What's new

Failed state? Try Pakistans M2 motorway

why does everything turn into an indo-pak argument it's positive article about pak so why can't we just focus on the good things he said.

I am not questioning the article mind it. I am questioning the Indian members view who had to come into the thread and ruin it with their negative views as they always do.

See the 2nd post of the Indian member right after the article was posted, then the 7th one and then off course yours at 9th.

It would be best that you guys first look into the state of your own country and then come on threads and have a proper discussion instead of coming and ruining even good threads and changing them into an India Vs Pakistan thing.

I being a mod have to go to lot of threads and same case every where, wherever one good article about Pakistan is, one of the Indian members has to come and ruin it with such posts as just referred to.

So this is not uncalled for. This is an observation not by just me but observed even by the seniors above me.

No one is denying that M2 road is great nor is anyone saying Indian roads are better than pakistan and comparing them here.
Only thing we are saying here is that - ONE ROAD DOES NOT MAKE A COUNTRY A SUCCESS OR A FAILURE

I am saying there are n number of factors which will make a country a suceess or a failure.

You guys are being rather touchy.

Dont you think you are being skewed in your opinion that Indians are the only people ruining threads, I can give a number of members from other countries ruining good indian threads because they can digest anything good about India eg:schinese - This guy ruins every single thread with nonsense and unrelated stuff about how Indians are poor and shitty, but no action is being taken on him - He is more than eligible for a ban as a troll.

Only thing we want is we be treated with even hand :cheers:

No one is denying that M2 road is great nor is anyone saying Indian roads are better than pakistan and comparing them here.
Only thing we are saying here is that - ONE ROAD DOES NOT MAKE A COUNTRY A SUCCESS OR A FAILURE

I am saying there are n number of factors which will make a country a suceess or a failure.

Dont you think you are being skewed in your opinion that Indians are the only people ruining threads, I can give a number of members from other countries ruining good indian threads because they can digest anything good about India eg:schinese - This guy ruins every single thread with nonsense and unrelated stuff about how Indians are poor and shitty, but no action is being taken on him - He is more than eligible for a ban as a troll.

Gawd, you're too slow to be on this forum. You level of debate is far under par or are insistently fighting for your right to derail threads.

Any child can understand the theme behind this thread, try to understand the spirit of the message the foreign reporter tried to pass on. The reporter is not idiotically insisting that the M2 itself is the be all and end all of human civilization.

So quit your antics and move on from this thread. Treat this as a strong warning.

Dude the same article also mentions Indian roads are bad and hence I mentioned about current condition of our road. Nothing against. You did not answer the question of equality why shchinese is never warned. Have level field , apply same rule. Does not understand why you need to warn someone asking for fair treatment.

Better read this and stop being a troll and complaining other so-called

troll !!

Troll Fatwas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please stop passing out edicts about who you feel is a troll or should be banned or any personal comments about any member. That is a determination that should be left up to our very capable moderation team. If you find something offensive, make it a point to report that post.

Try to emulate some of our senior members like the Think Tank around here and see for yourself what they do differently that has earned them the respect they command. There is nothing cool about becoming internet warriors.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/forum-information/41367-troll-fatwas.html

This is uncalled for and this news was from the Dawn. If you have to question some on wheather pakistan is failed state than ask the author who by the way is a pakistani.

There is no need for chest thumping and saying India is potraying us in bad light, its your own media saying that.

No the article is not from Dawn. It was from Reuters by Alistair Scrutton which was published by the Dawn.

Pakistani media, especially Dawn is much bolder than most Indian mainstream media where "sub acchaa hai" reporting is the norm besides the usual chest thumping.

How was the road financed? Do tolls suffice to pay off bonds and maintenance?

How was the road financed? Do tolls suffice to pay off bonds and maintenance?

It was financed on Built Own Operate Transfer basis. In case of M2 Main contractor was Daewoo Corp. In 2005 the agreement with Daewoo ended now it 100% paid off. In case of M1 it was Turkish company STFA which was unable to complete the contract therefore has to leave and the reminder was done by Pakistan FWO. M3 was made by a group of Pakistan private firms.

The road is tolled and have been able to pay off all the money

So... am I the only one, or are there others too who can't see a road at the end of that bridge?:undecided:

Sorry to sound a little off topic, but couldn't help noticing it.

No In fact it is actually a curve. The bridge is in the salt range area. The land was not fit for making such a huge bridge which sunk while it was being constructed therefore a concrete base was made to secure the bridge.

So... am I the only one, or are there others too who can't see a road at the end of that bridge?:undecided:

it is turning right at the end of that bridge.......... open your eyes

No In fact it is actually a curve. The bridge is in the salt range area. The land was not fit for making such a huge bridge which sunk while it was being constructed therefore a concrete base was made to secure the bridge.

Thanks man. As I mentioned earlier, it was just curiosity on my part, and I am glad you did not find a chance in there to ridicule me based on my comment.

The road is indeed world class, and the scenic beauty around this road would make the driving a memorable time.

Nice one :tup:

Here is the coordinates to the location on google earth. check it up if you still interested in clarifying the location

32°40'46.57"N 72°45'19.67"E

it is turning right at the end of that bridge.......... open your eyes

I am sorry man, but unlike you, I don't have no x-ray eyes to look beyond that concrete bridge. Thanks anyway and...

Keep it up:tup:

Here is the coordinates to the location on google earth. check it up if you still interested in clarifying the location

32°40'46.57"N 72°45'19.67"E

Thanks Taimi, Musalman's answer was more than sufficient. It was nothing more than mere curiosity, and because it looked strange to me I asked about it. But I very much appreciate your efforts.

Thanks again!

P.S. I trust your words enough not to require the coordinates.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom