What's new

Favourite English TV shows

Your Favorite Shows from the following

• Total voters
Anyone watched True Detective here? The first season is just over. I think that show is outstanding. Not your usual murder mysteries, quite intense and great acting!

Anyone watched True Detective here? The first season is just over. I think that show is outstanding. Not your usual murder mysteries, quite intense and great acting!

My brother is watching it and he tells me it is very well written show. I am still catching up on game of thrones once I am up to date I will watch True Detective. :enjoy:

Breaking Bad remains the best :azn:. Though this is also good

Completely different shows. Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows too, but if it is alternative rock then True Detective is psychedelic. :P

A good scene from true detective (no spoilers) ;)

Rome was a classic.Watching arrow now,its quite good given that its based on a comic book character.Spartacus was pure fun.The hindi mahabharat is also rocking it currently on star plus.Person of interest is another great series.Then there's sherlock,but only 3 episodes a year.Lost was one of my all time favourites.
Among anime, rurouni kenshin kyoto arc is just a must watch.

But game of thrones i must say tops all.
Romeeeeeeeeee, another awesome tv series. The best thing about it, caeser antony cleopatra are all side characters shown from POV of those two legionnaires. Do you know there were actually 2 legionnaires by the name of lucius verinus and titus pullo in caeser's army. I was hooked to Rome, finished it in 2-3 days in continuous sittings, what a shame it ended because of budget considerations, the character of octavian was just stone cold

Romeeeeeeeeee, another awesome tv series. The best thing about it, caeser antony cleopatra are all side characters shown from POV of those two legionnaires. Do you know there were actually 2 legionnaires by the name of lucius verinus and titus pullo in caeser's army. I was hooked to Rome, finished it in 2-3 days in continuous sittings, what a shame it ended because of budget considerations, the character of octavian was just stone cold

Yes they existed and are mentioned in caesar's commentaries.However caesar's greatest 2 centurions were marcus cassius scaeva of the 9th legion and gaius crastinus of the 10th.Rome was great fun to watch,even though it was part unhistorical.In reality atia had no historical role at all and titus pullo certainly didn't bring down the republic with one punch.Octavian was though as stone cold as portrayed.My favourite character was james purefoy's mark antony.Just epic acting.Followed by kevin mckidd's lucius vorenus.Another favourite was cicero.Cato was a disappointment,too old than the original cato and lacked the passion and vehemence of the actual.He looked tired.Also servillia never committed suicide.She died of old age well into the augustan era.

@ExtraOdinary - If ur interested in roman history during thgis era set in a thriller/fiction setting i would absolutely suggest the 6 books of collen mccullough's masters of rome series.
Begins with marius and sulla and ends with antony's defeat.And epic and incredible read.Only fault is overidolization of caesar,other than that it was perfect.U can get a small 5mb odd ebook torrent from any of those sites with name masters of rome .

From ur avatar it appears ur a marvel fan?

Best shows i have watched recently are Breaking bad and house of cards.All time favorite The sopranos and the wire

@ExtraOdinary - If ur interested in roman history during thgis era set in a thriller/fiction setting i would absolutely suggest the 6 books of collen mccullough's masters of rome series.
Begins with marius and sulla and ends with antony's defeat.And epic and incredible read.Only fault is overidolization of caesar,other than that it was perfect.U can get a small 5mb odd ebook torrent from any of those sites with name masters of rome .

From ur avatar it appears ur a marvel fan?
No not a marvel fanatic, just a devotee of Lord Odin, the one and only true God

No not a marvel fanatic, just a devotee of Lord Odin, the one and only true God

Nope that would be dyaus,the original sky father of all indo-aryan religions.From his name dyaus pita stems zeus pater,jupiter,tiwaz the original germanic prime god.Tiwaz was later superseded in importance by odin just like indra had been by the trinity.Tiwaz is now called tyr,norse god of war.Still tuesday is his day,just like wednesday is odin's day and thursday thor's day.

Back
Top Bottom