What's new

Exclusive Griffins Boss Rocks the Venue

There was a full loop in there but the camera stopped recording at the end so you could not see it. All in all, I would give it a 5/10. Why no aileron rolls? I would rate the alpha pass at 2/10....the AoA was too low and speed too high. Why the hell cant PAF pilots do the high alpha pass without engaging the speed brakes? The way the turks, the dutch and the Thunderbirds do it is that they slow the speed with a high AoA AND without engaging the speed brakes and this way they get a much higher AoA and with a much lower stall speed so it is much more I impressive than the way PAF does it...why can we learn it the way others do it? Whatever happened to the aileron rolls? Even though it was just 2 rolls (rather than three) it was better than nothing

can anyone stop that stupid song with this display? it sounds like the guy is frigging crying and is very unprofessional to have stupid sounding songs like this playing
Maybe trying to prevent excessive air-frame fatigue. PAF doesn't have those luxuries as enjoyed by UAE or Turkey where they can spare a F16 just for air-shows.F16 parts and spares are hard to come by for PAF. I believe the F16 for the Pakistan Day Parade was taken from active duty, so wouldn't rate that performance so badly.

Maybe trying to prevent excessive air-frame fatigue. PAF doesn't have those luxuries as enjoyed by UAE or Turkey where they can spare a F16 just for air-shows.F16 parts and spares are hard to come by for PAF. I believe the F16 for the Pakistan Day Parade was taken from active duty, so wouldn't rate that performance so badly.
Nope...that is not the case. Bottom line....the display is good BUT can be better.....if they want it to be on a world class level.

It's worth remembering that most airshows and flying demonstrations around the world take place above airfields or seaside and other open spaces like countryside.
How many times have you noticed a display taking place over a venue less than half size of an air base which is again located in the Capital.

That is true. The last two airshows I went to were over the water by the beach in California ... open to public and allowed for much much more participants/spectators.

Back
Top Bottom