What's new

F-16 Pic with MLU

circuitbaba

Reaction score

I saw this pic of F-16 with JSOW AMRAAM and SIDEWINDER ...can anybody tell me this pic is real or is it Commp generated...the tale has a pakistani flag

Attachments

• F-16%282%29.jpg
    F-16%282%29.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 415
thats what i think too as the serial number is correct plus 2 PAF F-16 are in US being updated to MLU-3..maybe its one of them

I think Think tanks should take a close look at this beauity!
I dough this photo is a PS job, they could be the first 2 MLU in US.

Where is AMRAAM. The missiles on the wingtop are probably AIM-9P, other two are AIM 9-L, Then JSOW and fuel drop tanbks.

May be I am wrong but where are AMRAAM.

I think Think tanks should take a close look at this beauity!
I dough this photo is a PS job, they could be the first 2 MLU in US.

take a look at the background. dense trees. PAF bases usually have wild grass shrubs around the runway perimeters not dense trees, it is almost like a forest.!
could be the US!

take a look at the background. dense trees. PAF bases usually have wild grass shrubs around the runway perimeters not dense trees, it is almost like a forest.!
could be the US!

yes like i said, this could be one of the 2-4 PAF F-16s in US under going MLU. i think they also had some structural upgrades on the ruder floor ( whats the right term?).

If anyone can enlarge the canopy section 'cause I think the name of the pilot(US)is written right below it.

If anyone can enlarge the canopy section 'cause I think the name of the pilot(US)is written right below it.

r u sure because the names of pak pilots are also written on the planes!

way to go indian! but didnt you even take a look at the ruder? or the paint scheme?
names on PAF F-16.

This is not an MLU F-16. One of the most visible changes on a MLU aircraft are the 4 Hazeltine advanced IFF antenna bulges in the front of the canopy. These are known as the "Bird Slicers" and are used to guide "BVR weapons delivery in excess of Radar/Missile limits and the enhanced situational awareness which reduces the chance of a fratricide."

See this Belgian MLU with the four slicers at the front:
http://www.f-16.net/gallery_item17820.html

Last edited:
Where is AMRAAM. The missiles on the wingtop are probably AIM-9P, other two are AIM 9-L, Then JSOW and fuel drop tanbks.

May be I am wrong but where are AMRAAM.

The missiles on the wingtips are AIM-120s, but again, this is not a PAF F-16. Its a PS job.

r u sure because the names of pak pilots are also written on the planes!

Sir,

X-man and MuradK can confirm, but on our aircraft, its not the names of the pilots, rather those of the airmen/senior aircraft technicians that go on the aircraft. The birds belong to these technicians and ground crew. The pilots can be rotated around.

This is not an MLU F-16. One of the most visible changes on a MLU aircraft are the 4 Hazeltine advanced IFF antenna bulges in the front of the canopy. These are known as the "Bird Slicers" and are used to guide "BVR weapons delivery in excess of Radar/Missile limits and the enhanced situational awareness which reduces the chance of a fratricide."

See this Belgian MLU with the four slicers at the front:
http://www.f-16.net/gallery_item17820.html

do have a look at the fallowing pic.
accfc7318a4a772a4c34021d34e54596.jpg

here you have most probably a block 52 with amraam but has no "bird slicers" infact most of USAF f-16 fleet dont have that. you can not just rule out the possiblity of this F-16 not being our MLU based on "bird slicer" absence.

Back
Top Bottom