What's new

Evolution of Threat , and Taking Action PAF

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I think if we visually review the Pakistan Airforce and compare it to it's contemporary Indian Airforce , one can visually see the larger size which Indian Airforce has and also the higher performance crafts with "Twin" engines.

In recent years Pakistan Airforce have made subtle strides to modernize and retire it's older fleet of Mirage & F7 , however still we see a massive disadvantage in term of crafts available for Pilots to fly

Airforcecomparison.png

Many Analyst on PDF have rasied point that when we view Pakistan Airforce it always feels like we are missing a Plane , a missing Link Twin Engine plane which Occupies the Gap area between Thunder and 5 Generation craft such as Project Azm

Perhaps a Stop Gap Plane 40 Units , Mig 29 or Sukhoi-30 or Euro Fighter or Super Hornet

The idea of course being the Twin Engine craft would give a Temporary releif to Airforce which has of course flown many Sorities in War Against Terror

The odd 40 Twin Engine would bring benefits similar to the benefit the origional F16 brought in 1980's

While it is well understood the Project Azam will take the typical 10-15 year cycle for a project

• Mig 29 (Would be Temporary releif )
  • Sukhoi-35 (Ok Choice can out live F16 Program)
  • Euro Fighter (Welcomed option can outlive F16 Program)
  • Super Hornet ( hmmm nice plane but Supplier issue)
  • Shenyang J-11 (Odd ball contestent)

Last edited:
40 Euro Fighters or Sukhoi-35 would be a great aquisition

Growing ties with UK would I think would offer great potential similarly growing Sukhoi-35 has similar benefits

Unlike the sour puss relation with USA , I think there should be no problems with respect to Euro Fighter or Sukhoi-35 as these companies are looking for customers

F-7 is great support craft / Supplimentary buddy in flight , I am sure Mirage / F7 can be a great asset

However a Timely order for 40 Twin Engine craft would be a great initiative

Till of course Project Azm completes prototye and designs

Last edited:
India doesn't have any Rafale's yet, by then Pak will get JF-17 Block 3

F-7's are old but I don't think the MiG-21's are any younger

The Mirage ROSE planes are as capable as most standard 4th gen fighters

I'll also point out that the Russian 4th gen fighters don't have a service life as long as the F-16's

Maybe the PAF should have replaced the A-5 with the JH-7 instead but it is what it is

I think if we visually review the Pakistan Airforce and compare it to it's contemporary Indian Airforce , one can visually see the larger size which Indian Airforce has and also the higher performance crafts with "Twin" engines.

In recent years Pakistan Airforce have made subtle strides to modernize and retire it's older fleet of Mirage & F7 , however still we see a massive disadvantage in term of crafts available for Pilots to fly

View attachment 454089

Many Analyst on PDF have rasied point that when we view Pakistan Airforce it always feels like we are missing a Plane , a missing Link Twin Engine plane which Occupies the Gap area between Thunder and 5 Generation craft such as Project Azm

Perhaps a Stop Gap Plane 40 Units , Mig 29 or Sukhoi-30 or Euro Fighter or Super Hornet

The idea of course being the Twin Engine craft would give a Temporary releif to Airforce which has of course flown many Sorities in War Against Terror

The odd 40 Twin Engine would bring benefits similar to the benefit the origional F16 brought in 1980's

While it is well understood the Project Azam will take the typical 10-15 year cycle for a project

• Mig 29 (Would be Temporary releif )
  • Sukhoi-35 (Ok Choice can out live F16 Program)
  • Euro Fighter (Welcomed option can outlive F16 Program)
  • Super Hornet ( hmmm nice plane but Supplier issue)
  • Shenyang J-11 (Odd ball contestent)
Pakistan is going for qualitative upgrade we r replacing our 3gen f7 mirage with 4G jf17 blocks and logically to replace our 4 Gen f16 we should look for 5 generation stealth like tfx j31 or both we can't waste $ on a new expensive 4 Gen twin engine btw Turk could have bought any Western twin engine but chose to stick to single engine f16 and now procuring a single engine 5 generation f35 and developing TFX most likely Twin engine we should focus on that as well

get j 20 and j 31 whos stopping u
May be j31 because it is export oriented jet j20 is not for export

Growing ties with UK would I think would offer great potential similarly growing Sukhoi-35 has similar benefits

Unlike the sour puss relation with USA , I think there should be no problems with respect to Euro Fighter or Sukhoi-35 as these companies are looking for customers

F-7 is great support craft / Supplimentary buddy in flight , I am sure Mirage / F7 can be a great asset

How about MIG-35, Su-35 is maintenance nightmare, EF2000 is extremely expensive 120 to 140 millions $per piece so where are those $$$$$$ for EF20000o_O and how about J10c in the place of Su35 sir

The Mirage ROSE planes are as capable as most standard 4th gen fighters
Avionics wise only and its airframe too old waiting to be retired:p:

It's time alarm bels rang in Islamabad and our defense minister went on a spending spree or on a collaboration spree to build new hi tech planes.

Well I have questioned the Logic that if we have a chance to enhance the airforce , why not not make a minor improvement like 36-40 planes

The Stealth program is certainly 10 years away if we go with Assumption that it will be a brand new plane

Sweeden Makes Gripen -> An Improvement over F7
Russia has Mig29 & Sukhoi-35 -> Alternative platform over F16
France has Mirage 2000 -> Used Birds
UK has -> Euro Fighter

If we can budget funds for F16 for upto 1 Billion why not just buy Twin Engine craft from other party

Last edited:
Let's get real.

War isn't going to happen, we will just keep shooting at each other along the LOC.

Besides, Pakistan doesn't need to achieve complete parity. Pakistan just needs to make the cost of war not worth it, and able to defend itself from small scale incursions as well as hit back with a fair amount of punch. That's already feasible, and is unlikely to ever change.

You also have to appreciate the current state of the economy. Wait for it to improve, once that occurs, so will the military.

The PAF is also jumping onto 5th gen pretty quick (at least from what it seems), with plans for an indigenous 5th gen fighter already underway. Expect purchases from China once their 5th gen planes are ready for export too.

Everything will be fine, the military knows what they are doing.

Well this question is not for sake of current events but it is rather to question

1- We had funds for F16 C/D 12-18 planes
2- We opted out
3- Funds should still exist for alternative Purchase

It would be a huge cost...not just up front for the fighter jet acquisition but a sustained cost of operating them and setting up new infrastructure/maintenance facilities. I think those funds are better used for Block III JF17 and Project Azm NGF(Next Gen Fighter).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom