What's new

Fatwa issued against 'Surya Namaskar'

I think certain Christian organisations also have come out strong AGAINST surya namaskar. Madhya pradesh government ought to perform a reality check.

If forced against will, people will take it to the court....and ofcourse, win.

Surya namaskar, no matter how you put it, is " sun worship ". It is forbidden in Islam and the right to religion is a fundamental right afforded to every Indian citizen.

I think certain Christian organisations also have come out strong AGAINST surya namaskar. Madhya pradesh government ought to perform a reality check.

MP Govt is not at all making it compulsory. So that concern is misplaced.

However, this may be a stunt by that government. Those who are corrupt cannot really care about Yoga. They should focus on removing corruption.

Tainted IAS couple told to pay Rs 135cr tax - Times Of India

Apart from religious perspective, whats wrong in performing our own INDIGENOUS excercise form created by OUR forefathers?
Our forefathers created martial arts and the chinese have become the masters of the arts !!!
When we bring religion into everything , we will lose another GooD excercise as welll !!!

Banning beef is a theocratic Hindu decision and tears to shreds all pretenses of secularism that India ever had. India has put actual Hindu law into effect by the Beef ban.

Only in Madhya pradesh. Beef is a delicacy in kerala, goa, north-east and elsewhere. Even some Brahmins in kerala consume beef.

The ban is not universal.

Surya namaskar, no matter how you put it, is " sun worship ". It is forbidden in Islam and the right to religion is a fundamental right afforded to every Indian citizen.

The govt has made it clear its voluntary for those who are interested...so i dont understand why these mullahs are frothing in their mouth...dont they have any better job than passing these fartwas ?

It is optional... do it if you like... else just walk away... but do some exercise atleast! I agree that this should NOT be made compulsory.

State School Education Minister, Archana Chitnis said, "Surya Namaskar is a Yogic exercise aimed at improving one's health and those not interested in taking part in it have an option to stay away from it. Sun is neither saffron nor green."

Very good for the religious leaders to defend Islam. The recent decision to ban beef consumption shows - that Hindu's are trying to beat down Islam.

do watch this video to widen your idea of islam and beef eating.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Its sun worship - the Muslims who don't do it, would be in the right.

thas the problem with world...it is not the sun worship...they are called surya namaskar because you are supposed to do it under morning sun..all other later additions does not make it hindu or something...its universal and very very good exercise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bhopal: As Madhya Pradesh government tries to create a world record on Thursday with thousands of students performing the yogic 'Surya Namaskar' exercise, Muslim leaders have equated it with idol worship and issued a fatwa against it.
Leaders of the minority community have termed the move as un-Islamic and equated it with idol-worship, which is prohibited in Islam.
They also issued a fatwa in this regard on Tuesday which was also ratified by the Shahar Qazi, Sayyed Mushtaq Ali Nadvi.
muslims_studentsteacher6.jpg

The school education department has made elaborate arrangements to ensure maximum participation in the Surya Namaskar exercise so that a world record can be created by registering the feat in the Guinness Book of records, officials said.
Directives have been issued to all the government and government-aided schools to ensure maximum participation in the exercise so that it can become a world record.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has stated that the participation in the exercise is not compulsory.
State School Education Minister, Archana Chitnis said, "Surya Namaskar is a Yogic exercise aimed at improving one's health and those not interested in taking part in it have an option to stay away from it. Sun is neither saffron nor green."
However, Muslim leaders have termed the move as an attempt to saffronise the education system.

what next fatwa on aerobics and gymnastics?:hitwall:

If it's the case christian also enforcing their religion at us without our concerns if they are not accepting SN practicing govt. should close the christian schools and colleges indefinitely/ they should STOP preaching their religion in educational institutions. I did my studies at christian missionaries.

if they dont want to do it then leave them i mean democracy right if the entire exercise has any part of sun worshiping then no it should not be followed muslims can do the baba ramchand or whatever( dont know his name ););) breath in and out stuff :cheers:

well just a question. if the breathing in and out stuff is given a hindu name. will it be anti islamic ?

many things in ancient india started without associating it with god/gods but later they were associated with god....i do surya namskar without chanting anything....it is just an exercise..

Back
Top Bottom