What's new

Failed state? Try Pakistans M2 motorway

Good point and I mentioned that before. Media only covers the negatives as far as Pakistan is concerned. The rankings of failed states are based on this and thus those rankings are not impartial. Read my post on the whole thing on the last page.

Last edited:
Every country has its up's and downs doesn't make it a failed state a fav word now used by the west and for other haters .... Pakistan is a great nation eather like or not , great people , land and might we are paying the price for others wrong doing and now being called a failed state such nonsense is bull we shall overcome this mess as we always have with the grace of GOD.

268dd3bd5b8ea6013a7d2263a77fca76.jpg

The road is almost begging to be driven on quickly. The incline and decline, the sudden turns, the blind turns. We should hold a rally on the M2, seriously. So many famous rallies and races have in turn made the cities they are held in famous, including Le Mans, Indi 500, Dakar etc. This could be one way of kick-starting the tourism industry once the current economic and security crises end.

Or, we could send one of these pictures to Top Gear, and tell them to feature it in the "Greatest Roads of Asia" segment. I bet it'll end up somewhere in the top 3.

It takes a small turn of events for the West to start considering a country a failed state. Pakistan is nowhere near it and we are used to these doom and gloom stories ever since Pakistan went to pursue the nuclear capability.

Since most of the Indians cannot see through the point being made here, let me attempt to explain. The issue is not about the M-2, or a highway or a 6 lane road. Its about what else is there in Pakistan beyond what you see in the news.

Who knows about the polo tournaments being played at the race course ground attended by a whole bunch of citizens? Who knows about the insane turnout at the Eid prayers all over Islamabad, Pindi and Lahore despite the threats of suicide bombings? Who knows about the throngs of people who turned up at GC University's Art Exhibition in Lahore? Anyone heard of Gul-e-daudi floral show in Multan? Or the cultural show at the Indonesian embasssy in Isb? or that there was a meeting of Pakistan-UK Trade Investment forum in Karachi.

Nobody outside of Pakistan has a clue that life goes on and is fairly ok for most people. People are functioning, jobs are being worked, services are being offered and people and businesses are buying. There is nothing dysfunctional at this level. However at the same time there is a realization that militancy is a problem. Yet it does not cause Pakistan as a country or the government to fail.

So for those who really think that Pakistan is a failed state should get their heads out of their arses and see that fighting and bombings in a country of over 170 million people does not fail the state. Pakistan has been through worse and will certainly see this issue through as well as a united and progressive country regardless of what the naysayers/haters have to say.

Very well said Sir, life in Pakistan is quite different from what Indian and Western media outlets potray. Right now i am back home in Lahore and i must say things are running quite smoothly, food outlets at MM Alam and throughout Lahore are always filled with customers. Market places on Mall and Liberty are packed with people doing their regular shopping, local bands are playing concerts for schools and universities(just went to one yesterday at Fast).

Although i can see a bit of fear among people but that has not stopped them from living their normal lives. Although i must say that business certinely has suffered, but i dont see that stopping people from buying brand new cars or fancy clothes. This is a testiment to the resillience of our people, they are fearless :pakistan:

Last edited:
I have Driven on M2 and other Motorways and also have had a loooong ride on almost every major Freeway in 4 states here in Australia , i think M2 beats all of those constructed here....

great piece of engineering!

I dont think thats the M2, its the road to gawadar, and it is a master piece, one side you have the magestic mountains and on other the vast ocean.

This is Makran Coastal Highway.

more images of makran coastal highway:
ad317eb177f785f6961208b1225d322a.jpg

7316f2cd34f2aca6fa249d73872b89cf.jpg

2fbae5d565ee6a1c752f532d8c71b41c.jpg

Typical Indians, can't digest one good thing about Pakistan. Will do their best to find the bad in a picture which is beautiful in itself.

This is uncalled for and this news was from the Dawn. If you have to question some on wheather pakistan is failed state than ask the author who by the way is a pakistani.

There is no need for chest thumping and saying India is potraying us in bad light, its your own media saying that.

i have driven on M2 for about 30-40 kilometers and it was a great feeling there

You guyz talking about M2 and i am keeping an eye on all 10-11 Motorways completed, under construction and planned + 3 other expressways

Just look at the map of Motorways in Pakistan

Check out the complete list of motorways

Motorways of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that means after all projects are completed almost all the major cities from 4 provinces of Pakistan will be connected to each other. that means take M7 from Karachi to Rotordaro >>> M6 to DG Khan >>> M5 to Multan >>> M4 then M3 and then M2 and you are reached in Lahore

I am hoping at least 50% of the distance should be reduced

lets see whats happens :partay:

Last edited:
This is uncalled for and this news was from the Dawn. If you have to question some on wheather pakistan is failed state than ask the author who by the way is a pakistani.

There is no need for chest thumping and saying India is potraying us in bad light, its your own media saying that.

I am not questioning the article mind it. I am questioning the Indian members view who had to come into the thread and ruin it with their negative views as they always do.

See the 2nd post of the Indian member right after the article was posted, then the 7th one and then off course yours at 9th.

It would be best that you guys first look into the state of your own country and then come on threads and have a proper discussion instead of coming and ruining even good threads and changing them into an India Vs Pakistan thing.

I being a mod have to go to lot of threads and same case every where, wherever one good article about Pakistan is, one of the Indian members has to come and ruin it with such posts as just referred to.

So this is not uncalled for. This is an observation not by just me but observed even by the seniors above me.

This news item is not on Dawn only i saw it on the following link

WITNESS: Failed state? Try Pakistan's M2 motorway - Yahoo! Canada News

Comparison is done by the foreigner not by a Pakistani. So its the Indian comments which are uncalled for and TK is right in saying u can not digest one good thing about Pakistan.

By the way, I find it amusing that you guys need to publicly reaffirm that Pakistan is NOT a failed state.
It is more amusing to see an Indian more obssessed with publically trying to hide his anger over the good remarks about Pakistan by a non-Pakistani writer :)

Some habits really die hard, isn't it?

By reading your post now i believe indeed some habits really die hard ;)

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom