What's new

EU Escalates China Tensions With Probe to Ward Off Cheap EVs

It is BYD now. Europe is starting to act like Americans. They ban Huawei when it threatened Apple,

Huawei phones are banned in the UK but not banned in Europe.

Huawei never threatened Apple in the US. Their phones never sold well here at all. They never broke out of the single digits for percent marketshare.

and they are putting 25% tariffs on Chinese EVs because BYD is threatening Tesla.

I think they care more about their own car companies not American ones.

I suggest Chinese manufactures setup 49%/51% joint ventures in the EU with TOT if they want to sell cars there. Hmm..sounds familiar :enjoy:

Just 10 years ago, nobody could have imagined China doing such shit becoming a peer competitor.

LOL! pulling sh*t is all you did!

Last edited:
Do you realize that Volvo is owned by Chinese now? And Europe is still its largest market.
Abay dhakan, Volvo only sells a paltry 162K cars in China, where as the big three European car makers, BMW, Merc and Volkswagen sell a combined 4.8 mn cars in China.

Shutting out the big three from Chinese market will a huge impact to their bottom line and viability.

Huawei phones are banned in the UK but not banned in Europe.

Huawei never threatened Apple in the US. Their phones never sold well here at all. They never broke out of the single digits for percent marketshare.

I think they care more about their own car companies not American ones.

I suggest Chinese manufactures setup 49%/51% joint ventures in the EU with TOT if they want to sell cars there. Hmm..sounds familiar :enjoy:

LOL! pulling sh*t is all you did!
Huawei is BANNED FROM US, that includes phone. If you played fair, you will see what will happen to Apple in US. Lolol.

Check the tariffs on Chinese BYD. Shit? The Germans are screeching now. Lol

If car meets following i really dont care where its from
1 the car meets safety standard.
2 Its affordable
3 main part maintenance is affordable
4 Engine reliability is close to Japanese engines
5 Build Quality is decent
Than it should be allowed instead of politics
We need a global effort to switch to renewable resources.
We need to start lowering our dependency on petrol like yesterday.

Last edited:
European auto makers depend heavily on the Chinese market for significant percentage of their sales. Them banning Chinese EVs is going to backfire.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom