What's new

Fairy Meadows Road

Isn't there a proper road now?

Nope.

if it would have been in some western country then there would have been a proper metaled road. in pakistan nothing is on the right path.

Well to be fair, no western country has terrain like this there. It would be a nightmare building and then maintaining a metalled road up there. Besides, the dirt tracks are more touristy.

i also think the same way when i visit such places but the people living there are pakistanis and they also have the rights of better means of transportation and communication. laws can be implemented regarding the design, color of hotels at such places and cutting of trees. but laws are never followed in pakistan that;s why i said that nothing is on the right track in pakistan. just few months back i visited kalam . i really enjoyed journey till bahrain but ahead of bahrain was a nightmare.

Actually the locals prefer these dirt tracks over metalled roads since it gives them another source of income, i.e. Jeeps and porting. In places such as Naran the locals have protested against metalled roads being built.

It looks like hilly area which supposed to be cool where exactly this located and why too hot, is that area hot in winters also?

Fairy Meadows itself has great weather during the summers but you'd be surprised to know how hot mountainous areas can get.

If you go during June or July, as soon as you pass Dassu or come down the Babusar Pass (depending on which route you take) you'll experience heat that you won't believe. You'll still be in the middle of tall mountains with snow visible on some of the peaks but the valley floor will be hot enough to melt your skin off. Last time I was there my phone read "too hot for your phone to operate" and wouldn't turn on.

Anyway, you begin your journey from the above stated conditions at the Raikot Bridge. From there the jeep takes you up a steep climb over and across the mountains behind the Shangrila hotel (not the famous one at Lower Kachura). This is around an hour and a half's worth of jeep ride and the temps remain insanely hot for the whole duration. Then you get off at jeep point and begin your trek since floods destroyed the patch connecting the dirt track from there to Fairy Meadows a few years ago. As you climb the temps get better but are still unbearable for a good hour or two of the trek. It's only after that that you're high enough for the temps to be below the danger of getting a heat stroke.

Fairy meadows, GB.

14462945_1122658157814746_2887242491443150221_n.jpg

14494870_1122658191148076_2044744802059024447_n.jpg

if it would have been in some western country then there would have been a proper metaled road. in pakistan nothing is on the right path.

i would say dont make roads specially do these huge mountains like Nanga Parbat , K2 etc , its part of their beauty and like another poster said proper roads will make sure that huge amounts of tourists flood these areas and destroy the whole beauty , just look at Murree behind the main roads its just a dumping ground :( . but at sametime i agree with you , what you said in the other post

It looks like hilly area which supposed to be cool where exactly this located and why too hot, is that area hot in winters also?

Actually the mountainous areas have heat that is unbearable , you would often see their residents or tourists there with sun burns . it has something to do with height and snow .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom