What's new

Fearful Putin Shuts Down Voice Of America In Russia

A dude with MULLAHS and an Ayatollah trying to teach an American about democracy and freedom, again.:woot:

Hey .

Did I ?:what:

I'm not defending them , But I'm sure its not Mullahs who have tried to bring peace , Justice and beauty to this world for the last 7 decades . :pop:

Sure, we'll hose the Russians, and anyone else when the chance arises. And everyone else does the same. It's just that Russia doesn't have the stuff to shut down on the U.S. as the U.S. does on Russia. If you were So concerned about Russia getting ripped off, you should be crying bloody murder over the way Vladi and his pals have taken over anything worth owning in Russia. 'Corrupt' doesn't even BEGIN to explain the 'Putin Posse's' thefts.:rofl:
'

So you don't even deny that the G-8 suspension was illegal and a double standards, yet you are making a big fuss about a propaganda station being shut down.

Right now Russia is demanding Ukraine pay something to the tune of 34 billion dollars for gas which it has yet to pay a cent this year. The US and EU want Ukraine so bad that they will be forced to pay up. So who is getting hosed again? :lol:

Man seriously no-one here whether indians,pakistanis,saudis,iranis etc are sympathetic to usa for the reasons even known to u.

I am no usa hater,it did what it had to do for world domination but don't try to teach democracy and freedom to others after killing millions and destroying half a dozen nations.

Peace

India would be doing the same shit if it could. Russia and China are trying.:usflag:

Pathetic Ruskies :lol:

‘Double Standard’: US blasts Russia for blocking Voice of America
Published April 11, 2014

March 28, 2014: Russian President Vladimir Putin speaks in the Kremlin in Moscow.AP

U.S. officials are assailing the Russian government for shutting down Voice of America's radio broadcasts in Moscow, in a move that marked a dramatic escalation of the message war between the two governments amid the Ukraine conflict.

The U.S. government-backed radio broadcast had been operating from a local frequency in Russia's capital for years. But Dmitry Kiselev, the director of the information agency Rossiya Segodnya (Russia Today), informed Voice of America late last month it would "not cooperate" with a U.S. request to renew its license.

According to Russian media, he dismissed U.S. and other radio stations as a "spam on our frequencies."

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki on Friday condemned the decision and accused Russia of hypocrisy for defending free speech in other countries, but not their own.

"We call on them now to drop this obvious double standard, and allow the same access to information for their people that it insists other nations provide," she said.

Asked Friday if the U.S. would reciprocate by shutting down Russia outlets in the U.S., Psaki said the U.S. would not -- because of a belief in free media.

The Russia media decision has hardened the stand-off between Vladimir Putin's government and the West over the annexation of the Crimean Peninsula and troop build-up on the Ukraine border. U.S. officials argue that the Russian government has increasingly frozen out media and online publications, while ignoring harassment of and attacks on journalists in the country.

The U.S. Embassy in Russia issued a scathing statement, saying the license denial is "particularly ironic" since Russian officials were just denouncing a Kiev court for allowing the suspension of Russian broadcasts in Ukraine.

"We call on the Russian government to allow the same access to information for their people that it insists other nations provide," the U.S. Embassy said.

Diplomatic officials are stepping into the fray after Russia's media infrastructure tangled days earlier with the U.S. Broadcasting Board of Governors, which oversees Voice of America.

"Moscow has chosen to do the wrong thing and restrict free speech," BBG Chairman Jeff Shell said in a statement.

According to the BBG, distribution of Voice of America and other related programming reached a "high point" in Russia in 2005. But the Russian government then started asking U.S. stations to reapply for their licenses, and began denying them.

Shell noted that while Russia cracks down on U.S. outlets, Russian media including Russia Today enjoy "open access" in the United States.

According to Russia Today, Kiselev denied the decision to end the Voice of America contract had "anything to do with the freedom of speech."

He reportedly said that Voice of America and one other station in question "have nothing original to say."

U.S. officials noted that the license decision is part of a broader pattern, where the Russian government has passed laws "imposing unprecedented censorship and restrictions on media and online publications."

This includes blocking independent websites and blogs, and denying visas to foreign journalists.

Despite the license denial, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty's Russian Service still offers radio programming over the Internet and satellite.

All of Putins 'moves' are derived from fear and weakness. He's the BEST thing to happen in Russia for the West.

So you don't even deny that the G-8 suspension was illegal and a double standards, yet you are making a big fuss about a propaganda station being shut down.

Right now Russia is demanding Ukraine pay something to the tune of 34 billion dollars for gas which it has yet to pay a cent this year. The US and EU want Ukraine so bad that they will be forced to pay up. So who is getting hosed again? :lol:

I couldn't give a flying **** about Ukraine. And my father was from Ukraine. This is in Europes back yard, let them, for once take a lead on doing something. To me, it's not our problem. I'd toss them a few bucks aid, but that's about it.

Hey .

Did I ?:what:

I'm not defending them , But I'm sure its not Mullahs who have tried to bring peace , Justice and beauty to this world for the last 7 decades . :pop:

Dude, isn't your internet heavily censored ? And aren't candidates in elections first picked by the mullahs ? And don't you have Basiji cruising around smacking chicks for showing some skin ? And............ You just don't know WHAT you don't know, man.

Dude, isn't your internet heavily censored ? And aren't candidates in elections first picked by the mullahs ? And don't you have Basiji cruising around smacking chicks for showing some skin ? And............ You just don't know WHAT you don't know, man.

The US president is handpicked by the Rothschild dynasty.

The US president is handpicked by the Rothschild dynasty.

Oh boy, one of 'them' people. Pass out the tin-foil hats !! Yeah, if they DID, like they would have picked Obama. HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!:rofl:

As I said , I don't support or oppose them as every system has advantages and disadvantages but wait , I don't think you have better condition in the so called most democratic country of the world and symbol of liberty ( US of A ) , As far as I see you don't actually have option in elections as well . Only 2 main parties and the rest are wiped before giving a chance or equal conditions in elections , Your people try to get rid of democrats by voting Republicans and the opposite happens next four years .

I'm sure we have many limitations in Iran but even in this condition , our people know what's happening in the world more than those free Americans whose minds have been filled with false propaganda to a level that most of them don't dare to think about Iran or stepping to this country and when they come and see the reality , They're shocked .

Don't believe me ?!!

Read American tourists memories and stories who visited Iran .

‘Double Standard’: US blasts Russia for blocking Voice of America
Published April 11, 2014

March 28, 2014: Russian President Vladimir Putin speaks in the Kremlin in Moscow.AP

U.S. officials are assailing the Russian government for shutting down Voice of America's radio broadcasts in Moscow, in a move that marked a dramatic escalation of the message war between the two governments amid the Ukraine conflict.

The U.S. government-backed radio broadcast had been operating from a local frequency in Russia's capital for years. But Dmitry Kiselev, the director of the information agency Rossiya Segodnya (Russia Today), informed Voice of America late last month it would "not cooperate" with a U.S. request to renew its license.

According to Russian media, he dismissed U.S. and other radio stations as a "spam on our frequencies."

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki on Friday condemned the decision and accused Russia of hypocrisy for defending free speech in other countries, but not their own.

"We call on them now to drop this obvious double standard, and allow the same access to information for their people that it insists other nations provide," she said.

Asked Friday if the U.S. would reciprocate by shutting down Russia outlets in the U.S., Psaki said the U.S. would not -- because of a belief in free media.

The Russia media decision has hardened the stand-off between Vladimir Putin's government and the West over the annexation of the Crimean Peninsula and troop build-up on the Ukraine border. U.S. officials argue that the Russian government has increasingly frozen out media and online publications, while ignoring harassment of and attacks on journalists in the country.

The U.S. Embassy in Russia issued a scathing statement, saying the license denial is "particularly ironic" since Russian officials were just denouncing a Kiev court for allowing the suspension of Russian broadcasts in Ukraine.

"We call on the Russian government to allow the same access to information for their people that it insists other nations provide," the U.S. Embassy said.

Diplomatic officials are stepping into the fray after Russia's media infrastructure tangled days earlier with the U.S. Broadcasting Board of Governors, which oversees Voice of America.

"Moscow has chosen to do the wrong thing and restrict free speech," BBG Chairman Jeff Shell said in a statement.

According to the BBG, distribution of Voice of America and other related programming reached a "high point" in Russia in 2005. But the Russian government then started asking U.S. stations to reapply for their licenses, and began denying them.

Shell noted that while Russia cracks down on U.S. outlets, Russian media including Russia Today enjoy "open access" in the United States.

According to Russia Today, Kiselev denied the decision to end the Voice of America contract had "anything to do with the freedom of speech."

He reportedly said that Voice of America and one other station in question "have nothing original to say."

U.S. officials noted that the license decision is part of a broader pattern, where the Russian government has passed laws "imposing unprecedented censorship and restrictions on media and online publications."

This includes blocking independent websites and blogs, and denying visas to foreign journalists.

Despite the license denial, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty's Russian Service still offers radio programming over the Internet and satellite.

All of Putins 'moves' are derived from fear and weakness. He's the BEST thing to happen in Russia for the West.
Them Russians and their double standards.
Why don't they allow VoA, CIA and NSA they only want to give you demoncracy and freakdoms.

I couldn't give a flying **** about Ukraine. And my father was from Ukraine. This is in Europes back yard, let them, for once take a lead on doing something. To me, it's not our problem. I'd toss them a few bucks aid, but that's about it.

Your opinions don't matter. As i recall you said Russia got hosed, my rebuttal was that whoever ends up paying Ukraine's 34 billion dollar debt is the one that will get hosed. I could care less about your ancestry or your feelings, point is someone will be paying Russia 34 billion dollars and it isn't Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom