What's new

F-60 / J-31 stealth fighter aircraft for Pakistan Air Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The axe is about to fall on the J-10B.

Lets see when that happens.

It may happen, or may not, depending who we are talking about.

how about J-17 for CAS && all other tasks,
J10 && J31 for really important missions ?

I don't think thak PAF will be going for J-31 any time soon. unless our economy gets a major boost. I think J-10B fits PAF better :)

which member will pay near about 50-60miliions us $ for the aircraft
when economy is going collapse
dollar is touching 111rs
Billi k khowab main cheechare

which member will pay near about 50-60miliions us $ for the aircraft
when economy is going collapse
dollar is touching 111rs
Billi k khowab main cheechare

The rupee may be getting worse, but the economy is getting better. This was expected as things always get worse than they get better.

Pakistan's economy will not collapse.

Having said that, this plane won't be available until at least 2017, which means that Pakistan has plenty of time to get back on it's feet and get it's economy back on track.

The axe is about to fall on the J-10B.

I still have high hopes for it. You make a very good point, and it looks more and more likely that this will happen, but as we both know hope doesn't equal reality.

We shall see.

I don't think thak PAF will be going for J-31 any time soon. unless our economy gets a major boost. I think J-10B fits PAF better :)

Agreed.

PAF needs the J-10B to cover for the F-16's drawbacks (restrictions, sanctions, etc). The J-31 (perhaps an export version of the J-20) is probably a long term plan for PAF. They'll look into it by the time India gets it's first squad of FGFAs.

good riddance !!!! :D

I hope we go with J-11 with Pak-turk developed AESA and other 4++ Generation avionics !!!!

Wait, Pakistan and Turkey are developing AESA? When did this happen?

Also, J-11 is not really needed, and I doubt Russia would be comfortable with the sale (even if Pakistani-Russia relations have massively improved).

Wait, Pakistan and Turkey are developing AESA? When did this happen?

Also, J-11 is not really needed, and I doubt Russia would be comfortable with the sale (even if Pakistani-Russia relations have massively improved).
Nope it was just a thought but if Edrogan succeeds in his Islamic republican plan, we can really move forward with our defense cooperation !!!

PAF needs the J-10B to cover for the F-16's drawbacks (restrictions, sanctions, etc). The J-31 (perhaps an export version of the J-20) is probably a long term plan for PAF. They'll look into it by the time India gets it's first squad of FGFAs.
JF-17 can be considerably improved to replace our F-16's (if really need be) but as for now we desperately need an Air Superiority Aircraft !!!!

Nope it was just a thought but if Edrogan succeeds in his Islamic republican plan, we can really move forward with our defense cooperation !!!

JF-17 can be considerably improved to replace our F-16's (if really need be) but as for now we desperately need an Air Superiority Aircraft !!!!

As good as the JF-17 is, it is still no match for the F-16 blk 52s. Having said that, PAF does indeed need an air superiority aircraft, but the J-11 isn't the one that PAF needs.

As good as the JF-17 is, it is still no match for the F-16 blk 52s. Having said that, PAF does indeed need an air superiority aircraft, but the J-11 isn't the one that PAF needs.
o bhai we can make changes in the airframe and avionics and i think we can make JF-17 better than F-16 blk 52's.

btw which air superiority aircraft do you have in mind than ???

o bhai we can make changes in the airframe and avionics and i think we can make JF-17 better than F-16 blk 52's.

btw which air superiority aircraft do you have in mind than ???

Our blk I (and maybe even blk II) won't be able to match the F-16 blk 52s. Besides, the JF-17 is a light fighter, while the F-16 is not.

As for the air superiority question, may be wait a while and buy a custom export J-31 maybe? Who knows? Considering the options though, we should just wait and see if the J-20 will ever be available for export. PAF HAS been interested in the J-20 after all.

TO FIGHT 272 OF THESE

Su-30MKI+Indian+Air+Force+R77+bvr+r-73+d+R-77+%2528RVV-AE%2529+AA-12+Adder+RVV-SD+and+RVV-MD+AIM-120+AMRAAM+ramjet+brahmos+supersonic+cruise+missile+super+sonice+launch+Astra+bveraam.jpg

you need either FC20 OR F16/52 no less than 150 JUST TO STAY in the battle to get UNITED NATIONS involved in a cease fire

That threat is here and no IAF has over 180 OF THESE today

forgt the J31 OR J20 they are not needed TODAY or the next 10 years as the FGFA will not join IAF UNTIL 2022 EARLIEST

TO FIGHT 272 OF THESE

Su-30MKI+Indian+Air+Force+R77+bvr+r-73+d+R-77+%2528RVV-AE%2529+AA-12+Adder+RVV-SD+and+RVV-MD+AIM-120+AMRAAM+ramjet+brahmos+supersonic+cruise+missile+super+sonice+launch+Astra+bveraam.jpg

you need either FC20 OR F16/52 no less than 150 JUST TO STAY in the battle to get UNITED NATIONS involved in a cease fire

forgt the J31 OR J20 they are not needed TODAY or the next 10 years as the FGFA will not join IAF UNTIL 2022 EARLIEST

first your air force needs to station all of them to Pak border, which is not possible.
You need 2/3 of the fleet on your northern border to counter China.

TO FIGHT 272 OF THESE
You need either FC20 OR F16/52 no less than 150 JUST TO STAY in the battle to get UNITED NATIONS involved in a cease fire

Forgt the J31 OR J20 they are not needed TODAY or the next 10 years as the FGFA will not join IAF UNTIL 2022 EARLIEST

You post is interesting at the least. 1: Are the whole 272 stationed right by the Pak-India border? 2: Can you afford to empty out the other side and let the Chinese put their flag inside ASAM may be 50 KM more? 3: Are these "272" birds are entirely stealth and don't get locked on by the SAM's and the BVR's that the JFT and the F-16's can fire?
4: you REALLY think if the UN will be involved here? This isn't the 90's....both of you have sufficient capabilities to go bananas.
5: even in the conventional wisdom.....if you are ready to lose about 60% of your 180 or 272 of these superman jets....then the scenario may apply as by that time, I'd imagine majority of the PAF jets will be destroyed or damaged too. But can you afford to lose over a few trillions in the shape of destroyed military hardware, damage to the economy and to your own defensive doctrine against the Chinese? What will that leave you with to defend against the Chinese? It'll take about 5-7 years to get back to the pre-war military capability.........means much weakened defensive posture for the next many years!
The only solution to your problems is for both of you guys to sit and talk and implement peace promoting efforts. War won't get you anywhere. In fact it'll probably bring down your economic infrastructure, will scare off the international investors in a way that they won't come back as they'll know how crazy and high risk this region is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom