What's new

F-16 program not stopped: US Embassy

1 F-16 blk 52 has yet to be delivered
4 F-16 blk 15 MLU pattern a/c are to be delivered.

this is what the US Embassy has clarified.
just chill!

the rumour in our media was started by Express News TV in which Sh.Rashid blurted out that the F-16s will not be delivered without any proof.

additionally the US Embassy also means that the MLU program in Turkey will also continue.

But Pakistan is even interested in old and used F16s :lol::lol:
if you need source then I can post here

Thts why till now no customer for J10 and J17 ??? ;)
we are interested in f-16s
we want to raise the f-16s to 150 in total
that why we are talking for more use f-16s
well it is good decision by usa not to stop the supply of f-16s

we need to improve our own aircraft's and make them best in world don't buy American things if they are inferior .

can someone tell jf thunder is better or f16 ?

we need to improve our own aircraft's and make them best in world don't buy American things if they are inferior .

can someone tell jf thunder is better or f16 ?

Yara this topic has been discussed to death in JF17 Sticky thread , have a look at it.

They(France) have long history of selling aircrafts to all countries and no one doubt them, one the other hand China till now able to sell only Russian copies not their own ......

Atleast just try to copy a fighter aircraft properly first ... Your cinderella hasn't been stepping out for almost 3 decades now ... You should be the last one to talk about making a fighter plane having decades of experience in license production and still unable to make LCA operational :lol:

China has sold JFT and J 10 to Pakistan ... Enlighten me which aircraft are these both copies of ... Lavi , some Mig 33 or a combination of two ... Pick your choice ... I will wait ...

guys a lot of members here were condemning the US for stopping the sale (which turned out to be false) , now they have clarified .why do you still want it ? i mean according to most the J17 is better and a lot cheaper.

F 16 production will stop after F-16IQ's delivered,US embassy only clarified that the Blk52+ will be delivered along with the MLU's.

guys a lot of members here were condemning the US for stopping the sale (which turned out to be false) , now they have clarified .why do you still want it ? i mean according to most the J17 is better and a lot cheaper.
Bro these aren't some new purchases of F16 ... These planes were already paid for and about 4-5 of them are undergoing upgradation ... We only want what is rightfully ours ... The US of A has used these tactics in the past so its no rocket science that we expected nothing better this time too ... Fortunately , it turned out to be false ... Think of France stopping the delivery of Rafale after receiving 20 Billion ... Wont it anger you ?

Production of the Lockheed Martin F-16 will begin to shut down or experience "significant gaps", unless the company secures new orders for the fighter by the end of the year.

Chief executive Bob Stevens said Lockheed is still waiting on procurement decisions from Iraq and Oman and from the US government, on whether to sell new F-16s to Taiwan.

Although Lockheed has told customers it plans to stop production by the end of 2013, securing additional commitments is vital to the programme, he said.

"We have, at the same time, advised that if we don't receive firm commitments for additional F-16s on or about the end of this year, then the line will certainly begin to shut down, if not have a significant gap.

"I think that's caused a number of our global customers to evaluate their inventory needs," he added.

The company expects to deliver about 40 of the aircraft next year, with a large proportion of them assembled by Turkish Aerospace Industries for the Turkish air force, under a 2007 deal for 30 F-16 Block 50+ fighters.

Lockheed looks for extra F-16 orders

===========================

Well that is what the plan is.
But then again F-16 was to be retired from US service in 2010 and replaced by F-35.
So far has not happened

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom