What's new

Exclusive Griffins Boss Rocks the Venue

I always found UAE F-16 solo demo more thrilling instead of the PAF one...
None of our pilots truly practice for displays or confined airspace. As such this also has to do with the nature of airspace itself.

A strictly controlled airspace like the US or even UAE instills a lot of practice on exact maneuvering within parameters; I went nuts trying to get all the different airspace and entry/exit rules and procedures. Most practice areas too have enforced altitude decks and boundaries.
In Pakistan however, interpretation of both air corridors and airspace seems to be a forethought for the military.

None of our pilots truly practice for displays or confined airspace. As such this also has to do with the nature of airspace itself.

A strictly controlled airspace like the US or even UAE instills a lot of practice on exact maneuvering within parameters; I went nuts trying to get all the different airspace and entry/exit rules and procedures. Most practice areas too have enforced altitude decks and boundaries.
In Pakistan however, interpretation of both air corridors and airspace seems to be a forethought for the military.
I'm wondering if SoloTurk would have his maneuvers look lax over Islamabad due to the airspace restrictions.....it is all about the mentality. If these air shows become more of a public event and less of an air force's event then maybe there will be some progress (my thoughts come from my old man who was Sherdils 3, F-7P & F-16A display pilot....)....I can be wrong, so please forgive me in advance about my comments.

I'm wondering if SoloTurk would have his maneuvers look lax over Islamabad due to the airspace restrictions.....it is all about the mentality. If these air shows become more of a public event and less of an air force's event then maybe there will be some progress (my thoughts come from my old man who was Sherdils 3, F-7P & F-16A display pilot....)....I can be wrong, so please forgive me in advance about my comments.
There is little knowledge given to the public other than idiotic bellicose or cats meow songs. Compare that to the USAF shows were being an aviation enthusiast is encouraged and access to airshows isn’t restricted to doing displays in Islamabad or at most on weekdays at Karachi.

Imagine the impact if PSL opening was in Pakistan and the PAF did a fly over and jump as it is done for every superbowl.

Airshows done for each city and the public encouraged to participate rather than just the elite of Islamabad or the F-9 crowd.

Ironically, the 90s were much more engaging with open houses at all major air bases and common public in full attendance.

There is little knowledge given to the public other than idiotic bellicose or cats meow songs. Compare that to the USAF shows were being an aviation enthusiast is encouraged and access to airshows isn’t restricted to doing displays in Islamabad or at most on weekdays at Karachi.

Imagine the impact if PSL opening was in Pakistan and the PAF did a fly over and jump as it is done for every superbowl.

Airshows done for each city and the public encouraged to participate rather than just the elite of Islamabad or the F-9 crowd.

Ironically, the 90s were much more engaging with open houses at all major air bases and common public in full attendance.
Bloody Civilians,aren't canny enough to grasp things related to Defence.

F-16 is a brilliant machine and always a treat to watch but nothing shouts more nationalism than a JF-17 performing hard maneuvers.
Solo Turk is going to perform as well and it's a stripped out F-16. PAF has a green painted JF-17 which is often displayed on special events, I doubt it is used for combat duty because of it's camo. Maybe PAC Kamra uses it for testing?
If it's still not active for combat duty and still painted green, what are the chances PAF convert it into their variant of solo Turk, stripped out of combat electronics and radar it should be more maneuverable and will be good for JF-17 PR. Why waste F-16 flight hours.

It's worth remembering that most airshows and flying demonstrations around the world take place above airfields or seaside and other open spaces like countryside.
How many times have you noticed a display taking place over a venue less than half size of an air base which is again located in the Capital.

29513229_277287466139820_8529639593935037571_n.jpg

Thunder rider did much more and energetic maneuvers that day.

If no one makes a JF-17 air demo video with "Thunder" by the Imagine Dragons then there really is no justice in the world....

It's worth remembering that most airshows and flying demonstrations around the world take place above airfields or seaside and other open spaces like countryside.
How many times have you noticed a display taking place over a venue less than half size of an air base which is again located in the Capital.

Then Solo Turk should also have to reduce their display timing and performance....

I am looking this picture wow so nice looking .Sir sorry its not relevant to the subject but can Drones take videos of Fly Past tomorrow 23rd March ??? just think what a Nice Photos and Close Videos of Fighter Jets never seen before

lets see how the solo turk performs. they will be having the same playground.

Then Solo Turk should also have to reduce their display timing and performance....
Isn't that like comparing Trapeze Artist with knife throwing act.
Solo Turk is a dedicated display team that travels world over to solely perform aerobatics where as PAF pilots mostly carryout their combat manoeuvres..... does the UAEAF Viper display lasts for same as Solo Turk or the usual Five minute window. !!!

Isn't that like comparing Trapeze Artist with knife throwing act.
Solo Turk is a dedicated display team that travels world over to solely perform aerobatics where as PAF pilots mostly carryout their combat manoeuvres..... does the UAEAF Viper display lasts for same as Solo Turk or the usual Five minute window. !!!
But you mentioned that area is not enough that's why I put it out like that....there is very little or no difference at all whether PAF solo demos are over Islamabad or at their respective bases...routine is almost the same...

The UAE Viper and the Lockheed Martin test pilots who demo the F-16 in Europe have about a 7-8 minute demonstration showcasing the capabilities of the F-16....the skill of the pilot is taken into account based on the display he's putting out.

You have to remember there are normally 2 types of people watching Air displays. One is the general crowd....and the other are people who follow airshows....so there will be criticism where our displays can be improved.....and no harm done there to see improvements.

Back
Top Bottom