What's new

FATA Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that is why kashmires were raising Pakistani flags. Such an unthankful breed of people.:disagree:

If muslims in a prosperous country like Britain can contemplate waging jehad agains the state, it doesn't take much to brainwash people into extremist mentality in a strife-torn region like Kashmir.

Okay but we have been there for 6 years and you for 60 so who is to blame ?

Regards

Why are we to blame just because we have a neighbour as pathetic as Afgainstan? Also why does the US object when we talk about minning and fencing the border? Why does US object when we push for the acceptance of the border? Also We dont run afghanistan.It has either been run by the Russians or the CIA and If the americans hadnt been such a jack *** and left the region after their interests of defeating the Russians was over, things would have been different today.
You guys dont like to share the blame and Pakistan is an easy way to get rid of it quite similar to what is happening these days.:angry:

Dear Jana,

My reply in bold.

Regards
Why people are dying every day ? Please post all the headline from Dawn or Jang for the last month and you will see more than 300 people have died in the last month as bad as Kashmir.

More people are dying of US/NATO strikes in Afghanistan/Pakistan.
More are bing killed in US proxies arround the world.
When US shower missiles in Pakistani areas you do not come up with such kinds of justifications.
People in Pakistan are paying for US/NATO proxies and terrorists, while people in Indian Held Kashmir are killed by Indian army for their demanding their rights. In Indian Held Kashmir, Kashmiris are not carrying out suicide bombing across India nor they had been involved in any boming in any city of India.

I wonder if they are forced to do that by Indian brutality how will India feel.

In Khurram what are they doing care to enlighten me O Oracle ?
In Kurram your pupet Karzai and his dogs have been mobilized to provide arms to two sides, Kill people from one tribe so that other is provoked and we know what happend after that.

Yes and I am the King of England. Face it they believe in their tribes first, their tradition second and then Pakistan. Nationhood is their last priority same as the Kashmir valley.

Wrong again if you know anything about their nationhood and specially about Kashmiris dear as it is their nationhood that they are struggling for their land Kashmir not for Muslim lands in India.
As far as Nationhood of Pakistani tribals is concerned you should go back and check History when they voted for Pakistan.

If not just come some day i will carry you to FATA and ask them if US attack or even Afghanistan attack what will be their stance.

And even if you cant do that let me tell you that after Kiyani's statement, these were the tribesmen of Pakistan that had fired on US helis when they tried to intrude. (its indeed another matter that two countries have to do face saving denying realities)

Why Islam believe in oneness ?
Beacuse Islam does not believe in cast system. everyone is equal no preference but only the right deeds determined who is better.

The entire ummah is one and those who are on wrong path are termed not one of us.
simple as that.

AQ is bad for the world I am concerned why they donot have such an extensive base in the world as they have it in your border areas ?
Beacuse the thing you call "the world" (US/and Western allies) for their own proxy wars have first created their base in our areas. They in their wisedom thought that by keeping the wolf at the door of Pakistan and Afghanistan will win their hegmonic proxy wars and at the same time the US and West will never face any problem and will keep enjoying the power at the cost of blood of the innocent but alas when they were strucked on 9/11 and UK on 7/7 and so on now they have realised that creating extensive base in Pakistan and Afghanistan for these elements, they have nor harmed us but the entire world.

That is below the belt but since I am fond of you I will not reply to it. When you come to UK you may be suprised who I am.

You must be knowing that frustration on your part in many recent posts implies for the same.
And i am also fond of you thats why when something comes from you is bellow the belt or biased or let me call it in more civilized language "not much neutral" then indeed it hurts.

If muslims in a prosperous country like Britain can contemplate waging jehad agains the state, it doesn't take much to brainwash people into extremist mentality in a strife-torn region like Kashmir.

It was the funniest thing i ever read as of today:woot:. So you are saying that the standard of living of Kashmires is equal to that of living in the UK.:what: Well what can i say then after all ignorance has no limits when it comes to patriotism.:disagree:

It was the funniest thing i ever read as of today:woot:. So you are saying that the standard of living of Kashmires is equal to that of living in the UK.:what: Well what can i say then after all ignorance has no limits when it comes to patriotism.:disagree:

You have some serious problem comprehending english paragraphs.

As if the world has not seen thousands and thousands of unarmed Kashmiris took to the roads an street over land row.
Stop your propagand of comparing Kashmiris with brainwashed people.

Kashmiris are not killing anyone in Indian cities nor they had went for suicide bombing.

But if Indian brutalities continue who knows one day they resort to that and i wonder what will India do then.

Anyway

Come to the topic

FATA not Kashmir here

As if the world has not seen thousands and thousands of unarmed Kashmiris took to the roads an street over land row.
Stop your propagand of comparing Kashmiris with brainwashed people.

Kashmiris are not killing anyone in Indian cities nor they had went for suicide bombing.

But if Indian brutalities continue who knows one day they resort to that and i wonder what will India do then.

Anyway

Come to the topic

FATA not Kashmir here

For once me and you agree, but what do you expect from distasteful and dirty indians.

For once me and you agree, but what do you expect from distasteful and dirty indians.

:) as i had visited them few months back and i had thorougly tried to understand the mindset, met different people from different fields. I cam to know about few important things.

A certain segment of their's is the root cause of many ills of India and at the same time all time hater of Pakistan and Islam.

This certain segment is that one which you find on many high posts in different fields with good edcuation but born hate for Islam and Pakistan.

I had realized expecting that they will ever spare Pakistan and become our friends well its a wishful thinking.

Thats why i say we should do trade, have ties but never harm ourselves by remaining in this day dreaming that they can ever be our true friends.

We need to watch our backs as they can stab you anytime.

You have some serious problem comprehending english paragraphs.

Look whos talking.:tsk: You are the one who's making the comparision at the first place. Muslims in UK with muslims in kashmir. Or unless you are implying something else over here, " Labeling the whole muslim community as terrorists irrespective of where they live"?
By the way for your poor information, kashmires were just protesting when Indian army opened fire on them. They certainly were not waging any Jihad. So how exactly is that compared to Muslims in Uk waging Jihad according to you?

:) as i had visited them few months back and i had thorougly tried to understand the mindset, met different people from different fields. I cam to know about few important things.

A certain segment of their's is the root cause of many ills of India and at the same time all time hater of Pakistan and Islam.

This certain segment is that one which you find on many high posts in different fields with good edcuation but born hate for Islam and Pakistan.

I had realized expecting that they will ever spare Pakistan and become our friends well its a wishful thinking.

Thats why i say we should do trade, have ties but never harm ourselves by remaining in this day dreaming that they can ever be our true friends.

They wouldnt even trade with you, they'll close down your water, they will try to destabilize you and try to take out the maximum advantage from your situation.
Bottom line is we cant move forward with them in any field no matter how hard we try, its just a waste of time and resources. A country who hasnt excepted your existence, dont expect any good out of them be it in trade or anything else.

The Taliban has laid down the gauntlet to Pakistan's overstretched security forces by opening up a new front in the north of the country.

By Isambard Wilkinson in Maidan
19 Sep 2008

7483b8925508b54f73149730cb8c66fa.gif

Militants have used fear and intimidation to clear a swathe of territory in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) to establish training camps and for taking sanctuary, and have set up their headquarters in Maidan, in the rugged, green hills of the Upper Dir valley.

"We know the local militants but we don't know the foreigners and outsiders who have arrived here. They are the mostly hardline, well-trained fighters," said Hussain Shah, a local leader from the NWFP's ruling Awami National Party (ANP).

The Taliban encroachment has seeped from Pakistan's seven tribal areas into adjacent areas nominally under full government control. In Maidan The Daily Telegraph witnessed armed Taliban fighters in fields surrounding the town.

Last week 20 more locals were killed and 30 wounded when militants hurled grenades and fired indiscriminately into a Dir mosque.

At a funeral service held two weeks ago in Maidan fear had silenced the mourners. Prayers were said for Mehmud Jan, the right-hand man of Sufi Mohammed, a former leader of a rival militant group, Tehreek-e-Nafaz-e- Shariat-e-Mohammadi (TNSM).

A friend said that Jan had been "courageous to talk against the Taliban". Militants riddled Jan with bullets in front of his house as he set out to pray in a nearby mosque.

"Nobody knows who to trust. Fear is everywhere. We do not look anybody in the eye," said Jan's friend.

The arrival of militants better known for fighting in Afghanistan comes at a watershed moment for Pakistan's counter-insurgency operations.

Washington and London are frustrated that Pakistan has failed to formulate a comprehensive counter insurgency strategy or a plan for governing its lawless, border tribal areas.

America is forging a new, more aggressive military strategy to tackle terrorist sanctuaries in Pakistan. Admiral Michael Mullen, the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, said last week that "time is running out" in the battle against the Taliban in neighbouring Afghanistan.

Tensions between the two allies escalated this week after Pakistani forces reportedly opened fire on American soldiers heading from Afghanistan towards Pakistan's border.

An ongoing campaign of firing American missiles into the tribal areas and a botched US commando ground assault conducted on Pakistani soil two weeks ago has prompted a barrage of protest from Pakistan's newly elected government.

America views Pakistan's policy of engaging militants in limited battles and then striking peace agreements with them as inadequate. Pakistan views its role as one of "containment" and has been loath to sever its links with its old Afghan Taliban and jihadi proxies.

The dispute has flared as Pakistan is embroiled in two intensive operations against militants in areas neighbouring Dir.

In Bajaur the army has pounded militant positions with artillery, helicopter gunships and F-16 aircraft and claimed to have killed over 700 militants in the past month.

The army has met stiff resistance and militants have dug themselves into bunkers and tunnels. This week the army sent reinforcements preparing the ground for further fighting.

In Swat the army claimed to have killed 130 militants as it has bombed militant positions around the district's main city, Mingora.

In Swat Cobra helicopters dipped and clattered above the city, and fired high explosive rounds into militant positions in the surrounding hills.

The city is exposed. Police stations at its edges have faced numerous attacks and locals have fled from villages on the outskirts to escape militant harassment and the military's artillery.

The atmosphere in Swat and Dir is one of fear and confusion. Locals believe Pakistan's intelligence agencies spent several years building up a stooge, Mullah Fazlullah, who was a former ski-lift operator with no previous local backing. He now commands the TNSM.

Mingora's government buildings are pocked by suicide blasts and rocket attacks. The militants have targeted the security forces and have bombed 130 government-run schools. Similar to a campaign that wiped out 120 tribal leaders in Waziristan militants have begun to methodically assassinate Swat's politicians from the ANP.

Locals, who said they wished to have neither the military nor militants in the area, have began to stand up the to the Taliban.

Two suspected militants from Swat entered a nearby town in Upper Dir on Thursday but people from the area chased them away. They tried to take refuge in a forest where an exchange of gunfire took place, and later they blew themselves up by detonating explosives strapped to their body.

We can have a good working relationship with india, but when it comes 100 percent trust then that i believe is never possible.

India has never looked kindly towards pakistan even though the relationships are changing, but that is just being civil and getting on.

KHYBER AGENCY ( 2008-09-25 22:34:00 ) :The tribal ‘lashkar’ here on Thursday burnt down scores of militants’ hideouts and centres at Malaogri area in Tehsil Jamrud Khyber Agency and expelled miscreants from Malagori area.

Local residents and an official of political administration said two militants have been arrested while one sustained critical injuries during exchange of firing took place between tribal lashkar and pro-Taliban fighters at Malagori. Four vehicles of the militants were also put on fire by tribal.

The decision to torch hideouts of militants were taken in grand Jirga presided over by councillors Haji Abdul Manon, Haji Aziz and Malik Fazal which met here at Marbal Chowk Malaogri. Large number of armed tribesmen attended the Jirga meeting and later took part in the laskar campaign.

The lashkar has been constituted after expiry of two days deadline given to miscreants to vacate their centres and leave Malagori and adjoining areas failing which their houses and hideouts would be brunt to ashes.

The members of the Jirga told reporters that nobody will be allowed to give shelter to unwanted elements in tehsil Jamruad and if someone found guilty, his house would be burnt down. The violators will also have to pay Rs.1 million as fine.

Tribal lashkar flushes Taliban from Malagori

* One killed, another abducted in suspected Taliban attack on mosque
* Girls’ school in Jamrud receives threatening letters

Staff Report

LANDI KOTAL/BARA: A tribal lashkar forced Taliban out of Malagori area near Jamrud in Khyber Agency, officials said.

Tension had increased between the Taliban and the residents at Malagori during recent days, the officials said. The residents had formed a 3,000-strong armed group to drive the Taliban out, the officials said.

On Thursday, Taliban vacated the area to avoid clashes with the lashkar. Subsequently, the lashkar torched Taliban bases and centres in Tortopay and Zag Gujjar Dand areas. A source also confirmed that on one occasion there was an exchange of fire between Taliban and the Malagori lashkar. A Taliban was injured, while two others were detained and four vehicles were taken into custody.

The lashkar said any person giving shelter to Taliban would be fined Rs one million.

