What's new

F-16 Block 15MLU/50/52 Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
wanted to know when will we receive our f-16s? i heard that second hand f-16 would be landing in pakistan in 7-8 months is that so? and when will we recieve new f-16s?

anyone plzzz reply

Tusas Aerospace Industries to upgrade Pakistani F-16s

November 23, 2006 (by Lieven Dewitte) - Turkish Defense Minister Vecdi Gonul was in Pakistan attending the IDEAS 2006 Defense Industry Fair where he met with Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf on Tuesday.
Gonul said that they had agreed on a deal to upgrade and modernize Pakistan's F-16 fighters.

The Turkish Tusas Aerospace Industries (TAI) will handle the work.

TUSAS is an acronym which stands for Tusas Ucak Sanayii AS, or Turkish Aircraft Industries, which is a company owned jointly by Turkish and American shareholders.

According to the Pakistani Daily Times Pakistan Air Chief Air Marshal Rashad Kaleem recently said that the US will begin providing new F-16 jet fighters to Pakistan from December 2008 onwards, and would provide all by 2009-end.

http://www.f-16.net/news_article2063.html

okkk thanx but i heard that use f-16s would be provided within 7-8 months

I'm confused here. Earlier it was reported that PAF would take early delivery of the embargoed 28 block 15 F-16A/B which are in storage in US.
These birds were to have MLU-III by the manufacturer and handed over to PAF in 2007. :read:

I guess the used F-16s will be handed over to PAF in 2007. We have already recieved 2 of them in December 2005.

The upgrades for our existing F-16s with Turkey will go through in 2007.

The new F-16s will be coming in 2008-09.

I hope it helps.

I guess the used F-16s will be handed over to PAF in 2007. We have already recieved 2 of them in December 2005.

I hope it helps.

The embargoed ones, if i am not mistaken are stored in Texas and just need MLU's to be handed over. The block 52's though shall be new i think.

The embargoed ones, if i am not mistaken are stored in Texas and just need MLU's to be handed over. The block 52's though shall be new i think.

28 Pakistani AF F-16A/B aircraft was stored there out of which 2 have already been delivered and 26 remaining Peace Gate III/IV aircraft will also be upgraded to MLU standards:flag: .

The Aim-120c's, ECM package and New Block 52 F-16's havent been cleared by the congress, cuz pakistani government hasnt allowed the aircraft makers to table them. This because of a lot of tags being kept US which the pakistani establishment has refused to accept, Talks are goin on, lIt will be solved

I hope it helps.
It is too late! Pakistan was expected to get the deliveries of these aircrafts sooner. It seems that a lot of internal politics is going on in defense department. I doubt, that if this is the case then Pakistan would ever be able to acquire these birds!
Kashif

even i think that by the end of 2008 the very high chance of a decomacrat govt coming to to washington may jeopordize the deal no matter what its the ground realaties at the end of the the f-16s are not ours till all of them mlu's/block 56's combined are deliverd to pakistan on the ground there will be very high risk of washington stopping it as the saying goes you dont have it till you dont get it IMHO.

The Aim-120c's, ECM package and New Block 52 F-16's havent been cleared by the congress, cuz pakistani government hasnt allowed the aircraft makers to table them. This because of a lot of tags being kept US which the pakistani establishment has refused to accept, Talks are goin on, lIt will be solved

It has all been cleared. This happened about 3 months ago. Here is a tidbit about the AMRAAMS:

Raytheon Awarded Pakistani Contract
Raytheon Co., Tucson, Ariz., is being awarded a $269,646,834 firm-fixed-price contract modification. This action is exercising an option to purchase 500 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM)
Air Vehicles (AAVs) Air Intercept Missile (AIM) – 120C-5 missiles and rehost. This effort supports foreign military sales to Pakistan 100%. At this time, total funds have been obligated. This work will be complete April 2011. Headquarters Medium Range Missile Systems Group, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla., is the contracting activity

It has all been cleared. This happened about 3 months ago.

blain

wat about those US tags on the new technology and the talk of bugs. I am sure a lot of it is just media hype to grab headlines,

Hi guys, uploaded this brief clip on youtube about 2weeks ago about PAK's new F-16 landing in Dec 2005!

Last edited by a moderator:
blain

wat about those US tags on the new technology and the talk of bugs. I am sure a lot of it is just media hype to grab headlines,

We are not getting DRFM with the jamming pods...that is it. PAF has tabled that capability for a later acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom