What's new

F-16 of Pakistan Air Force

On April 16, 1987, Pakistan Air Force F-16 flown by Squadron Leader Badar-ul-Islam shoot down an intruding Afghan Su-22 near Thal area during the Afghan War. Squadron Leader Saif-ur-Rahman was the Air Defence Controller on radar for this mission.

1668002133045.png

F 16 are with older versions of amram are now useless either we get new block 70 or use these to replace the role of old mirages

We need better missiles with them to atleast bring them at par even block 50 don't have AESA RADAR old pulse Doppler new varient can be jammed by indian EW

F 16 are with older versions of amram are now useless either we get new block 70 or use these to replace the role of old mirages

We need better missiles with them to atleast bring them at par even block 50 don't have AESA RADAR old pulse Doppler new varient can be jammed by indian EW

Are we talking about Planet earth here ? Or this one in far off galaxy ?

D

Ident get what you are trying to say

I am saying that what you wrote earlier isn't applicable in planet earth as I know it. AMRAAMs AIM-120C are not useless at all. Secondly, indian EW has not reached to a point that it can jam PAF F-16s. SU-30s avionics and their air to air missiles are definitely inferior to F-16s / Amraams. It will take them a long time if they go ahead with their upgrade plan for Sukhois and even then how capable will it get is another debate. I thought your post is sarcastic that you said our old F-16s are obsolete.

Remember, we still fly 100s of 2nd & 3rd gen fighters. The F-16s (even older versions) are very potent platforms still.

As far as F-16 block 70s are concerned, do understand that Pakistan will NEVER get those. US is now very selective to countries that it will give military capabilities. Even NATO member like Turkey is doing rounds and rounds of talks and lobbying to get Block 70s.

IMO, We have to be very satisfied what PAF is today given our extremely weak economic condition. PAF have come a long way. Remember 10-12 years ago we even didn't had BVR capability, we didn't had AEW&Cs, We didn't had aerial fuel tankers. The whole Jf-17 fleet, F-16 block 52s, J-10Cs, AWACS, fuel tankers all arrived in very short duration. Last one decade is total transformation already.

We will gradually see JF-17s IIIs further added (10-12 per year) and maybe more J-10Cs towards the end of this decade. This is the only scenario that I see for PAF. So be happy what we already got and don't expect any other platforms like block 70s or else.

Pakistan - India Stand off ... 2001 -02

1669920601819.png

ACM Mushaf Ali Mir with President & COAS General Musharraf and other high ranking Officials on an Operational Base of PAF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom