What's new

F-10 critics

Don't take me wrong but from the day one I'm not inclined with induction of J-10. Without getting in to the details of quality and comparison.
Adding different types of aircrafts with similar capabilities will add to difficulties in operation and training and will not add much otherwise.
Please don't overlook the fact that JF-17 is also 50% chinese and was produced at the same time when J-10 was produced with more Pakistani participation. Which is based on proven F-16 lines where as J-10 is developed on Lavi lines, which never was even fully tested.

I think in next 2-3 years, what PAF will seriously lag would be AESA radars.
So I think PAF should only concentrate on JF-17 and aquairing AESA radars.

I wish, PAF put all its energies to accelerate the production of JF-17 rather than going through the process of J-10 procurement, which also involve detailed testing.

Dont suspect the performance of J-10. You just feel safe when JF-20 flights in pakistani sky.
I think any 4+ gen. Aircrafts would do the same.
There are too many secrets attched with J-10 and I would rather support waiting few years and going for J-XX.
For short term needs of strike fighter Pakistan should aquire some western jet e.g. if possible F-35 or Rafale or should increase the numbers of its F-16.
Multi role, light weight JF-17 can also work fine for strike and again is comparable to J-10.
I strongly believe that air frame of JF-17 is as manuverable as F-16.

I think the only reason is investing in the j-10 right now is to counter the Indian Air Force which is growing technologically and in numbers and is not allowing Pakistan to even come close to it when it comes to air superiority because of what happened in the 1960's and 1970's war. But other then that it will in the feature go for the j-xx it was even hinted in a news article a few months back. And also the reason why Pakistan is going for the J-10 right now is because it wants another fighter that has a longer range and the ability to carry more payload then the current JF-17 aside from the F-16. And besides the J-10 is considered more maneuverable then the current F-16 so there you have it

The Chengdu J-10 (traditional Chinese: 殲十; simplified Chinese: 歼十; pinyin: Jiān Shí, meaning "Annihilator (Fighter) Ten") is a 4.5 generation multirole fighter aircraft designed and produced by the People's Republic of China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (CAC) for the People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF). Known in the West as the "Vigorous Dragon",[5] the J-10 is a multi-role combat aircraft capable of all-weather day/night operation.

The J-10 next-generation fighter program remained a top-secret classified project until December 29 2006, when the Xinhua News Agency officially disclosed its active duty status with the PLAAF.

:bounce:Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

can someone compare the j-10 to the gripen c. which is a better fighter?

can someone compare the j-10 to the gripen c. which is a better fighter?

They are in a different class. the Gripen is more in the class of light fighter like JF17. In this class it reigns supreme being omniroleand having one of the finest link systems in the world.
J10 is in the class of F16 medium weight fighters. Present configuration being unknown it is allegedly a good AS bl. 40.
Hope this answers your question
WaSalam
Araz

They are in a different class. the Gripen is more in the class of light fighter like JF17. In this class it reigns supreme being omniroleand having one of the finest link systems in the world.
J10 is in the class of F16 medium weight fighters. Present configuration being unknown it is allegedly a good AS bl. 40.
Hope this answers your question
WaSalam
Araz

thanks you tried. but i want information on armament ,radar, defensive electronics, dodging missles etc

Back
Top Bottom