What's new

EuroFighter Typhoon won Indian MRCA Contract...

abbasniazi

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys just heard the news on GEO TV that Germany will provide 126 fighter planes to India, that means India chose EF Typhoon, if so, i think this is the best choice that India Made...

CONGRATS TO INDIA...:tup:

huh!? false news.. even the evaluation report is not yet published. Choice of the plane is still months away...

Then Why would GEO TV(a Reputed TV Channel) break such a news along with the Typhoon picture?

I wish the decisions in India happen at this speed. But not true. Dont expect the decision to get taken till end of this year..

i was right , i just heard the detailed news on GEO TV, this statement has been given by German Diplomat in new delhi i guess, in his statement (from delhi) he not only mentioned that germany wants to involve in a joint security pact with india, he also said that the deal of the aircraft will be finalised in the next few weeks.

the number of the aircraft mentioned is 126 and the amount mentioned is 10 billion dollars, so its the MRCA deal he is talking about, GEO TV also relayed the video of his press conference and i saw it myself. its worth mentioning that the person in question didn't say the deal has been signed rather he said it has been negotiated and deal will be finalized within coming few weeks.

Hi,
the news is not on Geo only, i watched it on some other channel.

SO...Your comments Guys???

dude i will be very happy if India selects Eurofighter but this news must be wrong, because its only reported by some Pakistani news channels and its not in the internet. but its true that technical evaluation report of the field trials of all the fighters by the IAF are almost ready. Soon (might be this week) they will submit the report to the MoD but it will take some more months to declare the winner and sign the deal. I am expecting by the end of this year they will sign the deal.

Thank GOD, atleast there is someone who can confirm what i,ve seen on GEO.

dude i will be very happy if India selects Eurofighter but this news must be wrong, because its only reported by some Pakistani news channels and its not in the internet. but its true that technical evaluation report of the field trials of all the fighters by the IAF are almost ready. Soon (might be this week) they will submit the report to the MoD but it will take some more months to declare the winner and sign the deal. I am expecting by the end of this year they will sign the deal.

Then what was the German guy talking about? do u think germans are so naive to make such statements without solid assurance and GO AHEAD signal from India?

Then what was the German guy talking about? do u think germans are so naive to make such statements without solid assurance and GO AHEAD signal from India?

I think he was pitching for Eurofighter! From previous year EADS (Germany and UK), Boeing (US) and SAAB (Sweden) are trying their best with new offers every month! It might be something like that. Or atleast some defence cooperation agreement where it mentions what India will gain if Eurofighter is selected.

As per the latest news reports IAF only submitted technical evaluation to the MoD. Now they will start weapons firing and sensor evaluation shortly on the shortlisted candidates based on technical evaluation.

End of the year if we are lucky !!!

Trust our babus to delay and bargain between the firms ..... It will be a sabzi mandi ---
'10 Billion ko tum 126 de rahe hoon!! ...bhai jaara price kaam karo , bahut saara kaam baki hain ....aur nahi tho 140 plane dena 10 billion main'......

On a serious note -

I dont think its gonna happen by end of year.

IAF will publish report to MOD which ofcourse will be in several hundred pages.
MOD will take its own time to go over those.
Will call for bids from all aircraft makers
Then will see who is offering the best political mileage
Then sign the deal with whoever is offering the best polictical advantage (bidding doesnt matter here).

These things take in time IMO -- year end, not likely.

guyz geo news dont kno anything about military....they are...nvm

Back
Top Bottom