What's new

EU Escalates China Tensions With Probe to Ward Off Cheap EVs

Europe is in deep shit after Russia Ukraine war…picking up fight with China will really screw over Germany

You can still import phones individually but will risk FCC fines if you sell it in US. Most phones are tied to a network in US, that's the reason you can't find any offerings from your telcos.I remember Verizon used to offer ZTE phones and they were quite popular for lower end families.

Screenshot_20230921_091701.jpg

You can still import phones individually but will risk FCC fines if you sell it in US.

LOL!

You think Amazon and places like NewEgg are above the law and the FCC or something???

These are high profile companies. Why isn't the FCC banging on Amazon's HQ doors instead of wasting time with some nickel and dime mom&pop operation as you suggest?

Are you sure you have your facts straight?

You are confusing 5G infrastructure hardware with cell phones.

Last edited:
France is forcefully behind the probe.

Once it is launched, the probe has to conclude and tariffs put in place within 13 months. So, it will be a speedy process, relatively speaking. If the EU determines unfair state subsidy and dumping, then there is little chance for the CCP to win in a lengthy WTO trial.

The potential tariffs will include all EV exports to Europe, including by foreign EV makers manufactured in CCP-land.

Because France is behind it, it will be difficult for the CCP to play one country against the other, as it did in 2013 and killed off solar-panel investigations by the EU, which eventually killed off an industry in Europe.

Germany needs not to worry because German automakers are joint ventures, and their investment, employment, TOT and exports are crucial for CCP.

LOL!

You think Amazon and places like NewEgg are above the law and the FCC or something???

These are high profile companies. Why isn't the FCC banging on Amazon's HQ doors instead of wasting time with some nickel and dime mom&pop operation as you suggest?

Are you sure you have your facts straight?

Not sure man. But Huawei is banned in the US. Ask Reuters

EU can't afford a trade war with China, EU's economy is in tatters now.

Um...try again

EU Targets Tesla In Anti-Subsidy Probe: What's At Stake For EV Giant​

I was referring to USA. EUROPE is quite a big market for Chinese EVs. They are still 'studying' tariffs, USA has already implemented tariffs. I have seen comments in M60 youtube video asking where can they buy mate 60 in USA. Consumers can't access HW phones easily.

I was referring to USA. EUROPE is quite a big market for Chinese EVs. They are still 'studying' tariffs, USA has already implemented tariffs.

oh I'm sorry...China certainly wouldn't do anything like that to foreign car imports...oh wait.

U.S.-made vehicles exported to China face the same 15% tariff China applied to most major trading partners.

Currently, cars built in Europe have to face about 15% – 25% tariffs in China, which is higher than the 10% tariff for China-built cars coming into Europe.

I have seen comments in M60 youtube video asking where can they buy mate 60 in USA. Consumers can't access HW phones easily.

Likely these people were not from the US as everybody buys online these days.
It's listed on AliExpress

huawei.png

Or maybe they are waiting for Amazon (Mate 60 not listed on it yet) as they probably don't trust Chinese websites.

Last edited:
oh I'm sorry...China certainly wouldn't do anything like that to foreign car imports...oh wait.

One is 15% and another 25% and we are not allowed to even build cars in USA. The new battery plant we were building with Ford is gonna get torpedoed. So much for free trade eh?

You can't even legally sell Huawei phones In US. You can't bundle it with the telcos which is how most Americans change phones.

When Huawei was banned initially, the bots claimed an imminent doom of Apple and other western brands in China.
Guess what, Apple is selling even more while Huawei has shifted to pig farming.

Similar thing might happen in this case.

China can’t retaliate agast the EU because any escalation can have bigger impact on Chinese economy which is dependent on export of manufactured goods. EU can escalate while China might have to take a gulp and eat it’s words like last time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom