What's new

Facing China threat, Vietnam seeks American balance

LOL, that's very funny comment i saw today.
So pls U.S lend more money and export ur freedom to Vietnam, let's see how the Vietnamese will change and how U.S could get from this communist Vietnam government.
News for you, buddy: Viet Nam is no more 'communist' than your China.

I remind u before compare China to imperial Japan, maybe u forget how many foreign wars U.S had joint in for last thirty years. A war lord call other as the murder, IRONIC!
And how many of those wars have the same intent as Imperial Japan's? No 'irony' here, sonny. Just bad thinking on your part. Despite your label of US being a 'warlord', people prefers US over your China.

Why not Xinjiang, Qinghai, Gansu, etc.? You cannot pick-and-choose statistics that fit your narrative. Remember those provinces are a lot bigger than Vietnam.
Btw, looking down to Vietnam? How's about you look up to America's States?
How many Vietnamese and How many Chinese living in such plateau and desert desert provinces of West China like XinJiang, QiangHai, Gansu etc? Yes their lands big but few ppl living in poor west environment.

If Vietnam could as strong and poweful as the U.S, i will take off my hat for ur Vietnamese, but there'r too,too...far awary between truth and dream. What i think about Vietnam, just ur ppl talk more but lack strength and stupid to establish enemy.

I urge you not to make hasty reactions and looks at the facts. Vietnamese had been enduring sub-par products, toxic vegetables, counterfeit clothing from China for many years now. If you hold you country as a tiny little angel that can do no wrong, that's up to you. But be aware that there are many people all over the world who don't believe it.
HEHE... we'r living in 21 century. If u think above agricultural products and primary processing could make u feel pround, welcome back to high-tech earth.

Americans and Chinese will never get along with each other :rofl:

And how many of those wars have the same intent as Imperial Japan's? No 'irony' here, sonny. Just bad thinking on your part. Despite your label of US being a 'warlord', people prefers US over your China.
If ppl just prefer U.S, there's no any "9.11" terrorist crisis happened. ppl might love a peacful U.S, but the 'warlord' U.S just attract hates from everywhere.

Ur economy situations r strongly relations with ppl's prefer, it's main reason to attract ppl get rid of their poor motherland and find chance in U.S.

PRC is a lot stronger than Vietnam because of many reasons, the biggest one is its immense population, also:

- PRC has been at peace for many decades while Vietnam was fighting multiple wars

Correct to say Vietnam suffered from multiple wars.

- PRC used Vietnam to normalize relationship with America, and Western Europe (backstabbing the Soviet Union in the process) a good two-three decades before Vietnam did

How?

- PRC has forced many people into harsh working condition with minimal protection since it is an extreme Totalitarian regime. Have you ever heard of Foxconn?

What's your problem with that?

- PRC pushes too much on industrial development leaving the air, water, land on China heavily polluted

Isn't that good news to you?

- Chinese vendors hack, counterfeit, sell sub-par products to earn a buck, in other words, they are dishonest.

Who's honest? You?

Of course, we cannot dismiss Chinese hard-working, resolute, and intelligent business trade as they are the best in the world. However, one of the biggest set-back in Chinese mentality is the thoughts of hiding short-comings while over-exaggerate successes. The idea of "saving face" is so ingrained in the culture that sometimes outsiders have to point it out.

Yes, they are self complacent. Good observation!

1972 Nixon visit to China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1969, PRC were at a brief war with the Soviets

PRC were the one to urge Vietnam not to unify by because Mao was dealing with Nixon to normalize relationship with the US. In exchange, PRC opposes the Soviet Union, and Vietnam unification.

What's your problem with that?
That's not my problem. I just stated some reasons for PRC's current richness. These are unfortunate, but true

Isn't that good news to you?
No it is not because their water and air affect us too. Vietnam is right below China

Who's honest? You?
That has been happening for a long time. Ask anyone about the quality of their counterfeits

Busted! Millions of fake Durex condoms seized as police raid Chinese counterfeit ring | Mail Online

Chinese Counterfeit Meat Operation Shut Down: Sold Rat, Fox, Mink Meat As Lamb For Four Years

China's Fake Alcohol | National Review Online

etc...

Yes, they are self complacent. Good observation!
Thank you. I am not trying to put Chinese people down. They, just like the rest of humanity, have good and bad points. It's just that many Chinese have such high attitudes about their country why being so dismissive of others.

I believe we should embrace modesty while discussing our differences

In 1969, PRC were at a brief war with the Soviets

PRC were the one to urge Vietnam not to unify by because Mao was dealing with Nixon to normalize relationship with the US. In exchange, PRC opposes the Soviet Union, and Vietnam unification.

The source says the opposite:

"...1972, the Russians and Chinese were beginning to place a higher priority on their bilateral relations with us than on their dealings with their friends in Hanoi."

That's not my problem. I just stated some reasons for PRC's current richness. These are unfortunate, but true

Everything comes at a cost.

No it is not because their water and air affect us too. Vietnam is right below China

Being hostile to them may not solve the issue but aggravate it further. After all you can't change your location which is right below China.

Exactly why did you have to buy those products then?

Thank you. I am not trying to put Chinese people down. They, just like the rest of humanity, have good and bad points. It's just that many Chinese have such high attitudes about their country why being so dismissive of others.

I believe we should embrace modesty while discussing our differences

Welcome!

No country can prosper without fixing their ties with their immediate neighbours. Economies can only prosper if one doesn't have a sword hanging over one's head. Asian countries should learn a lesson from unions like GCC and EU.

Not. Entirely true. South Korea taiwan and Japan all have an aggressive China and nk to contend with.

Good move by Viet Nam. If unchecked, China will be an Imperial Japan repeat. An Imperial China will create a race based war in Asia, just like how Imperial Japan did that helped created WW II.
China is not imperial Japan, get a filter on those brain to mouth stuff. Not every Vietnamese love to suck uncle sam's dick just like you.

Sorry, I have to answer all the people the quoted my post. :)

Firstly I wasn't even thinking about the islands issue.

Read the bold part again, this proves that you are completely out of tune with me because I always focus on the China-Vietnam issue since it's related to the topic matter. If you want to discuss world history, I know a bit but unfortunately do not have time to follow you.

Secondly, I said big countries fail from conquering small nations is a "normal" story based on other samples doesn't mean that I am defending anyone.
So stop punching a scarecrow in front of us.
You should read my comment again, I laid out 2 ifs statement. The first if assume that you are an independent observer, therefore, you cannot understand the feelings involve in those historical victories.

The second if does assume that you are bias. If you are not defending anyone, I'm sorry that I view you as such

Thirdly, you are just considering anything that you don't want to believe, don't suit your own taste or don't want to hear as a "defending". Since you think you are the one who is the holy God.
Emotional statement from you, but I can understand that. However, you accuse me of boasting as "holy God," which I have to disagree.

Yeah sure of course and yet you still think that a country gave you a thousand year of "servitude" wasn't a "wealthy opponent" (yeah yeah that was long time ago).
Sorry, you may have misunderstood me since my concern was about the "control of your whole country for thousand year" part and "serious internal problems."

Let me make myself clear, I consider China a worthy opponent and a worthy friend to have if they stop bullying us :)

I suppose you know that that was simply a sample. Just like I was using Finland comparing with Vietnam. :coffee:
And your example is irrelevant when victory/defeat is concerned. I don't think we should try to split hair here anymore.

Oops sorry, I mistyped a "0" and misread the book. There was 150,000 of casualties out of 200,000 solders + workers/ suppliers, you were right.
No prob, glad to help

Sigh, you refuted nothing since you never try to read and remove your wrong concept.
I was talking replying with multiple people at the time. Since you can see that my post tick a lot of people off. I understood their feelings, so I stayed to talk with them. By the time I got to you, I have not had sleep the entire night. I saw that you were talking about the same thing anyways.

Let's see how your logic works:
Taksin is not Thai because there is a Chinese country in the world right now.
Catherine the Great is not Russian because there is a German country in the world right now.
If Pakistan called themselves "Mughal", "Mughal" can takes over the history of Mughal Empire.
If Kaliningrad became a country and named themselves "Prussia", "Prussia" would have the right to take over Prussia's hisory. Since there is a "Prussian country" in the world right now.
In the eyes of objective history you say, I don't think that you have such a thing.
And yes the originated lands you say. Mongolian's origin Hulunbeier is China's land. Seems like China doesn't need the whole Mongolia to have Genghis Khan.
I'm happy to obligate :)
Taksin is second generation Chinese-Thai heritage, did he brought an army to conquer Siam from China?

Catherine married to Russian Court, she is Russian

Pakistan can call themselves whatever, as long as they don't claim Mongolian. China can all itself Yuan, but it does not mean Yuan was not the conquerors of China.

What's with the reverse logic? If the people of Kaliningrad can rebel to recover their lost country, then yeah, history of Prussia should belong back to the new Prussia. So you are saying Mongolian were not a country before the Mongol empire invaded Han China created a huge Yuan country?

There is an objective history my friend. People used to say history is written by the winner, but it's not entirely true as it has to be based on irrefutable facts. For example:

-History acknowledged that Pilgrims took over and murder Native Americans for their lands. That's a fact in history even though early British Empire's book denied it.

-History acknowledged Genghis Khan a Mongolian hero, not some Chinese's minority ruler like many Chinese claims

My logic you say. No no no, that is yours logic, as I have said that you never the concept right and even try to mess up my meanings.
Does India have the Golden Family.
Is Mongolian part of the "Indian Ethnics Group".
Are these Mongolian part of the "Indian Ethnics Group" are the direct descendant of Genghis Khan.
"Golden Family," you mean "Golden Horde, which is a totally different branch of Mongol Empire?" or you mean direct descendants from Genghis Khan? So now you can claim the granddad Chinese hero because the grandson somehow became the Yuan Emperor by conquering China

There are Mongolians in Russia, and Kazakhstan who are descendants of Orda Khan, ruler of the Golden Horde country. Orda Khan is also the grandson of Genghis Khan. Can Russia claims Genghis Khan their hero?

Is India the originated land of Mongolian.
4 no's my friend, 4 no's.
William the Conqueror was the first Norman King of England, yet British people never consider him as a non-British and claim that Norman dynasty was a subjugation period. :coffee:
Indian is not where the Mongol come from, but so is China. Remember that ancient Han Chinese countries are a lot smaller than they are today. Furthermore, Mongols people are the collection of wandering tribes that live throughout Russia, Mongolia, and present-day China as well.

So William is somehow a British and a subjugator at the same time? I have to question your "never consider him as a non-British" statement, since you claim to know the thinking of many nations in the world, yet two statement in one sentence are contradictory

In conclusion, I oppose your claim that Genghis Khan is Chinese based on:

- Mongolian is still a country in the world so no one can take away that country's hero. You gave me a bunch of hypothetical question regarding various nations. I have answered all of them

- You claimed there are Mongolian living in China, and Yuan Emperor is direct descendant of Genghis (grandson), thus, you claim his granddad. For the sake of argument we assume grandson dictates the ethnicity of granddad, although that is ridiculous. I gave you the case of Russia where another direct descendant (grandson) control it, and Mongol people are living in Russia as well. How come I don't see Russia claim Genghis Khan?

- You claimed origination determine belongs. By asking me if Mongol people were from India, you were implying that Mongol people originated from China, thus Genghis is Chinese. I refuted by saying that ancient Han China was not that big to cover Mongol's land up north, as well as pointing out that the Mongols were wandering tribes who lived everywhere from East Russia, Mongolia, and present-day China. Again I don't see Russia claim Genghis Khan?

- You claimed Inner Mongolia are true Mongol while Outer Mongolia (present-day Mongolia) are not on the other thread. I cannot stress enough how ridiculous that sounds. It's like you claim Viet people Chinese and people who live in Vietnam right now are not true Viet??

- The fact is, if you ask anyone not indoctrinated by Chinese Textbooks who is Genghis Khan, they will answer Mongolian.

- Lets me ask you this, Japan Emperor Akihito never got that far at conquering China just like Genghis Khan, if his grandson were to succeed, would you then call Akihito Chinese?

All in all, your theory is nice and I appreciate the conversation. But sometimes I don't see the point of discussing anymore when something is so off the scale like this. Poor Mongolians, there are Chinese who claim Mongolians are not real Mongolians, their national Hero is actually Chinese, and their land actually belongs to China as well. :smitten:

Instead of earning a honest living lazy Viets prefer to copy the pinoy trick to get aid from uncle sam using the china threat, how low can one get?
Are the Germans lazy, because they are in the NATO led by the U.S.?

China is numerous times bigger than Vietnam. It is understandable that we need some sorts of counterbalance.

res11_attpic_brief.jpg
W020100712550327005394.jpg

I think this guy now comes to help Vietnam.

ht_chuck_hagel_tk_130107_wg.jpg

Chuck Hagel is pictured during his service in the Vietnam War, circa 1967-68

The source says the opposite:
"...1972, the Russians and Chinese were beginning to place a higher priority on their bilateral relations with us than on their dealings with their friends in Hanoi."
Lets me tell you bit about history under Vietnamese perspective: In 1972, Vietnamese leaders understood that China was strictly against the Vietnam unification, whereas the Soviet Union was neither supporting, nor opposing. Thus the Soviets let Vietnam do what we wanted.

btw, there is no opposition in my post,

PRC opposed the Soviet Union because they wanted to be the leader of Communist Movement and to talk with the US

PRC opposed Vietnam unification is also so that they can talk with the US.

These two reasons are not the same.

Everything comes at a cost.
True, and that is my point

Being hostile to them may not solve the issue but aggravate it further. After all you can't change your location which is right below China.
How can it solve the issue when PRC can't even solve it in China?

If they hate us, will they dump more toxic chemical into the river than they currently doing? Can they blow more polluted air downward?

If they like us, will they sent a clean-up crew here?

Exactly why did you have to buy those products then?
I don't, and Vietnamese avoid any thing from PRC, especially meats and vegetable like they are fleas. Unfortunately, Chinese vendors still find the way to trick us. For example, they change the tags of production, selling through retail chains in big quantities...etc.

Back
Top Bottom