What's new

Famous Pakistani Food

whats difference in Khulchay and naan and tandoori ki roti? They all look same to me :(

In the making of Naan wheat flour is used while maida is used to make Kulcha in addition baking powder and baking soda is also added for its preparation.... Kulcha is just like a bun

................................................................................................................

Pakistan-Traditional-Peshawari-Naan-Peshawar-Pakistan-5059.jpg

_dsc0034-1.jpg

Now that's super-sized! This spread bread is famous for it's taste and size, a.k.a 'Qatlama'

de8486660575b543f08dac89db12123b.jpg

14028127573_1edbab6d72_o.jpg

paknews.tv-mypakistan-food-06.jpg

18508969706_f581c2f664_o.jpg

boy this thread is making me hungry.

I too don't like it much. In dals I like channa dal and kali dal (some call it maa ki dal :P)

yes Mahn ni dhaal is what we call it .
Beautiful with Buttered Roti & a piece of butter in the Dhaal :woot:

Maa Di Dal

maxresdefault.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm

maxresdefault.jpg

Sarson Ka saag & Makai Ki Roti

Kaak is a native dish of the province of Balochistan, Pakistan.. Kaak is rock-hard prepared bread. It is also known as Pathhar ki roti (English: Stone bread). It is made by flattening the dough for the bread and rolling it over a preheated stone. The stone is then baked in a tandoor. Kaak is very hard once it has been baked.

Untitled.jpg

Sajji is a native dish of the desert province of Balochistan and it is most popular in Balochi cuisine. It consists of whole lamb, in skewers (fat and meat intact), marinated only in salt, sometimes covered with green papaya paste, stuffed with rice, then roasted over coals. Sajji is favourite of Balochistan natives, where most are nomads. It is served with a special bread "Kaak", "roti" or "naan". Prominent Baloch dishes such as the lamb-skewd Sajji have gained massive popularity among different parts of Pakistan, including the food hubs of Karachi and Lahore. Regional varieties are found with subtle differences in flavouring using chicken instead of lamb.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Dampukht is also a Balochs cuisine which is prepared by meat and it is cooked in fats.

lamb-roast-garlic-rosemary.jpg

Khaddi Kabbab is is a lamb barbecue. It is a cuisine in which Balochistanis cook a whole lamb or goat on fire. Usually there is raw rice in the stomach of the lamb and the rice is cooked by the fats of the lamb. The lamb is cooked on fire.
Untitled6.jpg

Khadi kabab video link

LAHNDI (SALTED DRIED MEAT)
Lahndi, also known as dried meat, is a winter food popular in Balochistan. Consumption of lahndi is common during the winter months. Sheep are specially fattened so that their flesh may be more suitable for preparing lahndi.Quetta is famous for Lahndi as its weather is suitable for making it.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
................................................................................................................

Pakistan-Traditional-Peshawari-Naan-Peshawar-Pakistan-5059.jpg

_dsc0034-1.jpg

my dad use to tell me abt the bread in Pakistan he was there beffore the 1971 war he said you go to Pakistan it is the best bread cheap and so big and you need onion a stick kabab that is all you dont need to eat whole day so good food

Most famous street food, Bun Kebab (Kebab, egg, onion, tomato, chutney)
image.jpg

image.jpg

Dum Keema eaten with hot naan
image.jpg

Haleem (Chicken and lentils)
image.jpg

You can never have too many seekh kebab and Pakola :D
image.jpg

image.jpg

Dahi barhay with tamarind chutney
image.jpg

Breakfast item.