What's new

F-16 Ready for the Future

S_O_C_O_M

Reaction score
YouTube - F-16 Ready for the Future

F-16-Graphic.gif

There is one thing that always intrigued me. Why didn't UK had any in their inventory?

bcoz they have Typhoon far superior than F-16 s

Typhoon was introduced in 2003 and F-16's were the champs and still they are. Don't compare their earlier blocks with EF. Do you remember when F-16s were performing in Iraq war and performance of British Champ Tornados wasn't good and India stopped considering it's purchase. So question by deathfromabove is a very valid question.

Typhoon was introduced in 2003 and F-16's were the champs and still they are. Don't compare their earlier blocks with EF. Do you remember when F-16s were performing in Iraq war and performance of British Champ Tornados wasn't good and India stopped considering it's purchase. So question by deathfromabove is a very valid question.

tornados are 4 th gen fighters.....and f 16 are 4.5 gen fighter......i knoew that F 16 s are superior than tornadoes but not than typhoon

EF-2000! was only complete a few years back, he means to ask why havn't they??? given 30 years of service with other countries, why hasn't Britain bought any?
UK has a history of losing contracts to rival US companies when it comes to defense sales..They have or had many military jets which they produced indigenous but had no or limited foreign buyers..RAF was the only major buyer of most jet fighters they produced..If had gone for F-16..many of their own production jets had no buyers.

F-16 lived a very glamorous life among the different NATO and ex-CENTO/SEATO forces totally. But now it has outlived itself and anyone considering its purchase is simply buyting into an old aircraft in a new package. Block 80 offered to IAF is as new as it can get but the future of light multirole fighters belongs to SAAB Gripen NG, Tejas series (Mk-2 onwards) and FC-1.

Gripen is more agile and versatile than F-16s, has a lot of advantages over it and still somehow is not able to withstand the American charm offensive on different countries.

F-16 lived a very glamorous life among the different NATO and ex-CENTO/SEATO forces totally. But now it has outlived itself and anyone considering its purchase is simply buyting into an old aircraft in a new package. Block 80 offered to IAF is as new as it can get but the future of light multirole fighters belongs to SAAB Gripen NG, Tejas series (Mk-2 onwards) and FC-1.

Gripen is more agile and versatile than F-16s, has a lot of advantages over it and still somehow is not able to withstand the American charm offensive on different countries.

:undecided::undecided: I didn't know there is block 80 :blink::blink: I am not even sure about block 70.

block 70 was offered to IAF ...........not block 80...............block 80 doesnt exist

get ur knowledge rit.................US offered India f 16 block 70....more advanced than what they have been giving to pakistan
LOL .... I wonder from where Pakistan came into the discussion.

Anyway

F16 india have in MRCA is F16IN. There is no such thing as Block 70. Its fanboy name.

This is Lockheed martin's website page on F16IN. If there anywhere written Block 70 on this official page of lockheed martin do quote.

F-16IN Super Viper | Lockheed Martin

bcoz they have Typhoon far superior than F-16 s

RAF operated F-86s and were eventually replaced by hunters. RAF did not have a agile plane such as the F-16 back in 80s and thats where the question comes in, why didnt the RAF operate the F-16s?

Back
Top Bottom