What's new

F-60 / J-31 stealth fighter aircraft for Pakistan Air Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever PAF decides to buy 5th generation aircraft, it will be to replace the f-16s (blk-15)
which are gonna stay with us till 2020 at least.

And till then China will have all the time it needs to mature its engines.

PAF's older F-16s are going to stay in the forces fleet up until 2030-40 (they've been upgraded as such), and having a 5th gen won't change that fact.

The only reason why PAF would be interested in a 5th gen is because they don't want to give India a major tech advantage, and PAF will more than likely only get 3 squadrons (18 fighters a squadron, 54 fighters in total) worth of 5th gens. It just needs enough to make India think twice about an air campaign, and even if Pakistan's economy recovers and grows leaps and bounds, any more than 3 squadrons will bankrupt Pakistan's economy.

Some mighty ambitious speculations in here. Rangageaing from license building of j31 to some other top secret j2x. Unfornately most of this is from pdf sources rather than offical pak govt or chinease govt lips. If only speculation was all we needed today paf would already have 100 j10. In services rather than 300 f7 and mirage 5. We could do with some real offical news to make feel this is really being discussed .even the 36 j10 looks to have cooled lately

Its less promising than the MMRCA which has been finalized officially and then cancelled as well. Now the INDIANs are not agreeing again on my opinion which I gave some time ago that IAF might be looking into many different types of fighters which they once not looking because of Ground and Spare Parts support problems.
Like MiG-35s might come and may be some used MiG-29s from Russian or any other country.
Rafael and EF-2000 direct sale about 80 of each
and some good numbers of Grippen as well.

I am 100% sure INDIANs won't agree at all....

MARK My WORDS

Nishan 101.

BIG DIFFERENCE between MMRCA of india & J10 need FOR PAF.

LETS ME EXPLAIN.

INDIANS have 170 SU30MKI today AND aere license building more too reach 270 BY 2018

Indians have GONE INTO partnership FOR PAK FA starting 2020 FIRST prototype arrives in india next year.

FOR THIS REASON some indians believe MMRCA is not needed especially sice LCA MK1 & 2 also are crawling to IOC.

FOR PAKISTAN other than JF17 and a few F16s wat else is there ????

THEY REALLY NEED THIS FC20 IMO

Still no time frame for J10 arrival and we are discussing J-31....?
See here article about Fifth generation Fighters in ASIA.

That is the reason why there is no news on J-10. Pakistan has limited funds and it has to make choices.

It is quite possible that Pakistan may join China in further development of J-31 instead and buy J-31's instead of J-10.

J-10 is 4.5 Generation whereas J-31 is 5th Gen fighter, and its a beauty:

http://killerapps.foreignpolicy.com/files/j-31belly.jpg

Some mighty ambitious speculations in here. Rangageaing from license building of j31 to some other top secret j2x. Unfornately most of this is from pdf sources rather than offical pak govt or chinease govt lips. If only speculation was all we needed today paf would already have 100 j10. In services rather than 300 f7 and mirage 5. We could do with some real offical news to make feel this is really being discussed .even the 36 j10 looks to have cooled lately

Your HEARTBURN is quite understandable, but mourn or wail all you want, J-31 is looking more and more of a reality for Pakistan. This is China's first 5th Generation fighter for Export and you Geniuses should have learnt by now that Pakistan always gets the first dig on any exportable Weapon from China as it is its most preferred Customer for weapons.

As for your comment on J10 , why would we buy a 4.5 Gen aircraft if by waiting for a few more years we can instead aim for a 5th Generation fighter. Now that should really set your tail on fire.:omghaha:

Nishan 101.

BIG DIFFERENCE between MMRCA of india & J10 need FOR PAF.

LETS ME EXPLAIN.

INDIANS have 170 SU30MKI today AND aere license building more too reach 270 BY 2018

Indians have GONE INTO partnership FOR PAK FA starting 2020 FIRST prototype arrives in india next year.

FOR THIS REASON some indians believe MMRCA is not needed especially sice LCA MK1 & 2 also are crawling to IOC.

FOR PAKISTAN other than JF17 and a few F16s wat else is there ????

THEY REALLY NEED THIS FC20 IMO

For once, I actually agree with you...well that's a first.

Pakistan will eventually get J-31, new fighters replacing old ones, tends to happen with the passage of time.

The real question is whether such an acquisition would be a limited one (e.g. the current Block-52+ purchase), or would it be wide-scale and number in excess of 100 or even 150. The latter is a crapshoot, we won't know unless Pakistan puts itself on a permanent upwards political and economic track.

Pakistan will eventually get J-31, new fighters replacing old ones, tends to happen with the passage of time.

The real question is whether such an acquisition would be a limited one (e.g. the current Block-52+ purchase), or would it be wide-scale and number in excess of 100 or even 150. The latter is a crapshoot, we won't know unless Pakistan puts itself on a permanent upwards political and economic track.

Even with a good economy, Pakistan would buy a limited amount of J-31s. No one expects Pakistan to get more than 3-5 squadrons of fighters, meaning around 54-90 air-craft total.

There is no question on whether Pakistan will get it, the only question is how long will it take for Pakistan to get the desired amount. Pakistan's economy is bound to pick up within 2-5 years, especially with the war drawing down in Afghanistan and having a pro-business new Prime Minister, who's also keen on developing good relations with India. As such, Pakistan may opt in on the first day it's available (i.e 2020-2025), by that time Pakistan's economy is bound to recover completely and will be able to afford the J-31 in decent numbers.

J-31/PAK-FA/J-20 all are at least 5-7 years away from being cleared for limited operational use or Initial Operational Clearance (IOC). This stealth technology and the desire to get better than the counterparts is not so easy to achieve; US had tons of knowledge and experience before initiating F-35 project. But the "desire" to make it the best-in-town was apparently not so easy to get.

The more time these countries spend on R&D of these projects, the more will be per unit price. The cost factor writers/experts are talking about today will either be diminished or gone when "operational version" of these stealth aircraft will be put in service. Same is the case with J-31, it will still be a fairly low-cost Stealth fighter in 2020; but won't be as cost effective as it is projected today.

agree with stealth and imran bhai that PAF and pakistan defence thinktank is rubbish when you defend your country you look as many as option you can get similarties in machines will not do anything better see all other nation they have different type of planes with completely different roles we just have one role jet attack i know but when you face twice the power and speed of your opponent you dont have much time to react and in dogfightinh half a second is enough for enemy to destroy you we need to get out of 30 year old strategy of F 16 i bet if india attack pakistan F 16 cannot do anything with single engine hope time for change in startegy and change in thinktank of PAF and defence strategy and most importantly change of old mindset is required in PAF and defence give roles to yougsters and you see how they do it their way our probleum is 90 percent of seats decision makers are above 50 years and 80 years they have 40 years old mindset nead to change it bring them too 30 percent and remianing seats should be given to 35 years to 45 years people or less

why i want to know why Pakistan is not getting twin engin jets yes its expensive but just for showing to our enemies plzzz get twin engins plans like f15 j11b euro fighter or rafael...

why i want to know why Pakistan is not getting twin engin jets yes its expensive but just for showing to our enemies plzzz get twin engins plans like f15 j11b euro fighter or rafael...

Ignoring the $$$ factor, it is very unlikely that the US would offer the F-15 Eagle to Pakistan.

Actually, Pakistan does have a few twin engine jets, the problem is that they're old. There is the added matter that Pakistan's military has never felt the need to have modern twin engine planes, as China offered to sell Pakistan it's J-11bs but Pakistan rejected the offer.

The F-60 looks like it'll be the first twin engine fighter that Pakistan will buy in a LONG LONG time. This is almost a guarantee to happen, as Pakistan has recently shown interest (or bought) Chinese twin engine trainers (hongdu L-15) from China. This is supposedly to go give Pakistani pilots training on how to operate twin engine planes.

...At least that's what the rumors say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom