What's new

Fact check: Billionaire Shahid Khan is not donating to Pakistan dam fund

You want an answer? I support the initiative, there.

The dishonesty that you're showing is disgusting.

This whole disxussdis could have been avoided had you answered the simple question.[/QUOTE]
This entire discussion could have been avoided, if you had addressed my points, instead of trying to character assassinate me.

My support for it has nothing to do with my point.

Don't get angry. We are a nation that has people who oppose building the dam, but have no issues with our children dying due to lack of clean water.

Again, what in the hell does that have to do with my point that a billionaire cannot give a billion dollars all willy nilly, due to economic and financial regulations?

Do you just not like people pointing out facts that make you feel bad?

This whole disxussdis could have been avoided had you answered the simple question.
This entire discussion could have been avoided, if you had addressed my points, instead of trying to character assassinate me.

My support for it has nothing to do with my point.

Again, what in the hell does that have to do with my point that a billionaire cannot give a billion dollars all willy nilly, due to economic and financial regulations?

Do you just not like people pointing out facts that make you feel bad?

Okay. Just take a deep breath now and calm down.

I have already apologized for the misunderstanding.

How about taking your own advice, and not getting offended, because you thought I was against something you support?

LOL I give up man. What else do you want me to do? Hands up...

silhouette-hands-up-2.jpg

He donated his part. Let him be.

Dafuqs wrong with peepalz

Tallest fountain , Saudi Aid, Meera is a virgin.. and this. Just another long line of patang lapaitna that is the past time of this nation.

Who is going to give money to Pakistan to build the dams? The WB and others don't provide money. The previous governments couldn't even care about dams.

Don't criticize for the sake of criticism. Appreciate CJ for bringing this to the attention of the masses. We are all asleep. If it wasn't up to CJ you and I wouldn't even be talking about dams.

Who's going to give money? Where is it going to come from? Not the fake 350 billion dollars stashed abroad and certainly not from the donations or CJ's hair-brained ideas. He should stick to his lane and prosecute criminals like Nawaz and his daughter instead of interfering or trying to take the initiative on matters he has no clue about.

The money is going to come from government of Pakistan, international financial institutions that deal in interest and its people doing the needy job of ensuring that they pay/collect their taxes. Tough decisions on the trade front which will help the national exchequer. Pay your taxes. Help the overall fiscal situation. Do the background homework on financial institutional bonds (not retail/bheek) and you'll find that the WB/ADB etc will be happy to fund it. You're never going to get the donations to be able to build a dam worth billions - you won't even collect 1 billion. What you can do is help the national kitty which will give the govt and foreign financiers the confidence to be able to finance a large infrastructure project in the future.

In the meantime focus on a water/energy policy which preserves the water which Pakistan currently has and looks to put an end to the wastage that the people and industry are doing at a criminal rate. Focus on extremely small dams and enact policies that are environmentally friendly. A simple 2% increase in tax collection can give you a dam like Kalabagh at a much faster rate than the Diamer-Bhasha (which will never happen as Pak will NEVER collect/have the money for such an endeavor.

Focus on the doable instead of pie in the sky fantasies and delusions.

Back
Top Bottom