What's new

F-7P and F-7PG

I don't get how the program didn't take off when the higher-ups themselves thought a kamikaze system was a good idea? Like, they're on the same page (convert the F-7P into a drone), just differ on the details. Lol. They could've started the R&D and, in turn, set aside 1-2 planes for demo purposes for decoy or stand-off ECM roles.
Not viable to use these aircraft in an ECM/EW role either due to limited range and endurance. PAF rightly so I think is focusing on MALE UAV for those roles. Even in the role of a kamikaze style drone, cruise missiles offer more flexibility in terms and are lower in costs as well.

Not viable to use these aircraft in an ECM/EW role either due to limited range and endurance. PAF rightly so I think is focusing on MALE UAV for those roles. Even in the role of a kamikaze style drone, cruise missiles offer more flexibility in terms and are lower in costs as well.
I think we must do what the Azerbaijan did.................Play a game of deceive.

Lets say wo do get Mach 2+ drones.... It will be a tremendous bluff in a BVR fight.

Why do we need Mach 2 drones when most aircraft fly subsonic most of the time?
Good question,

In a hypothetical situation Imagen you are a flying on the right side of the border (I will not call you an Indian Pilot I know respect is important) and spot 4 fighter equidistant and same altitude.

2 of them are 900km/ towards you

1 is 450 km/h slightly of set towards you

1 is 1500 km/h also slightly of set towards you

who will you focus on more .

All f7ps are gone just 1 sq remaining which should be replaced in couple of months
FT7s will be replaced by JF17bs ..i dont see PAF not doing so as we are about induct large number of JF17Bs

Now the PGs is the delimma..i can only guess..but the guess is they will be replaced prior then mirages..however, given they may have few more years of life left some of the oldest mirages may go first

Good question,

In a hypothetical situation Imagen you are a flying on the right side of the border (I will not call you an Indian Pilot I know respect is important) and spot 4 fighter equidistant and same altitude.

2 of them are 900km/ towards you

1 is 450 km/h slightly of set towards you

1 is 1500 km/h also slightly of set towards you

who will you focus on more .
Not as easy as that. What direction are they flying, altitude, what is your RWR telling you about the aircraft etc etc.
My basic point was there is no need for a mach 2 drone. Its an over engineered solution when simpler designs would not just be more effective in mimicking an actual aircraft, it would also offer greater range and endurance due to lower fuel consumption. Even agility is greater at higher speed (I don't envision one flying in a straight line to justify mach 2 speeds).

Not as easy as that. What direction are they flying, altitude, what is your RWR telling you about the aircraft etc etc.
My basic point was there is no need for a mach 2 drone. Its an over engineered solution when simpler designs would not just be more effective in mimicking an actual aircraft, it would also offer greater range and endurance due to lower fuel consumption. Even agility is greater at higher speed (I don't envision one flying in a straight line to justify mach 2 speeds).
without getting into to much technicality-----Like a good ol physics question assume everything is constant beside speed.

Egypt in the mid 90s and leading into the 2000s bought 90 F-7s Airguard. Almost all were based out of Hurghada air base on the Red Sea coast. There was also a couple of squadrons that were based in Aswan (south of Egypt). These complimented the 100+ MiG-21s that were in the EAFs service and they were well maintained and flew a lot but were considered "widow makers." Used as airguard, these F-7s were basically the Chinese copy of the first, original MiG-21F-13. Until 2015 when along with all the MiG-21s, they were put away in storage. Now they're roles have been replaced by the new MiG-29M/M2s.

1614127205242.png

1614127264364.png

1614127370274.png

Airframe life is fixable.

If the PAF is serious about a LIFT the F-7PG is a very good option....With engine upgrade the range and aircraft performance will be revamped.

F-7PG is a robust aircraft and can handle a beating by novice.

What PAC needs to do is to swap with a better engine and upgrade the cockpit.

This is not only a cost effective solution for LIFT but also a very respectable Red air for PAF.

Red air and F-7PG go hand in hand, this fighter will be a Pain in the behind to beat-- small nimble fast and agile.

Airframe life is not any uses decision it’s Oem supported decision and Chinese did not supported Pac , Pac decided to come up with their own extension W/o Oem for 100 hours or so but is not recommended it’s was just a non availability of $$ per paf history book and that too for dual seaters only

Lastly new engine cost kore than the airframe with no life

Lockheed did extend f-16 life not one of the airforces or someone else , Pac as Oem for Mashaq extended life from 8000 to 12000 and than 16000 and finally 18000 now all mashaq are cleared for 18000 hours airframe life

Mirage case a Spanish company supported by Oem did analysis for paf to confirm mirage Fusalage for 8000 hours and wings for 2250 hours life

Chao

No mention of temporary shooter sqn except one preserved aircraft on base so LIfT sqn gone , new jf ocu sqn along with pg ocu and 1 fcu will make the flying wing plus heli sqn

Don't understand why the Egyptians use hi vis colour scheme on their aircraft, it's like painting a massive bright bullseye sign saying "come hit me".

Don't understand why the Egyptians use hi vis colour scheme on their aircraft, it's like painting a massive bright bullseye sign saying "come hit me".

So the army recognises them at Eyptian to stop accidental blue on blue

So the army recognises them at Eyptian to stop accidental blue on blue

If the army is still mostly using Ak-Ak guns and eyeball identification then yeah sure, but I don't see any other airforce adopting this scheme. In the electronic and digital realm, you don't rely on mark I eyeball sensors.

If the army is still mostly using Ak-Ak guns and eyeball identification then yeah sure, but I don't see any other airforce adopting this scheme. In the electronic and digital realm, you don't rely on mark I eyeball sensors.

You are of course correct, but their army is still mainly uneducated conscripts and naturally many of them will struggle to identify types at high speeds. IFF/Digital does not prevent blue on blue. Indians showed us that. I guess what they lose in camoflauge they feel they make up for in not getting shot down by their own side. It seems the EAF may be more concerned about the Egyptian Army then they are of the Israeli Air Force

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom