What's new

F-60 / J-31 stealth fighter aircraft for Pakistan Air Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances of china making a STOVL fighter out of J31? Is it possible for china to make something like F35 B in J31?

What are the chances of china making a STOVL fighter out of J31? Is it possible for china to make something like F35 B in J31?

According to the Chinese members here, it very unlikely for China to make one.

I am sure that PAC and CAC might rather going to produce a 5th Generation together and if needed then PAC might going to license produce about 70+ J-31 at home. INSHA ALLAH.

if current trends are continued which I think it will. J-31s will be sold to Pakistan in batches, first as ready made, then licensed to produce in Pakistan.

70+ will come eventually, but it's interesting to know Russia is only ordering 60 PAK FA to start.

And J-31 will be sold in pakistan no question, if China's biggest buyer don't buy it who well?

Pakistan is amongst the better countries China currently sell to, so if Pakistan can't afford it who can?

J-31 is being tested with RD93 for now. But I seriously think that China would use WS-13. One reason is that China would rather have a 100% made in China aircraft for export. Second reason is that J-31 is a two engine plane and therefore the engine requirements are not as stringent as for a single-engine war plane. Also I think that until J-31 matures, we might see JF-17 with WS-13.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOPS!! Wrong thread. Mods pls move post to J-31 thread.

No they are not.

2020 for delivery of J-31 to Pakistan, China's closes ally, is not optimistic at all.

There are two reasons why Pakistan will get it at that date:

1. J-20 is the PLAAF only fighter that will have the most cutting edge technology. China would hesitate to even export to Pakistan, lest powers like USA or India gets their hands on the tech one way or another. Think of J-20 being F-22 and J-31 being the F-35.

2. J-31 is being designed specifically for export.

China will give first priority to Pakistan and the J-31 should be ready for service around 2018 or so, so 2020 is very real possibility for Pakistani delivery

And what is this Indian obsession to adding Western technology to a Chinese aircraft in the year 2020 by which time Chinese avionics technology would be cutting edge!!!!!

China will be busy with far more advanced fighterjets in 2020... Besides that it will have something with Gwadar...

Why would Chinese need a STOVL version at all? Their current carrier is STOBAR, their future possibly even CATOBAR and unless they have similar nonsense plans like USN, to operated dedicated carriers for a STOVL fighters and helicopters, a J31(B) is not really needed.

why ? its written in our constitution that pakistan will never buy twin engine jets and Qaid e Azam told us too ?:lol:

Single engine fighters have the advantages of less cost and more maneuverability than twin engine fighters

I did not know single engined are less maneuverable... Would you explain to me how?

Single engine fighters have the advantages of less cost and more maneuverability than twin engine fighters

Not to mention a much quicker turn around time. A force comprising single engine planes can generate seriously higher number of sorties. PAF with its defensive doctrine has a serious edge over IAF in this regard. This is seldom mentioned, but is the real reason why we are in love with single engine planes.

I can not say if single engine planes can match twin engine planes in stealth. One has to think about missile compartments, reducing IR signature, penalties associated with stealth features (paint, sawtooth edges, shape), etc... Perhaps @Munir can share his opinion. Perhaps there should (or was ever?) a thread dedicated to discussions relating to single engine stealth aircraft possibilities. Opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Munir, he meant opposite of what you are inferring. Check his post again.

Single engine fighter doctrine is fine if the fighter has advanced radars weapons and jammers and great twr like j10 and F16.....imagine a paf with 250 f16 and j10

Single engine fighter doctrine is fine if the fighter has advanced radars weapons and jammers and great twr like j10 and F16.....imagine a paf with 250 f16 and j10

I would much rather imagine a vibrant economy, improving social indicators, and friendly neighbors. Massive spending for expensive planes does not enter my imagination so readily. Besides PAF knows what it is doing with JF17.

I think that PAC will start the production of JF-17 Block-IIs from 2014 INSHA ALLAH. Also I am sure they are going to be able to assemble about 25-35 Aircraft per year which is good and surely PAF will going to procure about:
85 JF-17 Block-IIs (Single seat)
20 JF-17 Block-IIs (Dual Seat)
35-50 JF-17 Block-IIs (Dual Seat) as AJT for CSS

I am sure that this can happen in 5 years time starting from 2014. Although countries like Egypt, Libya, Algeria should look into CAC and PAC for getting license to assemble these aircraft along with RD-93B from Russia at home.

There are also some great chances that Sri Lanka might going to order about 20 JF-17 Block-II(Dual Seat) along with Bangladesh and other African countries.

There are also some great chances that Sri Lanka might going to order about 20 JF-17 Block-II(Dual Seat) along with Bangladesh and other African countries.
Any confirmation or source ??
I read somewhere that Bangladesh rejected JF-17....

Not to mention a much quicker turn around time. A force comprising single engine planes can generate seriously higher number of sorties. PAF with its defensive doctrine has a serious edge over IAF in this regard. This is seldom mentioned, but is the real reason why we are in love with single engine planes.

I can not say if single engine planes can match twin engine planes in stealth. One has to think about missile compartments, reducing IR signature, penalties associated with stealth features (paint, sawtooth edges, shape), etc... Perhaps @Munir can share his opinion. Perhaps there should (or was ever?) a thread dedicated to discussions relating to single engine stealth aircraft possibilities. Opinions?
In theory, a single engine configuration make it easier to shape to control RCS. Shaping is the current dominant method.

In theory and in practice, the goal is to control the QUANTITY of radiators, in other words, any kind of body and surface discontinuities that will allow reflections or surface traveling waves to 'leap off' the body and 'escape' into free space.

radar_reflect.jpg

Everyone have seen the above illustration before. Any body is a finite body. The impinging radar signal have to leave that finite body some time. So why would you want to create escape points? Unfortunately, aerodynamics demands we create those escape points, called 'wings', 'horizontal' and 'vertical' stabilators, and 'fins'. Without these structures, we would not have an 'aircraft'. We also need propulsion, so we added engines, from open air propellers to enclosed versions call 'jet engine'.

The more we have of these structures, including communication antennas and weapons, the higher our body's radar cross section (RCS). That is the EM price we have to pay in order to have a flying machine. Unfortunately, we do not have a sphere, the ideal body, with some mysterious propulsion technology that have no 'intake' or 'exhaust' structures.

So in theory and practice, a single engine configuration is preferable in terms of trying to obey the shaping rule. But combat may demand otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom