What's new

Fact check: Billionaire Shahid Khan is not donating to Pakistan dam fund

Death Professor

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Can every individual try his best to provide news on this site backed by real media?
Half the news I get is from this site so please people. I guess I will do my share...

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/3...hid-khan-is-not-donating-to-pakistan-dam-fund

An imposter pretending to be Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg also made a pledge to contribute $5 million for the dam fund.

“Pakistan's new government is serious in making dams and I'm sure Imran Khan will make dams in his government. As humanity, #Facebook will also participate in the Dam Fund #Facebook will give 5 million$ in the #PMDamFund,” the imposter tweeted.

Hope people stop posting fake news.

Yeah, no shit.

Everyone who fell for that lie doesn't know how money works. These billionaires can't just give away a billion dollars, there are rules, regulations and taxes one must pay, which makes the whole situation endeavor not worth doing.

and that's assuming that people like Shahid Khan even care in the first place.

Besides, most billionaires don't actually have that much liquid cash on hand anyway.

so much #FakeNews appearing in Pakistani press in the last month or so is astonishing.

Yeah, no shit.

Everyone who fell for that lie doesn't know how money works. These billionaires can't just give away a billion dollars, there are rules, regulations and taxes one must pay, which makes the whole situation endeavor not worth doing.

and that's assuming that people like Shahid Khan even care in the first place.

Besides, most billionaires don't actually have that much liquid cash on hand anyway.
BTW how much r u donating?:coffee:

BTW how much r u donating?:coffee:

Don't know about him, but none for me. Neither should you. It's money down the drain and this isn't how countries and their finances work. Populist rhetoric meant to calm the masses and distract them from knowing that the babus are all lazy and incompetent. There are no quick fixes. Dams are needed and will be built. But not thru this circus.

Why do you care? How much I donate has nothing to do with my point.

Don't try and character assassinate with logical fallacies.

You can answer his question. It is not a difficult question.

Let me ask you another question. Do you support the dam intiative?

Last edited:
You can answer his question love. It is not a difficult question.

Let me ask you another question. Do you support the dam intiative?
Why should I answer his question? What does it matter if I support the dam initiative or not?

Address my points, instead of engaging in intellectual dishonesty, and dishonest discourse.

Don't know about him, but none for me. Neither should you. It's money down the drain and this isn't how countries and their finances work. Populist rhetoric meant to calm the masses and distract them from knowing that the babus are all lazy and incompetent. There are no quick fixes. Dams are needed and will be built. But not thru this circus.

Who is going to give money to Pakistan to build the dams? The WB and others don't provide money. The previous governments couldn't even care about dams.

Don't criticize for the sake of criticism. Appreciate CJ for bringing this to the attention of the masses. We are all asleep. If it wasn't up to CJ you and I wouldn't even be talking about dams.

Why should I answer his question? What does it matter if I support the dam initiative or not?

Address my points, instead of engaging in intellectual dishonesty, and dishonest discourse.

You need to answer the question because we have had enough of naysayers. All the critics do is just criticize. They have zero solutions. All they do is criticize spread lies. For once appreciate a good intiatiave. If you can't appreciate remain silent.

Last edited:
You need to answer the question because we have had enough of naysayers. All the critics just criricize. They have zero solutions.
I have given zero criticism or praise of the initiative, so how about your read my comments before replying, because it's clear that you obviously didn't.

My comment had to do with fake news and common fucking sense. A billionaire cannot simply give a billion dollars to a foreign government, that's not how money works.

I don't need to answer his or your questions at all.

I have given zero criticism or praise of the initiative, so how about your read my comments before replying, because it's clear that you obviously didn't.

My comment had to do with fake news and common fucking sense.

I don't need to answer his or your questions at all.

I have read your comments and they certainly reek with sarcasm. Also the inability to answer a simple question further reeks with arrogance and raises doubts.

Don't answer the question, but don't cry when others doubt your sincerity. If you have the freedom to post your comments so do others have the freedom to respond.

I have read your comments and they certainly reek with sarcasm. Also the inability to answer a simple question further reeks with arrogance and raises doubts.

Don't answer the question, but don't cry when others doubt your sincerity. If you have the freedom to post your comments so do others have the freedom to respond.[/QUOTE]
You want an answer? I support the initiative, there.

The dishonesty that you're showing is disgusting.

Don't answer the question, but don't cry when others doubt your sincerity. If you have the freedom to post your comments so do others have the freedom to respond.
You want an answer? I support the initiative, there.

The dishonesty that you're showing is disgusting.

This whole discussion could have been avoided had you answered the simple question in the first place.

Don't get angry. We are a nation that has people who oppose building the dam, but have no issues with our children dying due to lack of clean water. In such a climate even a sarcastic comment can be taken as offensive.

I have no problem apologizing for my misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom