What's new

Fawad Chaudhry, Sushma Swaraj spar over alleged abduction, forced conversion of Ghotki sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Siddiqui

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Fawad Chaudhry, Sushma Swaraj spar over alleged abduction, forced conversion of Ghotki sisters
Dawn.comUpdated March 24, 2019

5c97729dded1b.jpg

Minister for Information Fawad Chaudhry and India's Minister for External Affairs Sushma Swaraj exchanged words on Twitter on Sunday on the alleged abduction and forced conversion of the Ghotki sisters. — Dawn

Minister for Information Fawad Chaudhry and India's Minister for External Affairs Sushma Swaraj exchanged words on Twitter on Sunday after the latter shared that she had asked the Indian high commissioner in Pakistan to give her a report on the alleged abduction and forced conversion of two teenage sisters from Ghotki.

Chaudhry, responding to Swaraj, said that this was Pakistan's internal matter and he hoped the Indian government would "act with same diligence when it comes to rights of Indian minorities".

"It is Pakistan's internal issue and rest assure[d], it's not Modi’s India where minorities are subjugated," he added. "It's Imran Khan’s Naya Pak where the white colour of our flag [representing minorities] is equally dear to us."

Ch Fawad Hussain

✔@fawadchaudhry

Mam its Pakistin internal issue and rest assure its not Modi’s India where minorities are subjugated its Imran Khan’s Naya Pak where white color of our flag is equally dearer to us.I hope you ll act with same diligence when it comes to rights of Indian Minorities

Chowkidar Sushma Swaraj

✔@SushmaSwaraj

I have asked Indian High Commissioner in Pakistan to send a report on this. @IndiainPakistan
Two Hindu girls abducted on Holi eve in Pakistan's Sindh http://toi.in/tlMF9b/a24gk via @TOIWorld

11:51 AM - Mar 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

4,890 people are talking about this

Swaraj, addressing the minister, said her inquiry for a report on the girls — who belong to a Hindu family — made Chaudhry "jittery". "I only asked for a report from Indian High Commissioner in Islamabad about the kidnapping and forced conversion of two minor Hindu girls to Islam. This was enough to make you jittery. This only shows your guilty conscience."

In his reply, Chaudhry said he was "happy" that there were people in the Indian administration "who care for minority rights in other countries".

"I sincerely hope that your conscience will allow you to stand up for minorities at home as well. Gujarat and Jammu must weigh heavily on your soul," the information minister said pointedly.

Ch Fawad Hussain

✔@fawadchaudhry

Madam Minister I am happy that in the Indian administration we have people who care for minority rights in other countries. I sincerely hope that your conscience will allow you to stand up for minorities at home as well. Gujarat and Jammu must weigh heavily on your soul.

Chowkidar Sushma Swaraj

✔@SushmaSwaraj

Mr.Minister @fawadchaudhry - I only asked for a report from Indian High Commissioner in Islamabad about the kidnapping and forced conversion of two minor Hindu girls to Islam. This was enough to make you jittery. This only shows your guilty conscience. @IndiainPakistan

3:53 PM - Mar 24, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

3,126 people are talking about this

Later, during a press conference, the minister reiterated that the Imran Khan-led government was ensuring the rights and protection of the country's minorities, questioning if the Indian government could claim the same.

He added that incidents happen all over the world, but what matters is how governments deal with them, giving the example of the recent New Zealand terror attack and its Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, who has been praised for her government's humane handling of the massacre.

"We saw the way New Zealand's government stood with their minority. Can India say that it stands with its minorities?" he asked.

Earlier in the day, the minister announced that Prime Minister Imran Khan had ordered the Sindh and Punjab governments to work together to investigate the reports of the alleged abduction and forced conversion from Hinduism to Islam of two teenage girls, and to retrieve them from Rahim Yar Khan — where they are suspected to have been taken from Ghotki.

The father and brother of the girls — one aged 14 and the other 16 — have alleged that the two sisters were abducted and forced into changing their religion from Hinduism to Islam. However, in a video making rounds on social media, of the girls say that they accepted Islam of their own free will.

The minor girls, after changing their religion, were married to Muslim men. "FIR [registered] with local police for 'abducting to compel to marriage'. Age in FIR is 14 and 16," said activist and lawyer Jibran Nasir. "Under Sindh Child Marriages Restraint Act, every citizen under 18 falls under definition of child and can't be married."

https://www.dawn.com/news/1471587/f...abduction-forced-conversion-of-ghotki-sisters

PM orders Sindh, Punjab govts to investigate reports of teenage girls' alleged abduction, forced conversion

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday ordered the Sindh and Punjab governments to work together to recover two teenage girls who were allegedly kidnapped, forced to convert from Hinduism to Islam before being married to Muslim men, and have reportedly been taken to Rahim Yar Khan from Ghotki.

The father and brother of the girls in videos — circulating on social media over the last two days — said that the two sisters were abducted and forced into changing their religion from Hinduism to Islam. However, a separate video of the girls has also been making rounds, in which they said that they accepted Islam of their own free will.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1471573/p...age-girls-alleged-abduction-forced-conversion

Sushma may cry if she engaged with fawad or shekh rasheed its nya pakistan burdhiya

Chowkidar Sushma Swaraj...now every BJP minister is using 'Chowkidar' in their Twitter account handle.

There was a case of a girl in India who was 18 or 19 years old, she was from a hindu family and she converted to Islam and she married a Muslim guy. The Indian court forced her to be brought back to her parents house and kept there.

Atleast this is only an allegation of force conversation where people are unclear on what exactly is the truth and if it is forced, I'm sure Pakistani courts will be against it and so will most Pakistani people. Whereas in India the courts actually publicly force people against their will to remain with hinduism.

edit - had a look, https://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-india-hindu-islam-20180308-story.html looks like Indian supreme nullied the lower courts order in that conversion case I mentioned above.

There was a case of a girl in India who was 18 or 19 years old, she was from a hindu family and she converted to Islam and she married a Muslim guy. The Indian court forced her to be brought back to her parents house and kept there.

Atleast this is only an allegation of force conversation where people are unclear on what exactly is the truth and if it is forced, I'm sure Pakistani courts will be against it and so will most Pakistani people. Whereas in India the courts actually publicly force people against their will to remain with hinduism.

edit - had a look, https://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-india-hindu-islam-20180308-story.html looks like Indian supreme nullied the lower courts order in that conversion case I mentioned above.

In some of these cases as you have mentioned, the Hindu parents file for abduction and forced conversion cases even if the girl(s) got married with their will and converted to Islam, and leave or runaway from their parents home, but here the girls are of 14 and 16 year age and the case looks genuine...

PM IK taking this issue personally shows the genuine concern...

In some of these cases as you have mentioned, the Hindu parents file for abduction and forced conversion cases even if the girl(s) got married with their will and converted to Islam, and leave or runaway from their parents home, but here the girls are of 14 and 16 year age and the case looks genuine...

PM IK taking this issue personally shows the genuine concern...

I agree that we should definitely investigate this case properly. If it turns out that people are actually abducting girls then there needs to be a very strict punishment, I would go so far as to even execute people if this is true because noone's daughter should be abducted.

I agree that we should definitely investigate this case properly. If it turns out that people are actually abducting girls then there needs to be a very strict punishment, I would go so far as to even execute people if this is true because noone's daughter should be abducted.

These brain dead Mullahs are not doing any service to Islam if they think this is something good.

As said in the last sermon of holy prophet, peace be upon him, there is no compulsion in religion and said you are free to go to your churches, your temples and your places of worship...such acts are demeaning and giving bad name to the plural and holistic message of the universal religion of Islam, they, the culprits, should be taken to task.

Islam spread in this region through Sufia's and with their message of compassion, brotherhood, humanity and humility, love and affection for all irrespective of their religious beliefs.

PM orders Sindh, Punjab govts to investigate reports of teenage girls' alleged abduction, forced conversion

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Sunday ordered the Sindh and Punjab governments to work together to recover two teenage girls who were allegedly kidnapped, forced to convert from Hinduism to Islam before being married to Muslim men, and have reportedly been taken to Rahim Yar Khan from Ghotki.

The father and brother of the girls in videos — circulating on social media over the last two days — said that the two sisters were abducted and forced into changing their religion from Hinduism to Islam. However, a separate video of the girls has also been making rounds, in which they said that they accepted Islam of their own free will.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1471573/p...age-girls-alleged-abduction-forced-conversion

Chowkidar Sushma Swaraj...now every BJP minister is using 'Chowkidar' in their Twitter account handle.
Himy noker nhi chayee they can go find any other country whom need chukidar

Himy noker nhi chayee they can go find any other country whom need chukidar

Chaiwala turned into Chowkidar...as Rahul has said Chowkidar Chor hai.

Chowkidars have some good reputation in India, they are protesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom