What's new

Exercise “Vijayee Bhava” begins today

Wasn't this exercise planned ahead of time? Why are pakistanis getting so fussy lol

And if anyone has any pictures of the exercise, do post them.

Thanks in advance :)

DRDO to test military platforms at Army’s ongoing exercise

DRDO to test military platforms at Army’s ongoing exercise - Brahmand.com

NEW DELHI (PTI): Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) would be testing some of the new military platforms during the Indian Army's six day-long ongoing exercise 'Vijayee Bhava' in northern Rajasthan.

The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) would also be testing its satellite capabilities to connect to a real-time war-like situation.

"ISRO is keenly watching the efficacy and robustness of its satellite down-links for the field forces," an army spokesperson said here Tuesday.

Western Army Commander, Lieutenant General S R Ghosh Tuesday reviewed the six day-long exercise and briefed the operational commander.

Over 50,000 troops are taking part in the exercise, which is being conducted by Chandigarh-based Western Army Command.

Army is putting into test some of the new concepts derived from its transformational studies carried by it in the last few years.

The purpose of the exercise is to transform Army into a lean, agile and enabled force ready to tackle the developing security situation in today's scenario.

The concept of dedicated Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) units would also be validated during the exercise to enhance operational situational awareness.

Seems to be similar to the once shown in the Indo-Russian exercise not to long ago.

indorussiajointexercise295.jpg

url

Rather then these..

url

url

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dPDa2OjaWvQ/TckpZ6xTkgI/AAAAAAAANEY/B2D_62_MLp4/s1600/2-766547.JPG

Here is a link to the picture, you can zoom in. And see what I am talking about.

Im not too sure though.

Yes I believe it is. But is it such a surprise that a country with a defence budget of $36 BILLION is giving their soldiers some decent helmets? It odes seem, though, that the IA/MoD in general is placing more empashis on SF (and regular PARAS in theis case) and are upgrading them at an impressive rate accordingly.

2-766547.JPG

Look at the helmet

3-768273.JPG

I know this might sound a bit amateurish but as the rear ramp on the M-17 is electronically operated is it removed for fast roping/para jumping out of the back? If so this is a bit ridiculous and time consuming for ops if they all have to be configured for this op and it must be pretty complex if it is hydraulic/electronically operated. It seems rather medeival compared to modern designs like Merlin (AW101) Chinook etc. It seems like a major drawback if so.

I know this might sound a bit amateurish but as the rear ramp on the M-17 is electronically operated is it removed for fast roping/para jumping out of the back? If so this is a bit ridiculous and time consuming for ops if they all have to be configured for this op and it must be pretty complex if it is hydraulic/electronically operated. It seems rather medeival compared to modern designs like Merlin (AW101) Chinook etc. It seems like a major drawback if so.

Ramp on the Mi-17?
There is no ramp on the Mi-17s. There is a pair of "Clamshell doors" fixed on mechanical pivots/hinges. Takes a few minutes to remove. They are removed in case of Personnel insertion/Para Dropping/Slithering sorties. Nothing electrical/electronic/hydraulic.

Ramp on the Mi-17?
There is no ramp on the Mi-17s. There is a pair of "Clamshell doors" fixed on mechanical pivots/hinges. Takes a few minutes to remove. They are removed in case of Personnel insertion/Para Dropping/Slithering sorties. Nothing electrical/electronic/hydraulic.
Actually I think the "clamshell doors" are only on the M-8, the M-17s have hydraulic/electric rear ramps:
Please skip to 2.43 to see what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom