DaRk WaVe

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ex-ISI officer fears for life, asks govt to accept militants� demands

Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Mushtaq Yusufzai

PESHAWAR: A former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) official, Col (R) Ameer Sultan alias Col Imam, who is in custody of militants for four months in North Waziristan, appealed to the president, prime minister and director general of the spy agency to accept demands of the militant organisation, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al-Alami, to save his life.

He said his fate would be worse than that of the former Pakistan Air Force officer Khalid Khwaja, who also served in the ISI and was put to death by the same group of militants on April 28.

The militant organisation holding him and a British journalist, Asad Qureshi, Monday released videotape in which Col Imam was shown recording his written statement.

Col Imam, Khalid Khwaja and Asad Qureshi were kidnapped on March 26 from Mir Ali town in North Waziristan where they had gone to make documentary on Taliban and victims of the US drone attacks.

Initially, a little known militant organisation, Asian Tigers, had claimed responsibility for the kidnapping and later set their terms for the release of the three kidnapped men.

On April 28, the militants shot dead Khalid Khwaja and placed his body on a road near Mir Ali town, threatening to kill the remaining two hostages if their demands were not accepted. The organisation had demanded a huge amount as ransom and release of 160 militants in exchange for Asad Qureshi and Col Imam.

In the new videotape, Col Imam said he was recording his statement on July 24. He complained he had become fed up with his life as he was being held in an underground cell. �I am in custody of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al-Alami led by Abdullah Mansoor. I sent several statements and CDs to the government but they did nothing for my release.

You know well about the mentality of this group. They can do anything at will. They killed Khalid Khwaja and they may give us a more severe punishment, which would be a big loss for Pakistan.

This group can not be pressured,� the former intelligence officer explained in the three-minute video, which was made available to The News. He said the militant organisation was very powerful and well organised.

He appealed to the president, prime minister, ISI director-general, Lt Gen (R) Hameed Gul and Gen (R) Mirza Aslam Beg to accept the demands of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al-Alami. �You people know about my services for this country and nation. If the government does not care for me, then I will not care for it and disclose its several weaknesses,� Col Imam said. He complained that he is in custody of the militants for four months but the government has done nothing for his release.

Ex-ISI officer fears for life, asks govt to accept militants’ demands

�You people know about my services for this country and nation. If the government does not care for me, then I will not care for it and disclose its several weaknesses,� Col Imam said.

here you go, he dag his own grave. he made both parties his enemy.

The militants probably forced him to make that video. Until he's released, we can't be sure if whats he's saying is his true feelings or just being forced to.

Either way, I feel sorry for him and his family.

Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
"here you go, he dag his own grave. he made both parties his enemy."

Ahmad bhai;
Going by his description in the news item as "former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) official, Col (R) Ameer Sultan", what was a retired ISI officer doing in Afghanistan ? A case similar to "former Pakistan Air Force officer Khalid Khwaja, who also served in the ISI". The final outcome is likely to be similar. There are likely to be more such "officers and gentlemen" engaged in similar "expeditions".
Now read this news in the context of (some of) the "Wikileaks" disclosures. Deja Vu ! There are too many such "loose cannons" in Pakistan, for their own good or for the good of their own country.

Going by his description in the news item as "former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) official, Col (R) Ameer Sultan", what was a retired ISI officer doing in Afghanistan ? .

Please get your facts right first. Col Imam was not kidnapped in Afghanistan. As far as the question of what he was doing, if you had cared to read a little background, then you would have known that he was there along with a british journalist to make a documentary.

A case similar to "former Pakistan Air Force officer Khalid Khwaja, who also served in the ISI". The final outcome is likely to be similar. There are likely to be more such "officers and gentlemen" engaged in similar "expeditions".

Now read this news in the context of (some of) the "Wikileaks" disclosures. Deja Vu ! There are too many such "loose cannons" in Pakistan, for their own good or for the good of their own country.

There is no context to it. The hypothesis that retired ISI officials are somehow involved in fomenting trouble in Afghanistan shows the paranoia regarding ISI. The wikileaks pages even mention Hamid Gul, who retired ages ago. Retired people do not reflect or represent a state. They may work in individual basis acording to their beliefs. And, this is clearly evident in Col Imam's case.

And everyone says that ISI has Links with Taliban - how funny is that ?

I hope his family is handling things must be stressful and for stupid accusations that ISI is helping taliban stupidity

weak response from Col Imam, he should get killed there but not release a tape like it that he can release some secrets of Pakistan government, weak person of ISI and should be left alone there to get killed .. after all he is a former intelligence officer and when he joined ISI he better accepted its all terms now what he is doing is totally unprofessional ..

Either he tried to play criss cross with ISI for some financial gain and hence being punished by ISI invisible hands but such scenerio has less 0.001% possibility. Maybe these Talibans are ghosts of forigen hands intent on destroying Pakistan.

If he is threatening ISI to disclose secrets, then im sure they are little bothered to help him. He has already turned himself into a rotten asset.

Most of the Pak establishment contigent is made from Punjabis and Puktoon. Unlike Punjabis, Puktoons have strong family ties across the borders of Pak and Afghan

It's interesting that he's still alive -- the group originally claimed they were "Asian Tigers" now it turn out they are "Lashkar e Jhangvi" -- Of course we wish that he return to his family unharmed, but why has he been kept alive - is he a part of the plot to get Lashkar operatives released from jail? Exactly why has a former officer of a Fauj decided to threaten his former masters? As with so many ISI officers with Afghan experience, has he gone "native"?

Ex-ISI officer fears for life, asks govt to accept militants� demands

Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Mushtaq Yusufzai

His case is very simple....if he fears for his life so much then he already handed the secrets to them and therefore is no question for accepting their any demands..If Col Imam thinks that he mujahid and the abductorz are kafirs than he should not worry about his life we cannot suject to any kafirz demands even whatever happens cuz its against Allah's will. The mujahid alwayz gives his life for Allah's sake and alwayz wants to be "Shaheed" which is a gift of god. It is so amazing that Kafirz are giving their life for Kufr and a the selfclaimed Mujahids are running to save their lives.:woot:. I guess they are working for Kufr internally and showing outside to otherz that they are mujahids...:woot::cheesy:
Mujahids never run or begs for their life..period no matter what.This is their lifetime desire to sacrifice their life for Allah's Raza.
:coffee:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom