What's new

Exodus of northeastern people: Pakistan rejects India's 'cooked up' charges

How many more threads on this topic?
so-hot-031.png

I'm outta here!
bg.gif

somebody invite you ? ja apna kam ker we will open daily 30-40 threads on it koi takleef ? bandwidth is ours ;)

To tell you the truth 60% of Indian population (may be 90%) don't even know what ISI is. Around 90 don't care about Pakistan. Just because there are too many Indian members on this forum, it doesn't mean common Indian think of Pakistan day and night. We just think when a bomb blasts or some minister blame you, rest we always think about our problems and internal reasons.

Pakistan and ISI are not a common topic in India.

you saying 90 % dont watch daily news in india......a little exaggerated dont you think?

That is just cheap, India is blaming its problems on Pakistan, making it an escape goat. Pathetic, a 13 year old Pakistani can send an SMS to India and disrupt Indian states??
why spend so much money on high tech weaponry, when you can send an SMS to India on cheap Chinese mobile with Zong connection... what a joke they are making themselves to be...

This is very silly from the Indian Govt.

Pakistani Govt doesn't have control over these events, just like the case of fake wikileaks incident.

For instance during Prophet Mohammed cartoon controversy, there were some fake cartoons that surfaced from Spain.

Does that make Spain's Govt responsible for outrages in the Islamic communities?

Yep, the old blame it on Pakistan.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...issue-Pak-envoy-says/articleshow/15850425.cms

Exodus of northeast Indians: Morphed pictures India's local issue, Pak envoy says
Sachin Parashar, TNN | Aug 28, 2012, 12.46AM IST

NEW DELHI: With the government barely producing any evidence to back its claims that morphed images instigating violence against northeasterners originated in the neighbourhood, Pakistan's high commissioner to India, Salman Bashir, on Monday cautioned New Delhi that internationalizing the issue may not be in its interest. In an exclusive interview to TOI, Bashir offered full cooperation from his government on the issue, but added that recrimination in public was not going to help.

"I have three points to make on this issue...personal opinion in some sense and the first is that I don't think that it would be appropriate for any country to internationalize their domestic situation," he said. He was responding to a query about the allegations made by the Union home secretary R K Singh on TV last week.

"Secondly, as far as the accusations are concerned, I must say that the interior minister of Pakistan called the Indian home minister and offered to extend full cooperation into what had been attributed to the Indian home secretary. The third point is that it is extremely important that instead of getting into an accusatory mode, the two countries must learn to cooperate because recrimination, especially in public domain, doesn't help anyone," he added.

Bashir also disclosed that there was no merit in suggestions made by the government that Pakistan had not informed India initially that the judicial commission, which came here earlier this year to record statements in the 26/11 attacks, needed to cross-examine witnesses too. "We had told them, absolutely. Point-scoring of this nature is not helpful, it is time that sober people of this country took an objective view...I believe it is important for everybody to understand that there are civilized ways to deal with issues," he said. The judicial commission's report was rejected by Pakistani courts because it had failed to cross-examine witnesses. Pakistan is awaiting nod from India to send the team again.

When asked if there was a deliberate attempt by some in the country to queer the pitch ahead of PM Manmohan Singh's meeting with President Asif Ali Zardari in Tehran and also the foreign ministry-level dialogue in Islamabad next week, Bashir said he was convinced that there was a genuine desire at the leadership level in both the countries "to move ahead and to keep the atmosphere right and bridge the trust deficit".

"The conversations which have taken place have been productive even on difficult issues like terrorism. Unfortunately what is happening in public domain or media doesn't reflect the intent and the spirit that is there behind the dialogue process," said Bashir, who as former foreign secretary was one of the architects of the Indo-Pak re-engagement process that started in 2010. He was asked about Pakistan's grievance that Indian authorities launch propaganda against it instead of first sharing evidence.

Talking about expectations from the upcoming crucial meetings in Tehran and Islamabad, Bashir said that there was no issue in the Indo-Pak bilateral agenda which was not a doable "provided there was a political will" and that it was in Pakistan's interest to solve issues like J&K and Siachen. "I want to emphatically dismiss this impression that Pakistan is a house divided. There is no civil-military divide. Pakistan's strategic establishment is dictated by its national interest and I want this to be clearly understood by everybody," he added.

This is very silly from the Indian Govt.

Pakistani Govt doesn't have control over these events, just like the case of fake wikileaks incident.

For instance during Prophet Mohammed cartoon controversy, there were some fake cartoons that surfaced from Spain.

Does that make Spain's Govt responsible for outrages in the Islamic communities?

True but I also think that the the government has cynically used this to divert attention from the domestic behaviour of some Muslim organisations & individuals. Easy to shift focus & blame on Pakistan rather than face up to reality & deal with some unpleasant truths closer to home. This, i believe has been one way to divert what might have been a huge amount of public pressure to crackdown hard on some Muslim groups; once the Pakistani bogey was raised, everyone seems to have forgotten the events that happened in India itself. This kind of obfuscation only works for some time. Just like the situation in Assam was allowed to fester for years only to take a real ugly shape, this kind of ostrich behaviour might result in similar occurrence sometime in the near future.

True but I also think that the the government has cynically used this to divert attention from the domestic behaviour of some Muslim organisations & individuals. Easy to shift focus & blame on Pakistan rather than face up to reality & deal with some unpleasant truths closer to home. This, i believe has been one way to divert what might have been a huge amount of public pressure to crackdown hard on some Muslim groups; once the Pakistani bogey was raised, everyone seems to have forgotten the events that happened in India itself. This kind of obfuscation only works for some time. Just like the situation in Assam was allowed to fester for years only to take a real ugly shape, this kind of ostrich behaviour might result in similar occurrence sometime in the near future.

The current UPA Govt is falling apart, added to overload the recent coal audit report

The current UPA Govt is falling apart, added to overload the recent coal audit report

Doesn't really matter if you pick Tweedledee or Tweedledum. No real difference. One is doing Muslim communalism & the other doing Hindu communalism with both cynically exploiting the sentiments of those dumb enough to fall for their tricks. Each one, claiming, again cynically, that the other type of communalism is worse than their own couched in fantastic terms like secular, pseudo-secular and so on.

A really sad state to be in.

Back
Top Bottom