What's new

FIA arrests journalist Mohsin Baig

His reaction was way over the top and pointing and shooting at the LEAs cannot be justified, but knowing how journalists in this country are picked up in plain clothes without warrants, every citizen has the right to self-defence. I am no sure, none of us would allow any LEA personnel inside our home if they don't have a warrant.

The fishy thing is, FIA Lahore office receives a complaint at 9:00am, at 9:30am Islamabad FIA team is at his place for the arrest, it's clear they didn't have any warrants.

Looks like the favourite minister used state's power to settle a personal score.

PS: No love lost for Mohsin Baig, he was close to the PM, and now he's close to the boys.
Good reading.

I am really looking forward to see how media personalities come out to justify this thuggery. Or if they even condemn this incident like they do every other SHO and inspector in the police.

His reaction was way over the top and pointing and shooting at the LEAs cannot be justified, but knowing how journalists in this country are picked up in plain clothes without warrants, every citizen has the right to self-defence. I am no sure, none of us would allow any LEA personnel inside our home if they don't have a warrant.

The fishy thing is, FIA Lahore office receives a complaint at 9:00am, at 9:30am Islamabad FIA team is at his place for the arrest, it's clear they didn't have any warrants.

Looks like the favourite minister used state's power to settle a personal score.

PS: No love lost for Mohsin Baig, he was close to the PM, and now he's close to the boys.

You do know that the officer applying for the warrants does not need to be present themselves?

They could have already positioned a team in Islamabad, or deputed someone there the previous day. As soon as they get news of the warrant, they can then proceed to go to his house.

You do know that the officer applying for the warrants does not need to be present themselves?

They could have already positioned a team in Islamabad, or deputed someone there the previous day. As soon as they get news of the warrant, they can then proceed to go to his house.

The warrants need to be presented to the person who's being arrested, that's how it happens. No LEA can enter a house unless they have the arrest/search warrants, otherwise, it's a banana republic, LEA officers would be harmed in the process, and everyone will resist arrest.

FLtcaz-X0AMHYWI

Also, the FIR copy clearly shows how this was all preplanned, there's no way you can get a warrant in 30 minutes.

Anyways, this discussion is irrelevant now, since the Session Court has already declared the FIA raid illegal.

The warrants need to be presented to the person who's being arrested, that's how it happens. No LEA can enter a house unless they have the arrest/search warrants, otherwise, it's a banana republic, LEA officers would be harmed in the process, and everyone will resist arrest.

FLtcaz-X0AMHYWI

Also, the FIR copy clearly shows how this was all preplanned, there's no way you can get a warrant in 30 minutes.

Anyways, this discussion is irrelevant now, since the Session Court has already declared the FIA raid illegal.

Faxed warrants can also be shown.

And from what I have heard, the FIA is going to challenge the decision of the sessions court since they believe they had all the documents in order and completed all the formalities.

Would be interesting to see what happens.

Why arrest? should have been killed on the spot with all his sons and accomplices for pointing firearms at LEA. I have never seen such a weak state. If the state institutions can't do anything against these gangsters, what would a normal citizen do?

I bet the corrupt courts would honorable acquit this thug and punish the LEA for doing their job.

Why arrest? should have been killed on the spot with all his sons and accomplices for pointing firearms at LEA. I have never seen such a weak state. If the state institutions can't do anything against these gangsters, what would a normal citizen do?

I bet the corrupt courts would honorable acquit this thug and punish the LEA for doing their job.
In US moment you pull the gun, in sec there is metal rain from all directions,,, no question ask.

This isn't USA , it's Pakistan. Can't believe the FIA are that weak, they should have sent a SWAT team in to arrest him.

Why arrest? should have been killed on the spot with all his sons and accomplices for pointing firearms at LEA.

Some people in plain cloths show up at your door step, dont provide you with any i.d or warrant ,bro take my word for it ----- and ask you to accompany them to their vehicle .

What would have you done ?

In US moment you pull the gun, in sec there is metal rain from all directions,,, no question ask.

one gangster of a journalist

This isn't USA , it's Pakistan. Can't believe the FIA are that weak, they should have sent a SWAT team in to arrest him.
There is no arrest because there is no warrant. no matter how one feels about the media, FIA and PTI are in the wrong here. Police and FIA both have failed to produce required evidence in sessions court.

Besides, how would you know that a person in civilian clothing isnt a daku if he doesnt produce a search or arrest warrant?

There is no arrest because there is no warrant. no matter how one feels about the media, FIA and PTI are in the wrong here. Police and FIA both have failed to produce required evidence in sessions court.

Besides, how would you know that a person in civilian clothing isnt a daku if he doesnt produce a search or arrest warrant?

All laws and due process is to be bypassed if someone critiques my cricket idol ------.

Faxed warrants can also be shown.

And from what I have heard, the FIA is going to challenge the decision of the sessions court since they believe they had all the documents in order and completed all the formalities.

Would be interesting to see what happens.

FIA have not presented any warrants to session judge also, according to lawyers no warrants were needed just an order from higher official of FIA was enough but that too could have issued after notice to appear and non-compliance of notice would followed by an arrest. This was not the case in this matter.

Back
Top Bottom