A spokesman for the lashkar told reporters that around 150 Taliban had fled the area.

Abduction: Meanwhile, suspected Taliban killed one person and abducted another from a mosque in Khyber Agency on Thursday.

The armed men attacked Jamia Azizia mosque in the Sheikhwal area. The mosque is built on land owned by MNA Noorul Haq Qadri and Senator Abdul Malik Qadri. Roz Khan, who had dedicated the land for the mosque, was killed and a cleric was abducted in the attack. Witnesses said the Taliban sprayed the sides of the mosque with bullets. They kept firing for a long time but the administration did not take immediate action by blocking roads and erecting checkpoints to intercept the criminals, a resident said.

Threats: Separately, the Government Girls School and College in Jamrud received threatening letters from the Taliban on Thursday. The letters warned girl students not to attend school and asked the parents not to send their daughters to college, threatening them of dire consequences otherwise.

School sources said that the letters were found when the school opened on Thursday.

Pakistan’s Tribal Areas have been wrecked by violence since Taliban and Al Qaeda sneaked into the country in 2001.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

By Masroor Gilani
Fri Sep 26, 2008

TANG KHATA, Pakistan (AFP) - Pakistan said Friday that troops have killed 1,000 Islamist militants in a huge offensive, a day after President Asif Ali Zardari lashed out at US forces over a clash on the Afghan border.

Five top Al-Qaeda and Taliban commanders were among those killed in a month-long operation in Bajaur, currently the most troubled of Pakistan's unstable tribal areas along the porous frontier, a top official said.

But in a further sign of the instability gripping Pakistan since the bombing of the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad last weekend, three suicide bombers blew themselves up in a shootout with police in Karachi.

Separately, six people, including three children, were killed when a bomb derailed a passenger train near the central city of Bahawalpur, a railways official said.

Reporters were flown by helicopter to Khar, the main town in restive Bajaur, for a briefing on the military operation launched in August against Islamist militants who had taken control of most of the region.

"The overall toll is over 1,000 militants," said Tariq Khan, inspector general of the paramilitary Frontier Corps, adding that 27 soldiers had also been killed in the fighting.

"This is a centre of gravity for the militants," Khan told journalists. "If they lose here they lose everything."

Of the five militant commanders killed, four appeared to be foreigners: Egyptian Abu Saeed Al-Masri; Abu Suleiman, an Arab; an Uzbek commander named Mullah Mansoor; and an Afghan commander called Manaras.

The fifth was a Pakistani commander named only Abdullah, a son of ageing hardline leader Maulvi Faqir Mohammad who is based in Bajaur and has close ties to Al-Qaeda second-in-command Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Bajaur, which borders the Afghan province of Kunar, has seen some of the fiercest fighting between Pakistani forces and Islamist militants since former military ruler Pervez Musharraf joined the US-led "war on terror" in 2001.

The operation came in response to international pressure on Pakistan's new civilian government, which ousted Musharraf last month, to prevent Pakistan-based militants from launching attacks in Afghanistan.

But tensions have escalated with Washington since a September 3 ground attack by US forces inside Pakistan, the first of its kind since 2001, left about 15 people dead.

Following an exchange of gunfire between US and Pakistani forces on the frontier on Thursday, new President Zardari told the United Nations that Pakistan would not tolerate violations of its sovereignty, even by its allies.

The incident happened after two US military helicopters came under fire from the Pakistani side, a US military spokesman said, insisting that they had been about a mile and a half inside Afghanistan.

The Pakistani military said its troops had fired warning shots at two helicopters which were "well within Pakistani territory."

"Just as we will not let Pakistani's territory to be used by terrorists for attacks against our people and our neighbours, we cannot allow our territory and our sovereignty to be violated by our friends," he said, without citing the United States or the border flareup.

Chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff Admiral Michael Mullen later Friday sought to ease tensions with Pakistan, saying, "Now more than ever is a time for teamwork, for calm."

Meanwhile, in Karachi, Pakistan's biggest city, three militants detonated suicide vests when police raided their hideout on a tip-off from a captured rebel, police said.

"We have saved Karachi from death and destruction. We know who they were and what was their target in Karachi, but we cannot disclose it immediately," provincial police chief Babar Khattak told AFP.

The incident came less than a week after the suicide truck bomb attack on the Islamabad Marriott, one of the worst attacks in Pakistan's history, which left 53 dead and more than 260 wounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom