What's new

F-35As Arrive At RAF Lakenheath For First Overseas Deployment

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Send the F-35As across the ocean serves not only to demonstrate its capabilities to U.S. partners, but also to underscore the military’s capability and willingness to retaliate against potential adversaries, top brass has said.

The Air Force will not be the first U.S. service to deploy its F-35s overseas: Marine Fighter Attack Sqdn. (VMFA) 121, the “Green Knights,” based out of Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Yuma, Arizona, flew to MCAS Iwakuni, Japan in January.

“I think it’s a powerful signal that we are sending our very best fighter aircraft to the Indo-Asia-Pacific first, before we deploy anywhere else, and it will showcase not only American technology but also American capability,” said Adm. Harry Harris, commander of U.S. Pacific Command. “There is no other aircraft on the planet that can touch it, any adversary aircraft, nothing like that will be able to touch the F-35,” he says.

http://aviationweek.com/awindefense/f-35as-arrive-raf-lakenheath-first-overseas-deployment

Here's an excerpt from an article on the F-35's first deployment to Europe. Given the success the F-35 has had at Red Flag, it's no surprise Adm. Harris displays such confidence. I've said before that the F-35 will revolutionize air combat for the US military. They are just beginning to scratch the surface of the F-35's capabilities.

Last time they said something of these sorts about the Titanic...

No aircraft has yet to shoot down the F-15. So that tends to lead to credence. If you can get near the F-35 and shoot it down, I be surprised.

I swear I was gonna say the same words.and let me add Challenger Space Shuttle also.
For you to criticize US via the Space Shuttle Challenger is like a country without wheels laughing at the country that have cars.

The Challenger flew 9 successful missions before the ill fated 10th. Your Pakistan just barely got wet with the joint venture JF-17.

Send the F-35As across the ocean serves not only to demonstrate its capabilities to U.S. partners, but also to underscore the military’s capability and willingness to retaliate against potential adversaries, top brass has said.

The Air Force will not be the first U.S. service to deploy its F-35s overseas: Marine Fighter Attack Sqdn. (VMFA) 121, the “Green Knights,” based out of Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Yuma, Arizona, flew to MCAS Iwakuni, Japan in January.

“I think it’s a powerful signal that we are sending our very best fighter aircraft to the Indo-Asia-Pacific first, before we deploy anywhere else, and it will showcase not only American technology but also American capability,” said Adm. Harry Harris, commander of U.S. Pacific Command. “There is no other aircraft on the planet that can touch it, any adversary aircraft, nothing like that will be able to touch the F-35,” he says.

http://aviationweek.com/awindefense/f-35as-arrive-raf-lakenheath-first-overseas-deployment

Here's an excerpt from an article on the F-35's first deployment to Europe. Given the success the F-35 has had at Red Flag, it's no surprise Adm. Harris displays such confidence. I've said before that the F-35 will revolutionize air combat for the US military. They are just beginning to scratch the surface of the F-35's capabilities.
why aren't they any images!? :mad::pissed:

For you to criticize US via the Space Shuttle Challenger is like a country without wheels laughing at the country that have cars.

The Challenger flew 9 successful missions before the ill fated 10th. Your Pakistan just barely got wet with the joint venture JF-17.
We have what we need and we dont challenge our creator.thats it ! nothing personal

Dear Sir, with due respect as per past history one of your previous stealth bomber was destroyed by Serbs using their obsolete air defense tech. Further there are few jets which either being developed or going to be developed soon which shall challenge the might of F35s.

The pro like u know better. On other hand if Pak is behind in many areas but has progressed extensively in others i.e missiles both ballistic and cruise.

I swear I was gonna say the same words.and let me add Challenger Space Shuttle also.

The Titanic was sunk due to a natural disaster. I can't see the entire fleet of F-35's getting hit by any natural disaster as they are spread across multiple continents. If that really ever happened, I can assure you, the PDF will also not be working as it'd be the end of the world type of an event. The judgement day may be?

On the Space shuttle Challenger.....it flew many successful missions before it failed. No one's saying that we won't lose a few F-35's in a conflict. Everyone is stating the facts that this jet is way ahead of its time and nothing in any air-force is comparable to it at this time.

In the Red Flag, it has been tested extensively against pretty much all major platforms, from various US jets to the French Rafale, to the EFT to the Sukhoi's from India. And no one could detect it, let alone fight it!

These statements aren't "challenging the creator" as you are saying it below in a different post of yours. These are mere facts that no other human has designed anything comparable to the F-35. Come back if you can prove me wrong in the next 10 years and by that time, we'd be onto the 6th gen platforms.

Dear Sir, with due respect as per past history one of your previous stealth bomber was destroyed by Serbs using their obsolete air defense tech.
NATO flew over 30,000 sorties over Yugoslavia, including 60 B-2 sorties that took off from the US. We lost only two aircrafts: one F-16 and one F-117.

The single F-117 have been debated to death on this forum. I suggest you look up those debates and educate yourself on military tactics in general and what happened in particular.

Two successful kills despite over 30,000 opportunities. That is not an air defense record to boast about at the bar.

Further there are few jets which either being developed or going to be developed soon which shall challenge the might of F35s.
Shall ? More like 'may'. But am being a little facetious here.

Did Soviet/Russian fighters made US obsolete ? No. So even if there are other 'stealth' fighters to challenge US, it is people that counts and for now, our people that flies our 'stealth' aircrafts are the best.

The pro like u know better.
I am a USAF veteran. F-111 (Cold War) and F-16 (Desert Storm). I think I can speak with a little bit of authority.

The Titanic was sunk due to a natural disaster. I can't see the entire fleet of F-35's getting hit by any natural disaster as they are spread across multiple continents. If that really ever happened, I can assure you, the PDF will also not be working as it'd be the end of the world type of an event. The judgement day may be?

On the Space shuttle Challenger.....it flew many successful missions before it failed. No one's saying that we won't lose a few F-35's in a conflict. Everyone is stating the facts that this jet is way ahead of its time and nothing in any air-force is comparable to it at this time.

In the Red Flag, it has been tested extensively against pretty much all major platforms, from various US jets to the French Rafale, to the EFT to the Sukhoi's from India. And no one could detect it, let alone fight it!

These statements aren't "challenging the creator" as you are saying it below in a different post of yours. These are mere facts that no other human has designed anything comparable to the F-35. Come back if you can prove me wrong in the next 10 years and by that time, we'd be onto the 6th gen platforms.
Right !

NATO flew over 30,000 sorties over Yugoslavia, including 60 B-2 sorties that took off from the US. We lost only two aircrafts: one F-16 and one F-117.

The single F-117 have been debated to death on this forum. I suggest you look up those debates and educate yourself on military tactics in general and what happened in particular.

Two successful kills despite over 30,000 opportunities. That is not an air defense record to boast about at the bar.

Shall ? More like 'may'. But am being a little facetious here.

Did Soviet/Russian fighters made US obsolete ? No. So even if there are other 'stealth' fighters to challenge US, it is people that counts and for now, our people that flies our 'stealth' aircrafts are the best.
I am a USAF veteran. F-111 (Cold War) and F-16 (Desert Storm). I think I can speak with a little bit of authority.

I respect pros like u as shown by my above statements but these were given in particular
aspect. It will be childish to challenge US tech in any area in general or comparing it with Russian one.

However it is fact that so far US has still not involved in any one to one engagement with either Russians or Chinese. We should pray it should not happen however if it does then we may get true results.

On the other hand US Tomahawk CM have questionable record regarding accuracy.

My main point however was that if Pak is lagging behind in many areas even then they have developed credible missiles both cruise and ballistic with accuracy which may prove to be key for survival of volatile country like Pak having no strategic depth and unreliable defense suppliers like US.

Any sources to verify this claim.
IIRC, Red Flag Alaska 2016 saw the Su30MKI and F22A participate together and not the F35A.

:lol: Perfect response. I couldn't have said it any better!

These are USA's best fighter planes.

Pakistan would never be able to buy these.

Pakistan should go for J-31s.

Back
Top Bottom