What's new

EU says Turkey must do more

You dont have to prove anything to anyone mate..European Union Energy Commissioner Günther Oettinger made a good point once and said ""EU will 'come to Turkey its knees and say, join us.' We just need to focus on our economy and keep growing..Forum posters opinions are not really that important

lol....this is just political speak tailored to your emotional side and flirting with your feeling of self importance. Stop reading too much into it. This is the entire statement:

"I would like to bet that one day in the next decade a German chancellor and his or her counterpart in Paris will have to crawl to Ankara on their knees to beg the Turks, 'Friends, come to us'

If you really believe it will be so....:omghaha: Additionaly the comments were made in the context of a young population or energy policy for the EU, not a testament to the shining Turkish economy. Spokesperson for mr. Oettinger denied them alltogether. Don't know if that is truth or not.....
As far as energy policy goes, well, why are you involved in Syria? Maybe for some pipelines? Ask yourself, pipelines to where? So, like it or not, interests align, but am willing to bet you guys verbally masturbated when you saw this news. Saying "Yes we Turks are the pinnacle of evolution".

In no particular order:

Germany, Japan and South Korea.

The Germans will always have the advantage of BMW and Mercedes but this is for Germany only and not for the rest of the EU.

lol....SEAT, Skoda, Fiat-Chrysler grp, Saab, Volvo ....auto industry is well developed here with factories in almost every state. Some have factories in Turkey/Russia as well.
Your lack of knowledge is also evident from you not listing the biggest manufacturer which is VW.
Korean cars.....they're a joke. Squeaking plastic is the word.

lol....this is just political speak tailored to your emotional side and flirting with your feeling of self importance. Stop reading too much into it. This is the entire statement:

If you really believe it will be so....:omghaha: Additionaly the comments were made in the context of a young population or energy policy for the EU, not a testament to the shining Turkish economy. Spokesperson for mr. Oettinger denied them alltogether. Don't know if that is truth or not.....
As far as energy policy goes, well, why are you involved in Syria? Maybe for some pipelines? Ask yourself, pipelines to where? So, like it or not, interests align, but am willing to bet you guys verbally masturbated when you saw this news. Saying "Yes we Turks are the pinnacle of evolution".

Believe me mate, we don't need a random commissioner from Europe to tell us how important Turkey is. We already know how important we are :)

deal-with-it-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2341.gif

See, that is the problem, you don't know things. UK (it's political leadership) wants to negotiate not an exit alltogether, but a redefinition of it's status so it is similar to what Switzerland has. It was told it would not happen. I don't see it happening for Turkey unless Brussels wants to give arguments to London that will strengthen it's case.

Not my fault if you don't know the basics actually. How could you, kebap stands operate 24/7 and have no news channels inside.

So on the account of 5.5% of interests you concluded Poland has a sick economy.
Congratz, now if you maybe post some links that support your theory. because as your fellow countryman in a post bellow explained, forum posters' opinion dont mean anything. If you fail to produce any such link, well, we know where we stand, won't we.
Anyhow, your argument of non sustainability of Polish economy is already blown, since we established Poles pay less interest then Turks, even though in general Turkish economy is more solid. That fact is alone a testament of how international investors (read -lenders) have faith in the Polish economy.

Oh fvck me, me posting sources haven't worked out yet for you I brought enough sources to prove my case. You on the other hand have just stated that Poland s economy is as good as Turkey's and have not come with one source.
And now you blabber about that Poland interest rate is lower then Turkey's.

Now let me explain it on your level. A billionaire can easily pay 10 % interest on a 10 million dollar loan, while a millionaire can't pay that easily 5% interest on a 10 million dollar loan.

Turkey has the budget revenues to fulfil their interest payments while Poland does not have this. I mean you're still talking smart after all the blunders you made through this discussion.

Oh fvck me, me posting sources haven't worked out yet for you I brought enough sources to prove my case. You on the other hand have just stated that Poland s economy is as good as Turkey's and have not come with one source.

Now let me explain it on your level. A billionaire can easily pay 10 % interest on a 10 million dollar loan, while a millionaire can't pay that easily 5% interest on a 10 million dollar loan.

Turkey has the budget revenues to fulfil their interest payments while Poland does not have this. I mean you're still talking smart after all the blunders you made through this discussion.
Why comment on a uitkeringstrekker whos life is fkd up allready.
Let him at least feel good about himself on internet.

@Audio

I'm sick of seeing this troll in our section. He comes here writes long and empty comments few days later he wanders off.

Where is this your hate for Turks coming from, did they done something to your family, or did you get haressed by a Turk in your childhood. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:

lol i knew you would drop comment like this with frustration..Witnessed the same emotional breakdown you had in T-129 thread..You are trying to degrade everything about Turkey..It doesnt matter if i believe it will happen or not...Go cry to Günther Oettinger tool

this is your original post:

Comparing poland to Turkey is just stupid.
Neither their economy nor their revenues comes close to Turkey. It's not a healthy economy in any way.

If Turkey has the budget revenues to pay and Poland doesn't, why does Turkey then have a budget deficit? Why does it need to issue government bonds?
The more you post, the more you will shoot yourself in the leg....

Answer these two questions, without any emotions attached. I also provided sources, in fact i used your sources and what you label as blabbering is debunking your argument that Poland cannot finance it's debt, which it infact can at better rates then Turkey. What's even better is your comment about how a billionaire can pay and a millionaire can't.
Let me remind you, you will be paying more then 5% on your debt while your last year's growth was iirc ~2.5%. So it comes off as a bloated ego for you to be talking about Poland's sustainability while you have to take care of yours.

If you can also quote me where it says Poland's economy is as good as Turkey's would be also nice. But you won't be able to, because i never said that, i only argued your stats of 55% debt/gdp ratio doesn't mean the end of the world.

Now, since i see you are all emotional, let me remind you that we are discussing this in the context of Turkey being a net beneficiary or contributor to the budget. You people are saying EU needs Turkey to pay into the budget, which is another laughable statement, while i on the other hand am quite certain Turkey would be a beneficiary of the financing, because only the western part is developed.
The economic stats which we are arguing about in which Turkey is better then Poland are not so much better to make Turkey a payer. In fact while Turkey's stats are better in general, there are also a few stats where Poland is better.

lol i knew you would drop comment like this with frustration..Witnessed the same emotional breakdown you had in T-129 thread..You are trying to degrade everything about Turkey..It doesnt matter if i believe it will happen or not...Go cry to Günther Oettinger tool

What emotional breakdown? What frustration? Calling people that overstate their importance clowns is not a breakdown. It's just calling you a clown.
As for mr. Oettinger, they already said the statements were taken out of context, of course in Turkey only the sugar part was published, which is "EU begging Turkey". The statement in itself is laughable.

Believe me mate, we don't need a random commissioner from Europe to tell us how important Turkey is. We already know how important we are :)

Yes, you are important. After all, those 5 million dirty jobs in Germany must be done by someone. And in return Germany protects you from big, bad Syria with PAC-3.

Your important future is being built on this son:

Turkish students ranked near the bottom of the latest Program for International Student Assessment (PISA)

It is from 2009, the newest available report and considering creationism is being discussed as curriculum in universities, i'm not really sure what kind of progress was made in the last four years. 2012 report comes out in December this year.

@Audio

I'm sick of seeing this troll in our section. He comes here writes long and empty comments few days later he wanders off.

Where is this your hate for Turks coming from, did they done something to your family, or did you get haressed by a Turk in your childhood. :no:

I don't like liars and showoff's, especially if a showoff has half a country in the third world. (ie. eastern Turkey). No hate for Turks here. Nor for Turkey, just putting things in perspective unburdened by blind Turkish patriotism. Oh and i also like to play devil's advocate. And my empty comments are empty just for those that won't or can't understand them. And if i wander off, that's my business, not yours, i dont have to tell you what i am doing. It's called freedom.

Last edited by a moderator:
What emotional breakdown? What frustration? Calling people that overstate their importance clowns is not a breakdown. It's just calling you a clown.

Nah..We all know you are a frustrated little guy who has nothing to do but lurk in Turkish section, thus, your petty attempts to degrade Turkey has actually no value
As for mr. Oettinger, they already said the statements were taken out of context, of course in Turkey only the sugar part was published, which is "EU begging Turkey". The statement in itself is laughable.

Here,

Answering written questions from two members of the European Parliament (MEPs), Oettinger, three months after his original speech, stood behind his words, saying that it was his "personal view based on a widely shared assessment of Turkey's role and potential.”

To strengthen his position that those were his “personal views,” Oettinger underlined that the EU Commission's official position was adopted by the College of Commissioners through its formal procedures. Defending his position on Turkey, Oettinger referred to the commission's official stance on Turkey based on its latest report published back in October, which emphasized Turkey's importance for the EU. "Turkey is a key country for the EU, considering its dynamic economy, its strategic location and its important regional role," Oettinger said, quoting the EU Commission Strategy Paper for Turkey.

Cry me a river now stateless clown

Yes, you are important. After all, those 5 million dirty jobs in Germany must be done by someone. And in return Germany protects you from big, bad Syria with PAC-3.

And now thats your true face..I am not going to sink to your level here as i have self respect unlike you

Turkish students ranked near the bottom of the latest Program for International Student Assessment (PISA)

It is from 2009, the newest available report and considering creationism is being discussed as curriculum in universities, i'm not really sure what kind of progress was made in the last four years. 2012 report comes out in December this year.

According to this chart Turkey is ahead of Russia, Brasil, Indonesia; respective BRIC members...Israel, Austria are only a few points ahead...Not that bad as you try to show...Besides;

Following PISA's 2006 report, the Education Ministry in Turkey prepared a report saying that “PISA has revealed the weaknesses of the education system. For example, in PISA assessment there are concepts like probability, change and relations, patterns and establishment of ties among texts, which are not included in our education system. A new curriculum has been designed to compensate for those deficiencies. We will follow the scores of our students and compare them with the other students' performances from different countries.” Former Education Minister Hüseyin Çelik had said Turkish students' performances on PISA tests would increase following the implementation of the new curriculum.

So we will have to wait and see the improvements if there are any

Your important future is being built on this son:

A nice read for you from the site of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

Today, the major part of the Turkish community abroad is permanently residing in the host countries and has obtained the citizenship of these countries. Population of the Turkish community is increasing mainly from family reunification and the relatively high birth-rate.

The Turkish community has contributed significantly to the economic development of the host countries. Most of the community members also contribute to the host countries’ political, social, cultural and economic life not only as blue-collar labor force but also as professionals such as academicians, scientists, doctors, journalists, engineers, lawyers, entrepreneurs, artisans, politicians, athletes etc.

In economic view, many members of the Turkish community left their laborer identity and have established their private businesses. The number of companies established by Turkish businessmen in Western Europe has risen to approximately 140.000 (70.000 in Germany). These enterprises provide jobs for 640.000 employees (330.000 in Germany). Their total annual turnover exceeds 50 billion Euros (32,7 billion Euros in Germany). According to the latest statistics, the annual expenditure of the Turkish citizens living in Western Europe amounts to 22.7 billion Euros.

Turkish Citizens Living Abroad / Rep. of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Btw, your link doesn't seem to work.

Nah..We all know you are a frustrated little guy who has nothing to do but lurk in Turkish section, thus, your petty attempts to degrade Turkey has actually no value

:blah:

Here,
Cry me a river now stateless clown

Yes and? No source?
His personal view taken through the lens of what he does ie. energy commisionary? There's no denying Turkey is an energy corridor and thus has importance for the EU, but not such a big importance as you guys like to think (definitely not the paymaster, which i think you guys are all afraid) .
If Turkey would be so important it would be in the EU long ago, right now, all the hoopla around it has to do with weening Europe off Russian gas and for this pipelines from Qatar are needed. Pipelines that will go through Syria. And here is another field where Turkey's importance is bigger for the EU.

And now thats your true face..I am not going to sink to your level here as i have self respect unlike you

It's how things are. You need to talk to expat Turks. Find out for yourself what they are doing, at least the majority. Sorry.....i'm really trying to be polite with your delusions, but sooner or later i'll be posting pictures of Turkish gastarbeiter's so you get a sense of what i'm talking about.

A nice read for you from the site of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

Btw, your link doesn't seem to work.

Nice read indeed. I'm happy for your progress, but at the same time i haven't seen too many white collar employed Turks. Private business = kebap stand. Turkish monopoly. Of course there are also exceptions, i'm just talking in general terms what i see on the street.

Link from before:

http://www.todayszaman.com/newsDetail_getNewsById.action;jsessionid=F797B53E6292E227F512688C8F27F15E?load=detay&newsId=229079&link=229080

Back
Top Bottom