What's new

Facing China threat, Vietnam seeks American balance

Nope. The only thing the Soviets did was take over Manchuria and promptly LOOT all industrial equipment, plumbing, wires and toilets. They also killed and raped many civilians just like the Japanese did.

Soviet invasion of Manchuria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I said it already. China did not dislodge Japan from occupued territory because it was fighting the Soviet Union in Xinjiang in the Ili Rebellion and infiltrating Tibet. It was liberating territory from the Soviets.

China was fighting two massive armies with industries a hundred times bigger than China, and it forced both of them to halt their advances, the Sovies could not advance beyond Ili and the Japanese were stuck at the liens it reached at Operation Ichigo. THEIR goals were to take over the entire China (Japan) or the entire Xinjiang (the Soviet Union), and THEY FAILED. JAPAN SAID its goal was to "liberate" the entire China from the KMT and it never accomplished it, even without America's atomic bomb and the Soviet Invasion, they were not going anywhere.

I quote for you read from Wiki what you recommended:

"The rapid defeat of Japan's Kwantung Army was a very significant factor in the Japanese surrender and the end of World War II, as Japan realized the Russians were willing and able to take the cost of invasion of its Home Islands, after their rapid conquest of Manchuria and southern Sakhalin."

There is most important thing I like to say to you, bro.

Back
Top Bottom