Recipe, please.

INGREDIENTS:

1kg Beef.
7-8 Chopped Green Chilies.
2 Bunches Chopped Green Coriander.
2 tsp Cumin Seeds.
1 tsp Cinnamon Powder.
2 tsp Black Pepper Powder.
2-3 tsp All spice powder (Garam Masala).
2-3 tbsp Red Chili Powder.
3-4 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste.
3-4 tbsp Chopped Ginger.
7-8 Chopped tomatoes.
3-4 Lemons.
2-3 tsp Salt (you can increase /decrease as per your taste).
1 Cup Yogurt.
9-10 tbsp Cooking Oil.

PREPARATION:
Take a wok (Round bottomed cooking vessel). Add in beef, Red Chilies Powder, Salt, Mixed Species, Yogurt, Garlic paste and Ginger slices. Cook till the water left by the beef dries. Add Chopped Tomatoes, Black Pepper, Ground Pepper and Cumin Seeds. Add Cooking Oil gradually and cook till the oil forms separate layer on top. Sprinkle Lemon juice. Garnish with Chopped Green Coriander, Chopped Green Chilies and Chopped Ginger on it. BEEF KARAHI is ready. Serve with Lahori Nans.

INGREDIENTS:

1kg Beef.
7-8 Chopped Green Chilies.
2 Bunches Chopped Green Coriander.
2 tsp Cumin Seeds.
1 tsp Cinnamon Powder.
2 tsp Black Pepper Powder.
2-3 tsp All spice powder (Garam Masala).
2-3 tbsp Red Chili Powder.
3-4 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste.
3-4 tbsp Chopped Ginger.
7-8 Chopped tomatoes.
3-4 Lemons.
2-3 tsp Salt (you can increase /decrease as per your taste).
1 Cup Yogurt.
9-10 tbsp Cooking Oil.
I"ll have to think of some substitutes. Can't do yogurt 'cause that wouldn't be kosher. I can use pareve sour cream instead, but the taste won't be the same. Green coriander is called cilantro in the U.S. - at least, I think the two are the same.

About how long does it take to cook?

I"ll have to think of some substitutes. Can't do yogurt 'cause that wouldn't be kosher. I can use pareve sour cream instead, but the taste won't be the same. Green coriander is called cilantro in the U.S. - at least, I think the two are the same.

Around 45 mins, pretty long, but so good and worth it!

I love Beef. But most of people around me like roast chargha.

Yogurt is for thickening the sauce.

You can simply cut out the yogurt/cream and sauce will not be as thick.

you can also use thinly sliced potatoes as thickening agent. Zap them in microwave to precook and then add them to the dish when the meat is done roasting. Let the two simmer and you will get sauce consistency similar to the one with yogurt.

Let's know how your experimentation goes.

Lahori beef kahari
Pakistani_Food_Karahi_Beef.jpg

beef Karahi is not the most favourite at all. in fact its not available at most of the restaurants.

Its chicken Karahi or Biryani.

you wil fuckk up, go to some indian or Pakistani restaurant.. unless ofcourse you are that thing who doesnot believe in eating other than Kosher meat made by the holy chosen ones :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom