What's new

F-22p News & Discussions

I knew that the date given to us earlier was far too long for just four frigates. I found out we were getting about 8 of these, but I waited for more confirmation to report this. I hope we can the newly-developed Chinese VLS on our frigates.

this was reported by pervaiz shamim sahib,

"Here is more info regarding the additional 4 F-22P according to Chines report with english translation below. Wonder why no one has reported since.

据《巴基斯坦国防部》网站4月29日报道,巴方已决定追加订购4艘F22P型(“江卫”II级 )护卫舰。该 报道称,4艘新购舰与巴方2005年订购的4艘相比,排水量将从原来的2400吨增至3000 吨,舰载武器 将在原有水平上得到进一步改善和提升。按照合同规定,全部的8艘F22P型护卫舰将在6年内全 部交付。其中 4艘将在巴基斯坦卡拉奇造船厂生产。目前第一艘已开建,预计2008年建成。
巴基斯坦海军现共有3艘驱逐舰,8艘护卫舰,由于没有制造大舰能力,巴基斯坦现只能通过购买获 得用以换装的 新舰.

English: Translation

According to "Pakistan Ministry of National Defense" Web site on April 29, Pakistan has decided to purchase four additional F22P type ( "Jiang Wei," Class II) frigate. The report said the four newly purchased ship with Pakistan in 2005 ordered four compared with a displacement from the original 2,400 tons to 3,000 tons, shipboard weapons at the same level has been further improved and enhanced. Under the contract, all of the eight-F22P frigates will be delivered in six years. Four of them will be in Karachi, Pakistan shipyard production. Currently, the construction has an expected completion in 2008."

????????4????F22P???(?)_??_???

I knew that the date given to us earlier was far too long for just four frigates. I found out we were getting about 8 of these, but I waited for more confirmation to report this. I hope we can the newly-developed Chinese VLS on our frigates.

this was reported by pervaiz shamim sahib,

"Here is more info regarding the additional 4 F-22P according to Chines report with english translation below. Wonder why no one has reported since.

据《巴基斯坦国防部》网站4月29日报道,巴方已决定追加订购4艘F22P型(“江卫”II级 )护卫舰。该 报道称,4艘新购舰与巴方2005年订购的4艘相比,排水量将从原来的2400吨增至3000 吨,舰载武器 将在原有水平上得到进一步改善和提升。按照合同规定,全部的8艘F22P型护卫舰将在6年内全 部交付。其中 4艘将在巴基斯坦卡拉奇造船厂生产。目前第一艘已开建,预计2008年建成。
巴基斯坦海军现共有3艘驱逐舰,8艘护卫舰,由于没有制造大舰能力,巴基斯坦现只能通过购买获 得用以换装的 新舰.

English: Translation

According to "Pakistan Ministry of National Defense" Web site on April 29, Pakistan has decided to purchase four additional F22P type ( "Jiang Wei," Class II) frigate. The report said the four newly purchased ship with Pakistan in 2005 ordered four compared with a displacement from the original 2,400 tons to 3,000 tons, shipboard weapons at the same level has been further improved and enhanced. Under the contract, all of the eight-F22P frigates will be delivered in six years. Four of them will be in Karachi, Pakistan shipyard production. Currently, the construction has an expected completion in 2008."

????????4????F22P???(?)_??_???

So wasnt PN interested in inducting something with more displacement then the F-22p, something like the new type 054. What happened to that? But anyways new frigates will certainly help PN raising its professional capabilities.

So wasnt PN interested in inducting something with more displacement then the F-22p, something like the new type 054. What happened to that? But anyways new frigates will certainly help PN raising its professional capabilities.
a while ago I stated that Pakistan is trying to give the navy more time to shine. I already said that we were going to buy a lot more, instead I had people demanding links. I guess I was right.:partay: sorry I just felt like doing that.

yeah, I heard they are trying to acquire about 4 type 054A from the Chinese, or the latest model which might be type 054B if possible. the A model would have a cold-launch VLS like the Russians, while type B model would have a hot-lauch VLS like the Americans. Funding is a problem, although most of the military acquisitions are being paid for by the money we saved up from the 'lost decade' or through US aid which is only for the F-16's and their own equipment.

Pakistan is definitely getting its hands on the Milgemm Corvette (awesome ASW vessel), which MAY (I hope) include a small VLS. we may only acquire one or two, shortly after the first few Milgemms, the project will evolve into the TF-1000. this larger vessel will definitely have VLS systems and I know the turks are trying to develop their own SAM's.

so right now, although Pakistan is cutting back on its purchases thanks to Zardari coming into power, we are riding this out with money saved over. there's also a lot of funding coming in from the military's commercial organs, but that's usually for R&D. If the economy gets better, insha'Allah the army takes over again, we can look forward to having anti-air warfare frigates and possibly destroyers, AAW FFG's and DDG's.

^^^guys dont get me wrong but i am still skeptical about the no of F-22P we are acquiring?

Good news inded the navy needs it!!!!!

air defense solution for PN new corvettes and frigates.

presenting....

Naval VL-MICA

MAIN FEATURES and ADVANTAGES
360° coverage
Vertical launch
Outstanding manoeuvrability (TVC)
Very short range interception capability against all types of threat

No dedicated Fire Control System
Fire and Forget missiles
Uses on board surveillance sensors
No dedicated console

Multi-target, Anti saturating
Salvo firing
No limitation on number of missiles simultaneously in flight
Any type of target
Fire and Forget missiles
Defeat of stream attack

All weather, all conditions
Day and night
Highly resistant to countermeasures by combining RF and IR technologies

RF and IR seekers

Easy integration
Modular installation adapted to ship structure and deck space
Adapted to stealthy ship’s design

Uses the on board surveillance sensors
Retrofit / Upgrade programmes

No risk solution
Proven missile
Proven launcher

CLICK HERE to watch VL-MICA video

Last edited by a moderator:
The close-in weapon system (CIWS) on F22P seems to be something quite new, not the AK630 previously thought, nor is it the Type730 fitted on newer PLAN ships like type 054A FFG, looks like a new modified Type 730 with Joint sensor..
The FM-90 SAM is a improved HQ-7 with faster speed and longer range missiles, and have an IR-tracking sensor, which is good vs high heat-creating supersonic missiles like the Russian/Indian Brahmos AShM.
Both of those Air defence systems are new and never seen installed on any previous PLAN ships before.

Last edited:
8 F-22p is great news! well is their any chance of converting 2-4 frigates for air defence with long range SAM like naval HQ-9 on Type 052C frigates as primary role? and how about standardizing naval VL-MICA on all PN frigates for self defence?

Back
Top Bottom