What's new

Exclusive-India's Future Main Battle Tank (FMBT)

kitty_bag.jpg

bili kay khwab mai chichare :lol:

I think India can do this. Look we have technology of T-90s and we have the capability of developing tanks as we have proved this by developing Arjun. So I think we can do this. Even Russian Future tanks will be based on T-90. As per what i have read from sources like wikipedia, Russia has stopped working on T-95 and have decided to advance the T-90 tanks. As per the report this is a very big project and thats why we can even go for a JV with Russia.
We have to do these developments quickly. The only problem is the delay before the designing process starts. Our neighbors are also getting new tanks like Pakistan is getting Chinese Type 90-IIM (Al-Khalid), China has Type 96 & Type 99. Its now time for us to develop our Future MBT with or without any help. With the capability defined for our FMBT, we might develop one of the finest MBT in the world but I think we should ask Russia to join us in this project because they are really the best in the MBT business.

India should first try to make the arjun project work, mk2-mk3 etc before deciding to to develop a FMBT. Ordering less then 250 arjuns after spending so much on its development is stupid (even with all its faults).

I remember here in the UK the first batch of Challenger tanks, were naff, but we kept working on it and now its considered pretty good, if a bit overweight.

India should take this evolutionary approach....instead of buying russian all the time.

India should first try to make the arjun project work, mk2-mk3 etc
Yeah there are more prototype of arjun coming. According to reports there are around 90 changes to be made in the next prototype, 12 new technologies will be developed and incorporated in mk2 like:
1) automatic target locating, tracking and destruction
2) Tank Urban Survival Kit ( includes defensive aids like laser warning, IR jammer, and aerosol smoke grenade system)
3) Laser Warning Control System
4) Self-diagnostic system
5) Battle Field Management System (BFMS)
6) 1500bhp engine
7) NERA (non-explosive reactive armor)
Also as i have heard, Air-conditioning system for the crew will surely be there.

I think if India manages to develop these features than DRDO can scrap that FMBT project and whatever extra demands are there, they can be included in mkIII.

Back
Top Bottom