What's new

Falling off our map: By neglecting the economic paradigm Pakistan has become irrelevant to India

His whole thesis is based on selling modi pak policy. he like many other indian believes that the said policy is a success which infact a policy of u turns.
No doubt there is a delibrate effort to reduce indians' pakistan obsession. This a slow process abd wiill take some time to achieve its target. Goodluck.

Bottom line is that pakistan is not a country that can be ignored for long time. Those who ignore pay heavily.

So if it has who is bothered? Pakistan. Pakistan is not asking for being relevant to India, Pakistan did not go for independance so that we could be relevant to India. This entire article and it's premise is silly.

As regard's China or India what I can't understand is why people must compare a grape with two water melons. India is seven times larger then Pak population and is eual to China. So how can Pak be comparable with India or China. Pakistan is slightly smaller then one India state, Utter Pradesh.

Trust me if it was seven times bigger India or China would be very much bothered. When ever you size up Pakistan never forget Utter Pradesh or the 7 to 1 ratio. SEven Indians is equal to one Pakistani. it's that simple. However one Indian is almost equal to one Chinese.

So if it has who is bothered? Pakistan. Pakistan is not asking for being relevant to India, Pakistan did not go for independance so that we could be relevant to India. This entire article and it's premise is silly.

As regard's China or India what I can't understand is why people must compare a grape with two water melons. India is seven times larger then Pak population and is eual to China. So how can Pak be comparable with India or China. Pakistan is slightly smaller then one India state, Utter Pradesh.

Trust me if it was seven times bigger India or China would be very much bothered. When ever you size up Pakistan never forget Utter Pradesh or the 7 to 1 ratio. SEven Indians is equal to one Pakistani. it's that simple. However one Indian is almost equal to one Chinese.

I think you are discussing something that is irrelevant.

The point of the thread is 'money rules', and by making itself irreverent in economic terms, Pakistan has squandered any chance to settle disputes between India and Pakistan.

Since 1947, Pakistan tried to bully India and adopt a stick approach towards India on Kashmir. It back fired. Now India has no incentives to settle any disputes between India and Pakistan let alone Kashmir. Who know if trade and economic relations between India and Pakistan would have been great, there would have been an incentive on India's part to settle all disputes

Notwithstanding any compromising formulations from any political party throughout independent history in India, the territorial integrity of India (or what was left of India) was never up for compromise. Period. And with good reasons too.

People tend to think that India holds on to Kashmir with its dear life ONLY for the strategic gains or water or the territory! But Kashmir is much more fundamental to India's own SURVIVAL than any of the strategic gains that it provides (and it provides plenty!).

If you compromise on Kashmir, you are only perpetuating the religion-based secessionist movements. Where will it end? In short, India would have held onto Kashmir even if it was some nuclear wasteland - just to put an end to any more religion-based partitions.

WTF are you talking about? What misdeeds?

You really ought to be naive if you believe that compromising on Kashmir will end hostilities between India and Pakistan! The day we compromise on Kashmir with Pakistan despite all their indiscretion, it will only embolden them and the other Jihadists! They will know exactly what they can get away with and be rewarded in the process too.

Very true.

SEven Indians is equal to one Pakistani. it's that simple.

In which universe do seven guys equal one - Gulliver's Travels?

Israel has a population of 20 million and holds off 7 hostile Muslim nations surrounding it.

With 9 is to 1 odds against them, how do you reckon your chances against them, as the eighth?

@Oscar

Highly disappointing analysis. Someone who has not thought more than what a high school student can.

Though I am now coming to the opinion that even the best of Pakistanis (those in your military think tanks or bureaucrats) have the intelligence of high school students in other countries. The range of analysis done in Pakistan is almost always shallow and always more like street bragging.

Pakistan is asking to be relevant to India. Because Pakistan covets Indian territory and but is militarily weak, therefore the only logical way for Pakistan to get the said territory is via negotiations and compromise with India.

However for that to work, Pakistan needs to make India see the benefits that India will get by compromising with Pakistan.

Pakistan has spectacularly failed in that. Ergo, India will not compromise with Pakistan. That is what the article is talking about. Had Pakistan become a lighthouse of prosperity and culture in South Asia, it would have been a country that would have made itself highly relevant to India.

The point most members here are missing is the foreign policy of Modi government is centered around trade and energy relations.

By making reciprocal arrangement on trade stagnant, Pakistan has made the Modi government look towards other states where far more can be achieved with far less efforts.

Pakistan needs to move the MFN forward and even agree on improving regional connectivity.

It is not even doing bare minimum like improving facilities at wagah check post.

While I would not go to the extent of the author of the original post, I would say that the relevance of Pakistan for India has reduced and with a post-independence generation PM, the emotional connection has reduced as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom