. :lol:

proof is in the pudding my friend - not in some BS conspiracy theories. When I joined PDF - Pakistani's were rattling out figures of 40,000 kashmiri's killed - now it wildly oscillates between anywhere from 50,000 to 100's of thousands. :lol:
Laugh all you want, but you can't deny no self respecting Kashmiri wants to live with you guys!

Back
Top Bottom