What's new

'Everyone is equally responsible to destabilize peace in Karachi' - MQM

MQM still has a good part of its fingers still stuck in the honey pot of illegal activities. Comparing them who are supposed to be seasoned politicians after 15 years in power to some parties and gangs who have minimal presence is unfair. All what its worth, the ratio of what is demanded by MQM as protection or other illegal service money is miniscule compared to its size. Let me give you an example,

MQM parchi is mass distributed in a shopping complex and it the amount is between Rs1000 to Rs5000 each. It is called "Fitra" instead of Bhatta. Not paying hasn't caused any problems for the past 4 years. This data has been collected personally in main saddar market. I do not have any data of who pays and who doesn't, but I would guess a lot of people pay for them to not notice the few who do not. I have no information about how things or what kind of parchis or fitra collection happen in other locations. There is also a big hide collection income that happens every year which amounts to business in the billions.

PAC or TTP parchis are given to selected shop owners. One parchi I have seen is for 500000k. I have heard that is the minimum. There is no such thing as not paying that parchi, the question comes as to who you know that can negotiate with the gang to drop that amount to a more manageable sum. Harassing calls and gun and grenade attacks follow if deal is not going well.

These are activities of new kids on the block trying to get their foot in the door. Much like MQM did 15 years ago with very little resistance for other non existent armed gangs. Now these other groups are trying to snatch the business while MQM is trying to hold out on its income and provide protection.

well MQM runs KKF and it needs some support, there is no problem collecting fitra if a) it isnt forced and b) if it collected per year and c) people usually give fitra in ramzan

i don't know about their illegal activities though

mian mansha confessed that MQM's governor was playing vital role in tracking down extortionists

But how do we trust the LEA's when they are the biggest extortionists and that too under oath to protect and in uniform??? You must have seen the black budget thing of GEO, right? Can anybody deny that the police department is at the helm of extortion, from shopkeeper to your everyday labourer/pushcart vendor/cobbler etc., can anybody deny the involvement and blessings of Rangers personnel in land grabbing and the ever green water tanker mafia?? Doesn't everybody know that the Rangers control all the water hydrants of the city?

Kia kia sahi keroge, aur kaise??

Political will is most important thing. And those who are in Karachi clearly looking for only power. That's why I said reject all the parties. Bring up a system with no political involvement.

If PPP is ruling how can they arrest the gang under them? Same case for other parties. I support PML-N, but i am sure they wont be any different when they will reach Karachi. Since, it's a system which take overs everything. To clean the system, first thing is to get away from the system and try to clean those areas which generate this mess.. Let me put everything in points...

1) People think if they don't support Party Structure other party will crush them.
Solution) No Political Activity, neutral zones

2) Political Parties keep criminal wing, to compete with other party
Solution) Again No Political Activity

3) Police is scared to do any action, against criminals since it can hurt them or their Job
Solution) Again same

4) Bhatta Culture is based on protection requirement. And Why it is required? Since power game.. Political?
Solution) ............

5) Target Killing happens to remove the hurdles in Karachi Take Over... "My karachi, My Karachi" ... same political mafia...
Solution) It's only one...

what ever karachi issue you bring, will only end up on political power struggle.

1) People think if they don't support Party Structure other party will crush them.

3) Police is scared to do any action, against criminals since it can hurt them or their Job

4) Bhatta Culture is based on protection requirement. And Why it is required? Since power game.. Political?
Solution) ............

5) Target Killing happens to remove the hurdles in Karachi Take Over... "My karachi, My Karachi" ... same political mafia...

what ever karachi issue you bring, will only end up on political power struggle.

That's why i said many times don't vote for PMLN, MQM, but you people repeating same mistakes.... These All 5 points are perfectly applicable for PMLN,ANP and MQM.... Its all about Power struggle!!
If you keep continue to vote for these parties, then Allah hi Hafiz!!

Political will is most important thing. And those who are in Karachi clearly looking for only power.

my boy, politics is done to get power, is there any denying t=in the fact?

KArachi never voted PPP since the beginning of the age, why PPP always ends up controlling Karachi

its Karachi's mandate, and Karachiites have chosen MQM, so it should be given the power to rule

if MQM fails, Karachiites will look for other parties, other's mandate

simple

There is no involvement of MQM in any extortion, kidnapping for ransom, bank dacoity etc.In the 90's, MQM elements may have been involved in extortion but everything changed after Musharraf gave them power that they deserve.
So The hand of this party was full of blood.... You people killed every single police officer after 1992 operation, because , MQM believes that operations was against them... Killer is a culprit........................ This will not change the reality...
And tell your Don leader Altaf hussain to come in Pakistan...... He has to face serious criminal charges/cases in the supreme court... He need desi treatment of Punjab police!!

I don't think so. Only the Muttahida Qatil Movement (MQM) is responsible for every and all problems in Karachi. Military action is the only language they understand.

How does one claim he/she is the better person even when he/she actually is??
Excellent question. But I'm an American. The way one answers such a question in the U.S. is bound to be different from how you need to do it in Pakistan. So why not develop your thoughts further rather than stop here?

So The hand of this party was full of blood.... You people killed every single police officer after 1992 operation, because , MQM believes that operations was against them... Killer is a culprit........................ This will not change the reality...
And tell your Don leader Altaf hussain to come in Pakistan...... He has to face serious criminal charges/cases in the supreme court... He need desi treatment of Punjab police!!

If you want to disregard the transformation that MQM has gone through, leaving the policies of the 90's behind them, then it is extremely unfair to them. However, let me respond to your post even though I have to go back to the 90's.

Before we even begin to blame MQM for the 200 odd policemen that were murdered during/after the Karachi operation, we should take a long, deep look at the conduct of those policemen and what happened to the 15,000 Karachiites that were executed in extra judicial killings. Can anybody even begin to compare the figure of 15,000 with 200?????

Should you not cry rivers over the 15,000 lives lost during those years of state oppression?? It's literally f***** up how you remember 200 odd dead policemen but fail to remember the 15,000 fallen citizens of Karachi! Even if we forget about the 15,000 murdered Karachiites and focus only on the 200 policemen, what do we know about the background activities of these policemen?? Furthermore, coming from a strong background of revenge culture (in Pakistan), what would the surviving member of a household do whose brothers/fathers were executed in false police encounters? What would you do to such policemen who had legal cover and got away with hundreds of murders, what would you do to such mass murderers especially if you were a victim?

It's just very easy to blame MQM, especially if you are sitting outside Karachi and have no idea what you are talking about!

Political will is most important thing. And those who are in Karachi clearly looking for only power. That's why I said reject all the parties. Bring up a system with no political involvement.

If PPP is ruling how can they arrest the gang under them? Same case for other parties. I support PML-N, but i am sure they wont be any different when they will reach Karachi. Since, it's a system which take overs everything. To clean the system, first thing is to get away from the system and try to clean those areas which generate this mess.. Let me put everything in points...

Solution) No Political Activity, neutral zones

Solution) Again No Political Activity

Solution) Again same

Solution) ............

Solution) It's only one...

The LG (Local Government) system, that MQM has been pushing for the last 15 years, is the solution and the answer to all the above. And it is not the LG system that is about to be introduced, what worked was the LG system that was in effect under Musharraf.

I don't think so. Only the Muttahida Qatil Movement (MQM) is responsible for every and all problems in Karachi. Military action is the only language they understand.

And that is precisely why we don't give a flying **** what you think!

P.S. Neither does the government or the Military, hence the lack of any action!

I strongly disagree. I have no love lost for MQM, though i was an admirer of the time when they first got elected. Their MPAs were sweeping the roads and cleaning the gutters. Later many malpractices started by them, which evolved into what is being reaped by Karachi today.

Without exonerating them for what they started, I would still say that at present most of the killings in Karachi are by AC, TTP, LeJ etc. Therefore, blaming MQM for that is not fair.

Though my appreciation for them ended when I became aware of places like Khaji Ground, but I still feel that MQM is the only political party which has to potential of delivering true democracy. Provided they make some major changes to their attitude and SOPs. So long they will have their own father of the nation against Quid-e-Azam they will never be able to achieve what they want. Their offices needs change of photograph to Quid's picture to give them that magnanimous look which they are striving for. They have the infrastructure, educated people and to some extent courage to achieve what is desired of a political party. It is something else that they keep on taking U turns every now and then.

At least there is no ancestral party position, which is a good omen and a sign of breaking away from family politics.

what happened to the 15,000 Karachiites that were executed in extra judicial killings.

Should you not cry rivers over the 15,000 lives lost during those years of state oppression??

This operation was against the bhatta mafia, target killers and criminal people but MQM made it a Political issue!!
Karachi became City Of Lights, then again MQM alliance with Musharaf was the biggest blunder... Musharraf gave MQM free hand, and this is the Peak time, people gathered weapons , hired target killers and started to use them after 2008 because PPPP was the only political threat for MQM. Popularity of PPPP was increasing at that time, and ANP in some area, MQM continued to kill workers of PPPP and ANP, SOME OF THEM Took revenge.... Now PTI is emerging as Second biggest political force in Karachi,, MQM still continued their Bloody policy, threatened the PTI workers and Killed many people in Karachi and Hyderabad...

That's why i said many times don't vote for PMLN, MQM, but you people repeating same mistakes.... These All 5 points are perfectly applicable for PMLN,ANP and MQM.... Its all about Power struggle!!
If you keep continue to vote for these parties, then Allah hi Hafiz!!

So Marshal Law in whole Pakistan will resolve the issue? Does it did before? Did it ever did any time in past? Sorry to say, They also play same power struggle.

Also, here we are discussing Karachi, my points may not even valid for Hyderabad, which is just next to Karachi.

my boy, politics is done to get power, is there any denying t=in the fact?

KArachi never voted PPP since the beginning of the age, why PPP always ends up controlling Karachi

its Karachi's mandate, and Karachiites have chosen MQM, so it should be given the power to rule

if MQM fails, Karachiites will look for other parties, other's mandate

simple

Sorry to say these power games started by MQM back in 1985.. Before that Karachi was peaceful even more than Lahore... But again you will not accept, so useless to discuss anything.. you have your PoV, I have my own.

The LG (Local Government) system, that MQM has been pushing for the last 15 years, is the solution and the answer to all the above. And it is not the LG system that is about to be introduced, what worked was the LG system that was in effect under Musharraf.

Isn't this whole scene was started, when Musharaf gave a free hand to one party.. even kick out naimatullah earlier then his term. LG may be was good for Karachi back than, but will it be same under current democratic setup? I doubt....

At the moment cleanup should be done.. to remove all political setups.... to bring up peace in Karachi, later on, when things are good, we can expect new political setup..

Sorry to say these power games started by MQM back in 1985.. Before that Karachi was peaceful even more than Lahore... But again you will not accept, so useless to discuss anything.. you have your PoV, I have my own.

when there wasn't MQM there were not so many immigrants in karachi, there were not so many illegal afghans immigrating to karachi?

ever though about that?

this is completely BS to think that MQM and only MQM started this, Karachi was even burning before, it wasn'st MQM which brought guns, drugs into karachi

ever seen karachi from 2002 till 2008, it was more peaceful then lahore

when there wasn't MQM there were not so many immigrants in karachi, there were not so many illegal afghans immigrating to karachi?

ever though about that?

this is completely BS to think that MQM and only MQM started this, Karachi was even burning before, it wasn'st MQM which brought guns, drugs into karachi

ever seen karachi from 2002 till 2008, it was more peaceful then lahore

Peaceful than Lahore, in 2002 to 2008? lol, that's totally ignorance.. I spend 2 years in Karachi during that time.. & It was anything but peaceful. Two times Mobile Snatchers came after me. Each time my presence of mind saved me. I used to see people been robbed on daily basis.. or used to heard the stories of street criminals killing people... When I was going to Lahore I brought new mobile.. otherwise I used to have Nokia 1200 lol and you call it peaceful than Lahore...

Peaceful than Lahore, in 2002 to 2008? lol, that's totally ignorance.. I spend 2 years in Karachi during that time.. & It was anything but peaceful. Two times Mobile Snatchers came after me. Each time my presence of mind saved me. I used to see people been robbed on daily basis.. or used to heard the stories of street criminals killing people... When I was going to Lahore I brought new mobile.. otherwise I used to have Nokia 1200 lol and you call it peaceful than Lahore...

lahore was frequently rocked by vilence and bomb blasts while karachi was very peaceful

what has MQM got to do with mobile snatching? is it a big MQM conspiracy? mobile snatching was the direct result of unemployment and inflation and it wasn't a political mess

when 3 lac people immigrate to karachi instead of lahore every month then you see these things happening in every mega city, karachi is no exception

Back
Top Bottom