What's new

Fateh Submarine | News & Discussions

Well hope this time Fateh get approval from the navy so our design can replace let say less versatile foreign design we already use.
I don't think there is any scenario that Ghadir is more capable than Fateh .

Ghadir would be great as a Persian Gulf sub patrol. Fateh as a Arabian Sea close to shore littoral patrol. Kilo as long range patrol. Besat as medium-long range patrol.

congratulations guys this is the second Fateh submarine.

Untitled21.jpg

Untitled22.jpg

Untitled23.jpg

Ghadir would be great as a Persian Gulf sub patrol. Fateh as a Arabian Sea close to shore littoral patrol. Kilo as long range patrol. Besat as medium-long range patrol.
Fatah also can work easily in persian gulf and if you want a sub truly perfect for sea of Oman build the bigger 1300 ton submarine .

All the seas and oceans are calm when you are underwater .
That beasat sub can go 100m deeper than Fateh. And that made it more suitable for sea of Oman which can be as deep as 2000m

True, my point was for when surfaced. The smaller the sub, the more vulnerable it is to high waves. That is the only reason the experts would classify this as a littoral sub. It has the range for the Indian Ocean, but rough waters might keep the sub closer in.

A sub fleet of about 50+ deep water subs is more valuable than squadrons of fifth gen fighters and dozens of frigates.

Maneuvering Hypersonic missiles will change warfare in the future and subs are UNDERWATER. Jet fighters and frigates are on the surface.

Subs are vulnerable by themselves and without a surface fleet to protect them.

It’s pretty easy to locate a submarine over time based on intercepting radio communications and then sending sub hunter patrol planes to pinpoint location.

After the sub has been narrowed to a general area, it’s over for the submarine. Either they surface or get crushed like a soda can under the sea.

Only reason submarines truly exist this day and age is to project second strike nuclear capability for a country and to ward off adversary submarines from carrier fleet.

If an enemy doesn’t know exact location of all of his adversary’s nuclear weapon equipped submarines then he cannot order nuclear wave strike without risking the own homeland to retaliation strike.

Personally Iran should eliminate Ghadir design and focus on building unmanned subs in the tonnage range of Ghadir and Fateh.

Manned subs below 1000 tons is inefficient use of resources.

https://www.quora.com/How-deep-must-you-go-in-a-submarine-to-avoid-a-bad-storm-on-the-sea

My guess with no storms, the Fetah could patrol the entire Arabian Sea. It is large enough for range and could support a crew for weeks. The main problem is storms.

The issue of depth would be for submarine warfare, less so for warfare against surface vessels.

Actually depth is also used for warfare against surface vessels and detection avoidance.

Hence why Soviet Union used titanium hulls in some submarines to achieve extreme depths.

Much harder for a surface vessel to detect and hit a sub at 1000 meters than at 300 meters.

It takes 4 years for company like Ford or Mercedes to build a commercial car from concept to mass production. I'd say it is a very good time for building a submarine class that has never been built in Iran before

well , for other countries it took 10-15 years to built their first self-designed submarine .... and we are sanction and our R&D budget is awful by any standard ( even by poor countries standard )

Why you are so negative !?

well , for other countries it took 10-15 years to built their first self-designed submarine .... and we are sanction and our R&D budget is awful by any standard ( even by poor countries standard )

Why you are so negative !?
I'm saying compared to a car which is far less sophisticated, 10 year design development and fabrication of a new submarine is a very good time. I'm actually positive.

4 year is for Design Developments which is the most time consuming part. When it is designed manufacturing can happen way faster. 2 every 4 years shouldn't be an issue.

Fateh is equipped with a lot of subsystems that had to be developed and tested in country for the 1st time and that's why it's field testing alone took 2 years and that's why it's taken so long.

In terms of production Iran's main problem will be funding and with enough funding 1 sub a year to year and a half at that facility alone wouldn't be an issue, again as long as there is funding for it. BUT the Fateh they have shown in my opinion has far too much sensor capability and sub systems for the fire power it can hold.

With Iran's limited budget building a larger version with twice the production cost but with 4 times the fire power makes far more sense to me and a sub like that is a sub Iran can afford to build at a rate of 1 every 4 years or so...

And since they have already got a lot of the sub systems down most of the R&D for a sub that's twice the size would be for the Hall and propulsion and in the future upgrading the subsystem and enhancing them will be a lot faster because now a lot of the tools and infrastructure for the sub systems are in place where as before they had to be developed in country for the 1st time

Fatah also can work easily in persian gulf and if you want a sub truly perfect for sea of Oman build the bigger 1300 ton submarine .

Absolutely correct this sub is perfect for the Oman sea area and I would say the highlighted area is where this sub was built to patrol

upload_2019-2-18_10-46-57.png

I don’t think it makes much sense using this sub in PG where the average depth is 50 meters and max depth is 90 meters.

This sub would be better off in the Oman and Arabian Sea or protecting the entrance to the PG.

Back
Top Bottom