What's new

F-7s seen flying over Islamabad

It's nice that we have got them here for exercise ,but isn't it better to apply the actual strategy in HIGH MARK to give a good practice of what can happen and how to tackle.
Well personally my friend i worry about a situation like the one happened when i was in my 7th class an IAF jet flew over the Islamabad valley ,dropped the fuel tanks and escaped easily....i guess it was Mig-25,it was a huge blast (obviously it must be flying greater than the speed of sound ) followed by jolt(because of drop tanks) round about 11;30am ;still crystal clear in my mind.
I was suspicious for the whole day what had happened because there were no clouds so no reason for a thunder in the air:lol: and why the blast followed it...
Letter on at 9:00pm PTV cleared my confusion.
It must not happen again.:pakistan:

:lol:

Dude those Mig-25 were flying 3 times the speed of sound and the sound was caused by sonic boom not dropped fuel tanks other wise that would have been a serious serious violation and perhaps it would have been escalated into 2-3 air strikes from both sides.

Can any body share the specification of F-7s tha PAF is using...?

Regards,

sunny
Little googling wont hurt

Chengdu J-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We use F7P and F7PG

General characteristics
Crew: 1
Length: 14.885 m (48 ft 10 in)
Wingspan: 8.32 m (27 ft 4 in)
Height: 4.10 m (13 ft 5 in)
Wing area: Greater than 23 m² (247.5 ft²)
Empty weight: 5,292 kg (11,667 lb)
Loaded weight: 7,540 kg (16,620 lb)
Max takeoff weight: 9,100 kg (20,000 lb)
Powerplant: 1× Liyang Wopen-13F (R-13-300) [26] afterburning turbojet
Dry thrust: 44.1 kN dry (9,914 lbf)
Thrust with afterburner: 65.17 kN (14,650 lbf [5])
Performance
Maximum speed: Mach 2.0 limited [6] (2120 km/h)
Combat range: 850 km (528 miles)
Ferry range: 2,230 km [7] (1,380 miles)
Service ceiling: 18,800 m (61,700 ft)
Rate of climb: 11,700 meters/min (38,400 ft/min)
Wing loading: Greater than 379 kg/m² (77.8 lb/ft²)
Armament
Guns: 2× 30 mm Type 30-1 cannon, 60 rounds per gun
Hardpoints: 5 in total - 4× under-wing, 1× centreline under-fuselage with a capacity of 2000 kg maximum (up to 500 kg each) [27]
Rockets: 55 mm rocket pod (12 rounds), 90 mm rocket pod (7 rounds)
Missiles:
Air-to-air missiles: PL-2, PL-5, PL-7, PL-8, PL-9, Magic R.550, AIM-9
Bombs: 50 kg to 500 kg unguided bombs
Avionics
Type 226 PD radar (domestic)
GEC-Marconi Super Skyranger radar, FIAR Grifo-7 mk.II radar (export)

:lol:

Dude those Mig-25 were flying 3 times the speed of sound and the sound was caused by sonic boom not dropped fuel tanks other wise that would have been a serious serious violation and perhaps it would have been escalated into 2-3 air strikes from both sides.

Sir you are absolutely right and i am also saying that the boom was really the sonic boom ,but why the jolt appeared in the ground when after 5 sec that sound disappeared.Seriously it shocked us like an earthquake,PTV reported that it the jet dropped the fuel tanks near the secretariat area which caused the jolt,and somebody told me that "There were always CAPs and the PAF planes followed it." and
"Pakistan didnt have anything to counter the high flying Mig 25".
If i look at the media statement and the one i got from the personal contact,i makes me think that quake in the earth was because of drop tanks of Mig-25 on a reconnaissance mission escaping out of the Capital with a atleast a couple of PAF on chase.
Is the condition changed now with BVR or we still lack the capability to kill that bird.
Some body please put some light on this.:pakistan:What was the real story?
And also you said,
those Mig-25 were flying 3 times the speed of sound
They were more than one ???:eek:,it was a deliberate violation...
:angry::angry:
Next time i'll kill them with by sniper:sniper::sick:

Last edited:
IAF has phased out Mig-25 so that threat is gone. The best IAF can send across the border are SU-30 and these can be intercepted.

I remember the days when i used to live near chaklala. Dam good days. I saw them all on 6th September preps. they flew over us again and again. beauty at its best.

Sir you are absolutely right and i am also saying that the boom was really the sonic boom ,but why the jolt appeared in the ground when after 5 sec that sound disappeared.Seriously it shocked us like an earthquake,PTV reported that it the jet dropped the fuel tanks near the secretariat area which caused the jolt,and somebody told me that "There were always CAPs and the PAF planes followed it." and
"Pakistan didnt have anything to counter the high flying Mig 25".
If i look at the media statement and the one i got from the personal contact,i makes me think that quake in the earth was because of drop tanks of Mig-25 on a reconnaissance mission escaping out of the Capital with a atleast a couple of PAF on chase.
Is the condition changed now with BVR or we still lack the capability to kill that bird.
Some body please put some light on this.:pakistan:What was the real story?
And also you said,

They were more than one ???:eek:,it was a deliberate violation...
:angry::angry:
Next time i'll kill them with by sniper:sniper::sick:

a palne flying at MACH 2 cannot possibly be carrying drop tanks the whole airframe will just rip apart!!! & the loud roar noise was the sonic boom of the MiG! not drop tanks! and as you guessed Mach itself is faster than the speed of sound! so Mach 3 is 3 times the speed where speed of sound equates to Mach 1 meaning first you saw the plane & later you heard the noise! this lead you the believe that maybe it was drop tanks!

however, the sad part is we still don't have long range SAMs to effectively counter such a threat! we are lucky the MiGs have been phased out!!!

Don't worry friend Karachi will be participating as well in HIGH MARK.
What's the news from Karachi any roar in the skies???:pakistan:

i live very near to JINNAH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,i tell u one thing from waking up and till going to sleep i only hear ROARS of BOEING,JUMBO,AIRBUSES,ILYUSHIN AND ANTONOVE'S aircrafts,even in dreams too.:blink:
but some times i get really awesome views of these giants when they take off.but bro i hardy see any fighter plane in Karachi and last time i saw two mirage when PAF was on alert after Mumbai attacks.

Every day i see atleat 4 to five Il 76 Midas landing at KHI airport .. wonder what they come for ..!

jani don't post such info. some time its really serius news:)as sir murad say before.don't inform landings takeoffs.:rolleyes:

a palne flying at MACH 2 cannot possibly be carrying drop tanks the whole airframe will just rip apart!!! & the loud roar noise was the sonic boom of the MiG! not drop tanks! and as you guessed Mach itself is faster than the speed of sound! so Mach 3 is 3 times the speed where speed of sound equates to Mach 1 meaning first you saw the plane & later you heard the noise! this lead you the believe that maybe it was drop tanks!

however, the sad part is we still don't have long range SAMs to effectively counter such a threat! we are lucky the MiGs have been phased out!!!

buddy i ve seen some dogfight exercises in mid and late 90s and also after 2000 of mirage and f-7 over my head in VEHARI,they come from an operational airbase Thinge near Multan.
i ve seen f-7 at super sonic mode with one fuel tank.when they come at high speed they make less noise and the environment of surrounding seem calm before they pass.then they pass like lightning ZUMMMMMM....and suddenly a heavy boom force u to put ur fingers in ur ears.

Every day i see atleat 4 to five Il 76 Midas landing at KHI airport .. wonder what they come for ..!

yeah buddy its happening the same for the last 8-9 months.not only IL-76 but also AN-124 the GIANTS also taking apart,some time.
my uncle and his son works in AIR BLUE,they had told me that they r commercial cargoes and bring civil goodies.
BUT it seems fishy to me.cuz i never saw their routine like this in 2004,05,06,07.:agree:

i live very near to JINNAH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,i tell u one thing from waking up and till going to sleep i only hear ROARS of BOEING,JUMBO,AIRBUSES,ILYUSHIN AND ANTONOVE'S aircrafts,even in dreams too.:blink:
but some times i get really awesome views of these giants when they take off.but bro i hardy see any fighter plane in Karachi and last time i saw two mirage when PAF was on alert after Mumbai attacks.

Karachi is a big city with a dedicated airport for cargo and passenger planes.And also there is one functional and couple of forward bases.It looks like PAF opted for these dedicated bases only,They won't like to disturb the major airport of the economic capital.:cheers:
Also as you live near the Karachi airport there is some distance between the Functional base(Masroor airbase)and your location.
Perhaps there PAF will be cooperating with PN .......so you can understand.:azn:

Karachi is a big city with a dedicated airport for cargo and passenger planes.And also there is one functional and couple of forward bases.It looks like PAF opted for these dedicated bases only,They won't like to disturb the major airport of the economic capital.:cheers:
Also as you live near the Karachi airport there is some distance between the Functional base(Masroor airbase)and your location.
Perhaps there PAF will be cooperating with PN .......so you can understand.:azn:

yup bro there are three airbases of PAF and one is commercial.AB Faisal is for PAF cargoes,heavy duty aircrafts,helicopters and NAVAL aircrafts,dont know its operational or not or having fighter in its hangers.its not so far from my house too.but Masroor and the other one is way to far approximately 60-70km away.
so no fighter jet around my house.:cray:

Just my guess ,i might be wrong this time ,but i have a feeling that there is some other jetfighter as well else the F-7PG .......which never got to low so that i can get a visual contact.Always very high ;plus it's sound is different,I have listened F-7PG at subsonic and with speed more the Mac 1 :but this one seems to be of different class totally.And when the PGs land ,it returns with a shooting sound zooooom across the sky.

If you want to see:

Best PAF Pilots , Flying Vipers on extremly low altitude and doing Crazy manuvers ..... Welcome to Sargodha !!:D

They are avoiding crazy flying sort of stuff, low passes etc. in sargodha. They come and go and ABs for just takeoffs...they use runway 14 and 32 for landing and takeoff....runway 6 and 24 not in use...

Back
Top Bottom