What's new

Ex-colonel part of spy network, AGP tells SC

he was a lawyer after retirement from army and his activities were vocally critical of GHQ role and interference in the political affairs of the country so he was nabbed.
I am familiar with him personally. Now, as the matter is in court...his son is pursuing the case.
I wonder if he was such a threat, why was he permitted living in an army welfare society from where he was nabbed?
No further comments.

No one hires a man who is very well known in CI cricles of nation.This very person has been known to everyone since long time.
P.S:-Mind your bloody hole dimwit,uncultured dunce.
What's the set procedure?

The pain in the butt is that he has been mostly fighting the cases of missing persons. Those people which the agencies claim are terrorists.

I dont support those missing marxists either but calling anyone a spy like that isnt good.

Really!! He is in Army custody and intelligence wont arrest anyone without evidence.

Listen to this.

I'd disagree here bro. Intelligence has to take care of their games too. Its not about guilty or not guilty. Intelligence have been doing a lot of fck ups too.

The bench noted that on prima facie, the evidence against Rahim was conclusive and also suspended an earlier Lahore High Court (LHC) order for the release of Rahim.

Source:https://tribune.com.pk/story/2136852/1-ex-colonel-part-spy-network-agp-tells-sc/

This is for all those people on this thread saying there is no evidence. Allegation against this person are severe so rather than being judge and jury here wait for details to be revealed rather than blabbing about it needlessly when you dont know squat.

Last edited:
I wonder if he was such a threat, why was he permitted living in an army welfare society from where he was nabbed?
No further comments.
Why were those army officers permitted to serve in army who were punished few months back?
Living in army welfare society doesn't prove anything.

Last edited:
I think the power circle is treading a dangerous path. No society can survive, let alone thrive, if it starts dispensing justice based on interests rather than principles

Is anyone keeping a count on the number of ‘spies’ and ‘traitors’ so far extracted from Pakistan Army alone?

Just allegations? I’m not invested in this story so excuse my ignorance but why would the bench state ‘evidence against Rahim was conclusive’ ...is this some sort of vendetta?
I need to do some more research me thinks..though I’ve a funny feeling I’ll be going round in circles.
the conclusive evidence againt a colonel in JAGs branch having access ISI and Nukes secret means that our security protocols are lacking effectiveness and potentially any retired colonel might steal our Project Azm secrets and fly away in a JF 17 block 3

I say lock them retired colonels up who are annoying their colleagues in uniform

after all the evidence is conclusive that they have annoyed much people.

Especially read as mentioned below article 10(3) and 10(4) of the Constitution; you may also like to read Protection of Pakistan Act, 2014 then you can analyze that how much even PPA 2014 is being followed while persuing such cases. Initial reply of Ministry of Defence before Lahore High Court was different from appeal of MoD before Supreme Court. AND Federal Secretary for Ministry of Defense is a Retired Lt. General instead of a CSS qualified civil servant which used to be the case.

Article: 10 Safeguards as to arrest and detention (Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan)

10. Safeguards as to arrest and detention.-(1) No person who is arrested shall be detained in custody without being informed, as soon as may be, of the grounds for such arrest, nor shall he be denied the right to consult and be defended by a legal practitioner of his choice.

(2) Every person who is arrested and detained in custody shall be produced before a Magistrate within a period of twenty-four hours of such arrest, excluding the time necessary for the journey from the place of arrest to the Court of the nearest Magistrate, and no such person shall be detained in custody beyond the said period without the authority of a Magistrate.

(3) Nothing in clauses (1) and (2) shall apply to any person who is arrested or detained under any law providing for preventive detention.

(4) No law providing for preventive detention shall be made except to deal with persons acting in a manner prejudicial to the integrity, security or defence of Pakistan or any part thereof, or external affairs of Pakistan, or public order, or the maintenance of supplies or services, and no such law shall authorise the detention of a person for a period exceeding 1[three months] unless the appropriate Review Board has, after affording him an opportunity of being heard in person, reviewed his case and reported, before the expiration of the said period, that there is, in its opinion, sufficient cause for such detention, and, if the detention is continued after the said period of 1[three months], unless the appropriate Review Board has reviewed his case and reported, before the expiration of each period of three months, that there is, in its opinion, sufficient cause for such detention.

Explanation I.-In this Article, “the appropriate Review Board” means,

(i) in the case of a person detained under a Federal Law, a Board appointed by the Chief Justice of Pakistan and consisting of a Chairman and two other persons, each of whom is or has been a Judge of the Supreme Court or a High Court: and

(ii) in the case of a person detained under a Provincial Law, a Board appointed by the Chief Justice of the High Court concerned and consisting of a Chairman and two other persons, each of whom is or has been a Judge of a High Court.

Explanation II.-The opinion of a Review Board shall be expressed in terms of the views of the majority of its members.

(5) When any person is detained in pursuance of an order made under any law providing for preventive detention, the authority making the order shall, 2[within fifteen days] from such detention, communicate to such person the grounds on which the order has been made, and shall afford him the earliest opportunity of making a representation against the order:

provided that the authority making any such order may refuse to disclose facts which such authority considers it to be against the public interest to disclose.

(6) The authority making the order shall furnish to the appropriate Review Board all documents relevant to the case unless a certificate, signed by a Secretary to the Government concerned, to the effect that it is not in the public interest to furnish any documents, is produced.

(7) Within a period of twenty-four months commencing on the day of his first detention in pursuance of an order made under a law providing for preventive detention, no person shall be detained in pursuance of any such order for more than a total period of eight months in the case of a person detained for acting in a manner prejudicial to public order and twelve months in any other case:

Provided that this clause shall not apply to any person who is employed by, or works for, or acts on instructions received from, the enemy 3[or who is acting or attempting to act in a manner prejudicial to the integrity, security or defence of Pakistan or any part thereof or who commits or attempts to commit any act which amounts to an anti-national activity as defined in a Federal law or is a member of any association which has for its objects, or which indulges in, any such anti-national activity].

(8) The appropriate Review Board shall determine the place of detention of the person detained and fix a reasonable subsistence allowance for his family.

(9) Nothing in this Article shall apply to any person who for the time being is an enemy alien.

Note :- I am an Army sympathizer and I advise for their own benefit to limit their intervention in civil matters to avoid backlash and getting dirty. They should focus on war preparations and can max advise but not intervene.

Especially read as mentioned below article 10(3) and 10(4) of the Constitution; you may also like to read Protection of Pakistan Act, 2014 then you can analyze that how much even PPA 2014 is being followed while persuing such cases. Initial reply of Ministry of Defence before Lahore High Court was different from appeal of MoD before Supreme Court. AND Federal Secretary for Ministry of Defense is a Retired Lt. General instead of a CSS qualified civil servant which used to be the case.

Article: 10 Safeguards as to arrest and detention (Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan)

10. Safeguards as to arrest and detention.-(1) No person who is arrested shall be detained in custody without being informed, as soon as may be, of the grounds for such arrest, nor shall he be denied the right to consult and be defended by a legal practitioner of his choice.

(2) Every person who is arrested and detained in custody shall be produced before a Magistrate within a period of twenty-four hours of such arrest, excluding the time necessary for the journey from the place of arrest to the Court of the nearest Magistrate, and no such person shall be detained in custody beyond the said period without the authority of a Magistrate.

(3) Nothing in clauses (1) and (2) shall apply to any person who is arrested or detained under any law providing for preventive detention.

(4) No law providing for preventive detention shall be made except to deal with persons acting in a manner prejudicial to the integrity, security or defence of Pakistan or any part thereof, or external affairs of Pakistan, or public order, or the maintenance of supplies or services, and no such law shall authorise the detention of a person for a period exceeding 1[three months] unless the appropriate Review Board has, after affording him an opportunity of being heard in person, reviewed his case and reported, before the expiration of the said period, that there is, in its opinion, sufficient cause for such detention, and, if the detention is continued after the said period of 1[three months], unless the appropriate Review Board has reviewed his case and reported, before the expiration of each period of three months, that there is, in its opinion, sufficient cause for such detention.

Explanation I.-In this Article, “the appropriate Review Board” means,

(i) in the case of a person detained under a Federal Law, a Board appointed by the Chief Justice of Pakistan and consisting of a Chairman and two other persons, each of whom is or has been a Judge of the Supreme Court or a High Court: and

(ii) in the case of a person detained under a Provincial Law, a Board appointed by the Chief Justice of the High Court concerned and consisting of a Chairman and two other persons, each of whom is or has been a Judge of a High Court.

Explanation II.-The opinion of a Review Board shall be expressed in terms of the views of the majority of its members.

(5) When any person is detained in pursuance of an order made under any law providing for preventive detention, the authority making the order shall, 2[within fifteen days] from such detention, communicate to such person the grounds on which the order has been made, and shall afford him the earliest opportunity of making a representation against the order:

provided that the authority making any such order may refuse to disclose facts which such authority considers it to be against the public interest to disclose.

(6) The authority making the order shall furnish to the appropriate Review Board all documents relevant to the case unless a certificate, signed by a Secretary to the Government concerned, to the effect that it is not in the public interest to furnish any documents, is produced.

(7) Within a period of twenty-four months commencing on the day of his first detention in pursuance of an order made under a law providing for preventive detention, no person shall be detained in pursuance of any such order for more than a total period of eight months in the case of a person detained for acting in a manner prejudicial to public order and twelve months in any other case:

Provided that this clause shall not apply to any person who is employed by, or works for, or acts on instructions received from, the enemy 3[or who is acting or attempting to act in a manner prejudicial to the integrity, security or defence of Pakistan or any part thereof or who commits or attempts to commit any act which amounts to an anti-national activity as defined in a Federal law or is a member of any association which has for its objects, or which indulges in, any such anti-national activity].

(8) The appropriate Review Board shall determine the place of detention of the person detained and fix a reasonable subsistence allowance for his family.

(9) Nothing in this Article shall apply to any person who for the time being is an enemy alien.

Note :- I am an Army sympathizer and I advise for their own benefit to limit their intervention in civil matters to avoid backlash and getting dirty. They should focus on war preparations and can max advise but not intervene.
I was asking about the set procedure for appointment of CPEC committee chairman or PIA chairman.
After he was all set to challenge appointment of cpec authority chairman against set procedures and laws, he has been apprehended.

Really!! He is in Army custody and intelligence wont arrest anyone without evidence.

Listen to this.

Nuclear assets from Laptop. Cannot get any funnier than this. These allegations are ludicrous.

I was asking about the set procedure for appointment of CPEC committee chairman or PIA chairman.

First, you create a post through Finance division/department specifying its eligibility criteria, justification, service rules etc. Then you advertise the posts in national dailies mentioning therein requirements for the post. Then, you conduct interviews and give marks as per defined criteria and finally select the person and issue notification.

A clear case of persecution. When have we ever agreed to release a spy if he gave away his laptop password?

Defence ministry agrees to conditional release of lawyer detained on espionage charge

The defence ministry on Wednesday assured the Supreme Court that Advocate Inamur Rahim — a retired colonel who was picked up by a security agency from his home in Rawalpindi on Dec 17, 2019 — will be released if certain condition are met.

The assurance was given during a hearing of a petition filed by the government against a Lahore High Court ruling, issued earlier this month, in which Rahim's detention was declared illegal. A three-member bench, headed by Justice Mushir Alam had ordered the lawyer be immediately released.

During today's proceedings, the attorney general told the court that Rahim was unwell and had been taken to the hospital multiple times. He said that the advocate will be released if his counsel agrees to surrender his passport and share his laptop's password with the ministry. The attorney general further said that Rahim should also agree to not venture outside the twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

Rahim should also agree to "cooperate in the investigation", the attorney general said.

The retired colonel's counsel reminded the court that Rahim had been under detention for more than a month but agreed to the defence ministry's conditions for release.

The court then directed Rahim's counsel to surrender his passport and cooperate in the investigation, saying, "Government's petition against Rahim's release [order by LHC] will be heard on merit."

The hearing was adjourned for two weeks.

Rahim's detention 'illegal'
On January 9, the LHC's Rawalpindi bench had declared the detention of Rahim to be illegal and ordered military authorities to release him immediately.

Following this, the federal government on January 11 approached the Supreme Court to challenge the ruling.

The defence and interior secretaries in an appeal filed through Additional Attorney General Sajid Ilyas Bhatti had sought suspension of the LHC's release order till the present case was decided by the apex court. The Supreme Court accepted the appeal and later suspended LHC's sentence after the attorney general told the top court that Rahim was being investigated for "espionage".

Rahim — the advocate for missing persons
On December 17, 2019, Rahim's son Hasnain Inam said eight to 10 people in black uniforms with a Pakistani flag stitched on their arms forced their way into their house located on Rawalpindi's Adiala Road.

He added that he was overpowered after being pushed away by two people, and one person put his hand over his mouth. "The men then searched every room and forced [my father] into a pick-up truck at gunpoint and drove away," he said.

On January 2, the defence ministry informed the LHC that Rahim was in the custody of its subordinate agency and that he was being probed for allegedly violating the Official Secret Act after the court sought a reply on a petition filed by the defence and interior ministries.

However, a representative for the defence ministry did not initially specify exactly what violations had been committed by the detained lawyer.

Rahim has previously filed numerous petitions for the recovery of missing persons and against administrative orders of the army or armed forces. Moreover, he was the counsel in petitions filed against high-profile court-martial proceedings about the GHQ attack and conviction of naval officers among others.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1529875/d...elease-of-lawyer-detained-on-espionage-charge

First, you create a post through Finance division/department specifying its eligibility criteria, justification, service rules etc. Then you advertise the posts in national dailies mentioning therein requirements for the post. Then, you conduct interviews and give marks as per defined criteria and finally select the person and issue notification.
I don't think so.

Which PIA CEO has been selected like that?

That is not the selection procedure for chairman NAB either...same is true for many other posts.

I don't think so.

Which PIA CEO has been selected like that?

That is not the selection procedure for chairman NAB either...same is true for many other posts.

PIAC works under companies ordinance, 1984. The procedure for selection of CEO is mentioned there. The Board of Directors elects a CEO from amongst themselves. The way Mr. Arshad Malik was selected is in contravention to the aforementioned ordinance and this is the same violation as per which Supreme Court on the report of Auditor General of Pakistan in it's decision dated August 3, 2018 declared appointment of Musharraf Rasool as illegal and against the rules.

For NAB Chairman part, Chairman NAB is appointed by the President in consultation with government and opposition members of the parliament and the person must be either a retired judge of Supreme court of Pakistan or retired Lt. Gen or a grade 22 retired civil servant. Please read NAB ordinance, 2019.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom