What's new

F35 for Indian Navy

i think you don't know what is aircraft and its perfomance. that's why you are tilting towards fancy toys.
and coming to your point, what is the real advantage our navy is going to gain with VTOL' are you going to use it in LPD'S. and USAF is the only force going to operate full of 5th gen fighters in the forseable future. 7th generation fighters are decades away and you can't even imagine about it. And about N-AMCA induction, i dont want comment on your stupid quote.
And you plan to fight two front war.

Am not an expert but for an example take the increase in airlift capability with the C 130 and C 17. Am not doubting FGFA but seriously N AMCA is a far fledged dream, watching how LCA is coming out. I don't think FGFA will be away from Chinese to have a look at except whatever we get from Israelis or French to put on it. China has SU 30 also but what makes our superior ? China might have it what makes FGFA even something better from Russia but china cannot have F35. Lets be true to ourselves we have to take on china on our own buy bribe or BUILD.

leave amca it takes time.fgfa is doing good. chinese have their own 5th gen project 2 indeed.they wont be interested in t-50 .maintaining many platforms would become a burden for them. with capabilities like 3d vectoring t-50 is assumed to be a better one by many analysts.we have multiple choices at our disposal so we select the best be it c130 or components of su-30.which is why we'll customize t-50 to a better standard..as i said countries who are intrested in f-35 are rethinking because of cost and time delays..we are thinking to place an order for 200-250 5th gen aircrafts it would be not possible with f-35 owing to cost and time delays.by the time we start induction of f-35 china would have completed half of its induction of j20...the truth as of today is u.s is not very interested to sell f35 s to india just as we lack interest to buy it..
US to expand military ties with India, no decision on F-35: State Dept - Indian Express
Sale of F-35 to India not on the table right now: US - Business Line

N-AMCA will be the key to the future..till then,if Catobar,then Rafale.If Stobar,then Mig-29K.F-35 is a damn nice bird.but its too costly..plus too much strings..guys,is there any 5th gen jets Russia is planning to build??

I think both AMCA and N-AMCA should be built around super MKI engine(modified)

The 15,000 kg thrust is not very much but it means we can get a single engine, not very maintenance intensive, 5th gen fighter

If the 15,000 kg thrust is not enough then AMCA should be built around 2,modified RD 33 MK engines

why such articles keep popping up ???
How hard is it to understand that US don't sell weapons without strings and India don't buy weapons with strings ????????

my first thread so take it easy mates.

Don't be shy, discussing and sharing our thoughts is what we here for right? But if you copy and paste add the links too.

My point is we will be getting PAK FA our fifth gen fighter for our airforce so why should we not induct a fifth gen fighter for our navy too. We can get a clear advantage if we go for F35 for our navy's IAC 1 and IAC2 with our own Naval LCA.

You are right about that we need 5th gen fighters for IN, especially when we sooner or later have to face their carriers, or even have to send our carriers to the east. But your choice and your mix doesn't fit. Once N-LCA on the otherside is neither a stealth fighter, nor a capable carrier fighter at all. It was designed for low to medium range engagements only with smaller loads, contrary to what is needed on a carrier.
Secondly, because it doesn't make sense to go for F35 on our smaller STOBAR carriers and the far less capable N-LCA on IAC 2, which might even have catapults. Only the F35B could be used from STOBAR carriers and that with much performance limitations (low bring back capability, because it has to land vertically, lower range and payload than the C version), it also don't have foldable wings, which requirers more space to park in on deck or in the hangar and what makes it less useful in a smaller carrier.
Also we have to keep in mind that the F35 represents the latest techs of the US and even if we might get a downgraded export version, they still will put high restriction on the fighter, to keep an eye on it's techs and how we use it. As an independent country, with very different foreign policies India can't efford to take such a limited option, especially if we talk about a fighter that is aimed to project our force! So unless the US we change their export restriction laws, the F35 is a bad choice for us, which leaves only a naval FGFA, or AMCA as options.

The FGFA would be a perfect carrier fighter, thanks to it's big internal fuel and weapon capacity, it offers long range and endurance. Also with it's excellent sensor arrays, it should even provide better detection capability than than the Ka 31s.
The Russians already plan it with folding wings:

4350928300_907310217d.jpg

Similar to their Su 33s, which gives it a very low span, the only problem is, since it will be a navalised version of an air force fighter design, it might only be useful for STOBAR carriers, but IN want CATOBAR carriers for a long time and the only solution for that would be, to develop an AMCA from the start as a carrier fighter, that later could be used for IAF as well. Sadly ADA and DRDO have their own interests in mind and not what the forces really needs, or what is strategically the best for our country, so the chances for a good naval carrier fight at this point are not that good and whatever it will be at the end, it will be aimed on the arrival of IAC 2. Anything earlier than that will be 4th to 4.5th gen, which fits to our current threat perception.

I think both AMCA and N-AMCA should be built around super MKI engine(modified)

The 15,000 kg thrust is not very much but it means we can get a single engine, not very maintenance intensive, 5th gen fighter

If the 15,000 kg thrust is not enough then AMCA should be built around 2,modified RD 33 MK engines

can't we power them with pair of Saturn 117s or its future replacements??or we are going for indigenous/JV GTAX Kaveri??don't know for sure..

i want to ask about LCA ..being the smallest fighter aircraft in the world ..can it be built in complete stealth mode? offcourse after building a regular one..do anyone of u vote for a that one?

can't we power them with pair of Saturn 117s or its future replacements??or we are going for indigenous/JV GTAX Kaveri??don't know for sure..

dude if we go for a indigenous kaveri engine,then it will be a known suicide. and for saturn 117s,i think it will be over powered for medium combat aircraft and also it needs massive structural changes and weight reduction,then obviously it wont be a 117s.

i want to ask about LCA ..being the smallest fighter aircraft in the world ..can it be built in complete stealth mode? offcourse after building a regular one..do anyone of u vote for a that one?

we can build that into stealth fighter from the scratch,and our DRDO chief also expressed about it in Sweden conferrence i think so. But in future it cant able to stand in front of fighters like j20 or j31. and also it will be a waste of resource and time. so AMCA n FGFA is enough for us dude.

dude if we go for a indigenous kaveri engine,then it will be a known suicide. and for saturn 117s,i think it will be over powered for medium combat aircraft and also it needs massive structural changes and weight reduction,then obviously it wont be a 117s.

then what will be the solution???JV??there is no report about AMCA engines,which is the most vital part..

then what will be the solution???JV??there is no report about AMCA engines,which is the most vital part..

yes JV is the solution and now we going for a global tender to produce next generation engine. and the minimum thrust will be 54kn in dry thrust and 90 kn with afterburner.
but if we go for foreign engine, most probably it will be a Klimov RD-33MK NG upgraded, EJ 200 NG, snecma M88-3D NG.

No, because "stealth" requires internal fuel and weapon carrying, which is not possible for the LCA withouth major changes. It's a misconception (partially based on DRDOs claims) that LCA could be a "stealth" fighter, we can only reduce the RCS further, by shaping the airframe in certain areas, or reducing the external load, but it never can be a "stealth" fighter.
That's why the only useful option is developing a new fighter with stealth and carrier capabilities from the start.

Not size but design plays major role in reducing emission.
small size add's it's own limitation, for example, when inducted naval tejas maybe limited to fleet defence role and can hardly perform a effective offensive role due to it's limited number of hard point's and payload capacity.

Back
Top Bottom