What's new

F-35 racked up a 28:1 kill ratio at recent Red Flag exercises

Every single one.

You are correct. The F-35 is a terrible fighter because it does not have an official name.

There is a difference between having a name and having a nice name that sticks and resonates with the pilots. It shows the pilots haven't really adopted the plane as their own.

What a knob of an answer. That's why they lost Korea Vietnam Iraq Syria Afghanistan I could go on but what's the point. Stupid is stupid

Oh yes. Vietnam you won?
Afghanistan is won? That's why you are begging the Taliban and Pakistan
Iraq you won?
Syria won?
I will give you Grenada as your 5th fleet out manoeuvred the one policeman on the island armed with a truncheon
The war was not about Afghanistan. The one needed to be marginalized was marginalized. Iraq cannot stand on its own. Syria can't either win win as I see it. You can continue to put whatever lens that pleases you and let you see what you want to see... Just a note keeping the argument civil will get you heard more effectively.

The F-35 fights with the same old advantage of situational awareness that has won air warfare since WW1.

It’s not about maneuvering anymore as much as it is about seeing first- letting your team see first- and shooting first.

A F-35 with two missiles is always going to prevail over a Su-35 with 16 because it sees first and shoots first.

Another funding drama.and a competition between lockheed martin and boeing for contracts.
I mean it dose not carry that much ammo
In stealth mode it can only carry 6 aams
So
6 AAMs in stealth mode is killer aircraft..what do you want 20?

Another funding drama.and a competition between lockheed martin and boeing for contracts.
I mean it dose not carry that much ammo
In stealth mode it can only carry 6 aams
So
And this 6 missiles in stealth mode can kill any 4th, 4.5th gen jets, it is world best electronically advance jet, you know @Fawadqasim1

Mostly against old/ early 4th gen jet,...
Because that is all there is. Not our fault. :lol:

..and ill trained Iraqi armed forces @gambit
How were they 'ill trained'? When I received orders to deploy to Desert Storm, we were given the same assessment about the Iraqi military that were heavily influenced by assessments from other ME militaries, including Iran's. The general consensus back then was that the Iraqi military was 'well trained' by Soviet and Chines advisers. Battle experienced from the war against Iran that fought to a stalemate. And fanatical to the Hussein administration.

Stop trying to downplay US war and combat experience by saying this and that military was 'ill trained'. Your Pakistan certainly would not be able to handle that 'ill trained' military. And if you cannot, then it is not 'ill trained'. :rolleyes:

There is a difference between having a name and having a nice name that sticks and resonates with the pilots. It shows the pilots haven't really adopted the plane as their own.
You go on believing that. Leave the combat victories to US and our unnamed fighters. When the other guys got shot down left and right, you can console them by saying the F-35 does not have a name, therefore, do not feel too bad about losing the sky to the Americans. :enjoy:

How were they 'ill trained'? When I received orders to deploy to Desert Storm, we were given the same assessment about the Iraqi military that were heavily influenced by assessments from other ME militaries, including Iran's. The general consensus back then was that the Iraqi military was 'well trained' by Soviet and Chines advisers. Battle experienced from the war against Iran that fought to a stalemate. And fanatical to the Hussein administration.

Stop trying to downplay US war and combat experience by saying this and that military was 'ill trained'. Your Pakistan certainly would not be able to handle that 'ill trained' military. And if you cannot, then it is not 'ill trained'. :rolleyes:

You go on believing that. Leave the combat victories to US and our unnamed fighters. When the other guys got shot down left and right, you can console them by saying the F-35 does not have a name, therefore, do not feel too bad about losing the sky to the Americans. :enjoy:

Pride has a downfall. And all the King's men and all the King's horses couldn't put humpty dumpty back together again. It DOES look a bit like Humpty Dumpty, big and fat and pregnant, under powered, under armed, and pretty much breakfast material against Flankers backed by A-100. But hey, if you need a shoulder to cry on, you always have defence.pk

US-led forces have DELIVERED in different theaters over the course of years, but what American politicians choose to do with these theaters, is the point. I think @gambit have reiterated this point time-and-again.
That is exactly the point.

A 'war', as postulated by von Clausewitz, is a continuation of politics by violent means. The moment that continuation involves violence, a different component takes over and that component is the military. In other words, in any inter-state dispute, the military is always waiting in the wings. Once the military take over, its primary mission is to produce tangible benefits so that the other, and first, component, the politicians and diplomats, can somehow convince the other side to agree to cease the military half of the dispute.

A vital understanding between the two components of a war -- politics and military -- is that the members of the two should not get involve in the business of the other. Even Hitler, who wore two suits, had that understanding when he changed suits. The Vietnam War was a violation of that understanding by the American politicians. Nevertheless, the US military produced tangible benefits for the US/SVN politicians and it was the latter who squandered away those benefits that resulted in the loss of SVN to communism.

It is curious. Is it the inability to understand this concept or is it the refusal to understand?

Even without details of the engagements, its clear that current air warfare doctrines and technology don't work against stealthy fighters. I am most keen to know whether the F-35 used its own radars for targeting or were fed targeting data from a non stealthy AC? I think most were probably BVR kills?

Pride has a downfall. And all the King's men and all the King's horses couldn't put humpty dumpty back together again. It DOES look a bit like Humpty Dumpty, big and fat and pregnant, under powered, under armed, and pretty much breakfast material against Flankers backed by A-100. But hey, if you need a shoulder to cry on, you always have defence.pk
Would someone PLEASE give the PDF version of 'Pierre Sprey' a lot of thanks for his 'technically insightful' post?

Even without details of the engagements, its clear that current air warfare doctrines and technology don't work against stealthy fighters. I am most keen to know whether the F-35 used its own radars for targeting or were fed targeting data from a non stealthy AC? I think most were probably BVR kills?
I can tell you this -- with %100 confidence -- that the answer is 'Yes'. It is a two-way street.

The F-22's and F-35's avionics are sophisticated enough to exploit two types of data: radar and information.

Radar data is when the F-35 can process radar echoes from transmissions from other sources. I use my own radar to transmit. The F-35 is in the vicinity and uses whatever echoes produced by any object. I do not communicate to the F-35 at all.

Information is when the F-35 can receive information such as altitude and airspeed about a target, then will refocus its own sensors to that location. In other words, I use my own radar to locate you at 20,000 ft, 300 kts, and heading east. Then in a burst transmission, I send the F-35 those numbers as I exit the area.

The F-22 and F-35 can do that to and from anyone, assuming the partners have the same communication protocols.

20 countries EU/Middle east against 1 poor country with latest tech of that era good to know, go fight with China/Russia than we know the real results @gambit ;):enjoy:

F-35 is 'fat' because:

mMOVUcC.png

Clear enough?

As for F-35 variants being breakfast material for Flankers backed by A-100, absolutely not. Su-35S can notice and identify an F-35 at under 20 KM distance and A-100 might increase this capacity to 35 - 40 KM for the Flanker at most - not looking good. F-35 will take out Russian junk from afar.

And F-35 is not underpowered - rather overpowered due to being very efficient in terms of power consumption (packing lot of punch in EW consequently) while equipped with a very powerful engine which ensure superior performance than even an F-18 variant in war-fighting situations, offsetting the pressures of VLO while at it. F-35 variants (Block 3F) are incredibly maneuverable with T/W ratio of over 1:1, seamless potential for very tight turn rates, and to defeat a threat even in upside down posture - let this sink in. All F-35 aircraft are being uplifted to Block 3F standard at present, and will be uplifted to even more capable Block 4 standard in the 2020s.

Last edited:

underpowered? F-35 has the most powerful engine ever fitted lmao

under armed? internally F-35 can carry 6 AIM-120Ds which is 2 more BVRs than the other current active stealth fighter J-20

f35missles.jpg

main-qimg-e11a1ad6c05e551082c46cadfd6cfb56.jpg

fat? have you even seen a fully armed 4th gen aircraft?

article_5c1395e37b3dc9_91482383.jpg

Russian Air Force doesn't even have A-100 in active service and has less than 100 Su-35S, US on the other hand has almost 600 stealth fighters across all branches.

You are delusional

Back
Top Bottom