What's new

Fierce battle between Indian army-Pakistan militants in Kashmir

Vibs

Reaction score
When Indo-Pak foreign ministers were talking peace, Pakistani army tried to push-in a heavily armed group of militants into Kashmir from across the line of control (LoC) in Machil sector sparking a fierce gun battle with the army that left one junior commissioned officer (JCO) dead.

Lieutenant Colonel JS Brar, defence spokesman at Srinagar, said the army intercepted a movement on the LoC Wednesday morning and when militants were challenged they opened fire on the troopers.

“There was a gunfight between the militants and security forces in which we lost one JCO,” he said.

The operation in the area continues as army is trying to flush out the militants if any, who might have sneaked into valley. “The operation is continuing in the area. We can’t give the details about the militants off hand,” Lt Col Brar said.

This is the first major infiltration bid this summer in the Kashmir valley. Lieutenant General Syed Ata Hasnain, general officer commanding of Srinagar, had recently stated that there are 42 terror camps operational in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (***) and 700 ultras are waiting to cross into the valley.

The army has foiled five infiltration bids on the line of control (LoC) recently indicating the desperation of the militants to cross over. The army had cautioned that things are building up on the LoC.

The fresh infiltration comes on the day when Indo-Pak foreign ministers agreed terrorism poses a continuing threat to peace and security. They reiterated the firm and undiluted commitment of the two countries to fight and eliminate this scourge in all its forms.

Both sides agreed on the need to strengthen cooperation on counter-terrorism to bring those responsible for terror crimes to justice

The Ministers affirmed the importance of carrying forward the dialogue process with a view to resolving peacefully all outstanding issues through constructive and result oriented engagement, and to establish friendly, cooperative and good neighbourly relations between Pakistan and India.
Fierce battle between Indian army-Pakistan militants in Kashmir - India - DNA

why not just place sentry guns on the border? that way we don't have to risk losing Jawans sentry guns will just turn any moving thing that infiltrates the LoC into swiss cheese take a look

these things track movement and shoot on sight until the target is down

korea-dodamm-super-aegis-autonomos-robot-gun-turret-1.jpg

korea-dodamm-super-aegis-autonomos-robot-gun-turret.JPG

korea-dodamm-super-aegis-autonomos-robot-gun-turret-3.JPG

this thing above can kill human sized targets from 3km away! we should buy this and use it on the LoC its all weather and works in both day and night time conditions

why not just place sentry guns on the border? that way we don't have to risk losing Jawans sentry guns will just turn any moving thing that infiltrates the LoC into swiss cheese take a look

these things track movement and shoot on sight until the target is down

korea-dodamm-super-aegis-autonomos-robot-gun-turret-1.jpg

korea-dodamm-super-aegis-autonomos-robot-gun-turret.JPG

http://images.gizmag.com/gallery_lrg/korea-dodamm-super-aegis-autonomos-robot-gun-turret-3.JPG

this thing above can kill human sized targets from 3km away! we should by this and use it on the LoC

You mean like wildlife? Sheperds? Local kids who don't know what LoC means?

from when indian border guards started caring for these??? just shoot... He gave a good idea,,,,,,,,,

first of all of the LoC is nothing but heavily guarded by security forces what kid or shepherd in his/her right mind would go to the LoC where there are BIG SIGNS and ARMY MEN looking through binoculars on towers besides when i went to J&K the IA does not allow civilians or foreigners within 10km of the LoC even those who live in the villages less than 10km away from the LoC IA have instructed the village head to tell the villagers not to go anywhere around the LoC

from when indian border guards started caring for these??? just shoot... He gave a good idea,,,,,,,,,

If you are referring to the Indo-Bangla border, it is questionable as the guards of both sides there are known to be trigger happy.. Kashmir is extremely sensitive. A single death could spark an all out riot.

first of all of the LoC is nothing but heavily guarded by security forces what kid or shepherd in his/her right mind would go to the LoC where there are BIG SIGNS and ARMY MEN looking through binoculars on towers besides when i went to J&K the IA does not allow civilians or foreigners within 10km of the LoC even those who live in the villages less than 10km away from the LoC IA have instructed the village head to tell the villagers not to go anywhere around the LoC
Actually this happens quite often.If you ever go to Kashmir,you'd be surprised at how openly accessible areas near the LoC are despite the army protection.

no sane person in his right mind would even be on the LoC its heavily armed i was not allowed to go 10km near the LoC but i saw enough there is army men heavily armed men on top of towers looking through binoculars radio chatter etc Sentry guns are a good choice to stop infiltration

tell me you think South or North Korea allows civilians to along there demilitarized border? IA does not either ^__^

Actually this happens quite often.If you ever go to Kashmir,you'd be surprised at how openly accessible areas near the LoC are despite the army protection.

nonetheless these sentry guns would only be pointed AT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LOC!!!! not towards us! if we did have them we could point them towards infiltration hot spots you think its a bad idea? you want another brave Jawan to die when all we need to do is set a couple of these babies (sentry guns) on the LoC and the patrols still continue but less chance of one of our men in uniform getting killed?

I don't doubt the technology bro :). I question it's placement at the LoC. Could be used in our bunkers in Kargil though :D.

It is not an automatic weapon but a remote controlled one.

I don't doubt the technology bro :). I question it's placement at the LoC. Could be used in our bunkers in Kargil though :D.

bro we place this 2.5km away from the LoC when a militant approaches within 500m of the LoC he is turned into swiss cheese plain and simple! best of all its remote controlled from a control station nearby adding in case the system fails to bring down the target a rapid action prevention team of the IA can be called in to subdue the militants! think about it bro

It is not an automatic weapon but a remote controlled one.

I know dude. In real life Jawans shout a warning before opening fire. A little difficult to do so with this beast :).

Back
Top Bottom