EU agrees to put Hezbollah armed wing on terror list

Yzd Khalifa

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
EU agrees to put Hezbollah armed wing on terror list

Al Arabiya
The European Union declared on Monday the military wing of Lebanese party Hezbollah as a terrorist group.
Diplomats said the decision was made following concerns over the group’s activities in Europe.
Blacklisting Hezbollah means imposing visa bans on individuals and asset freezes on organizations associated with it.

However, implementation would be complicated since officials would have to unravel the links between the different wings within Hezbollah’s organizational network, and see who could be targeted for belonging to its military.
EU foreign ministers had been working for months to blacklist Hezbollah, after the group was accused of involvement in last year’s attack on an Israeli tourist bus in Bulgaria.

Hezbollah has denied involvement in the incident.
The decision to put its military wing on the EU list of terrorist groups required approval by all 28 member states.
However, some fear that such a move will destabilize Lebanon further.

The United States applauded the EU’s designation of Hezbollah as terrorist group.
Hezbollah has been already blacklisted in several countries, including the United States, Israel, Canada and Australia.

The Gulf Cooperation Council - whose members are Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, and the United Arab Emirates - also agreed last week to blacklist the group.

Iran-backed Hezbollah is Israel’s sworn enemy, and its direct intervention in Syria has dismayed Western powers and Middle Eastern states that back rebels battling to oust President Bashar al-Assad.
(With AFP and AP)

Hizbollah is going to lose some of its popularity in ME because of their Sectarian Stance in Syria.

I would argue that Hezbollah lost its popularity among the Muslim nations as a whole. Now, they have given a legitimate reason for other people to hate them, the sect card won't help them any more.

Man everyday I thank God for not blessing my country with OIL .... otherwise these westerners would have been picking our bones one by one in the name of regionalism, and god knows what.

This is all about principle.

The Gulf Cooperation Council - whose members are Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, and the United Arab Emirates - also agreed last week to blacklist the group.

I believe this is the more significant part.
Anyway declarations is one thing, actions are something else entirely.

This is all about principle.
Man i just want to live in peace and want to see everyone around me living a peaceful life .... being from that region you know things far more better than me .... but in my limited understanding that is what i only could think of. I might off to a tangent please forgive me !!

I believe this is the more significant part.
Anyway declarations is one thing, actions are something else entirely.
:azn:
Cast as Hezbollah supporters, Lebanese Shiites are expelled from Sunni Gulf amid sectarian war | Fox News

Man i just want to live in peace and want to see everyone around me living a peaceful life .... being from that region you know things far more better than me .... but in my limited understanding that is what i only could think of. I might off to a tangent please forgive me !!

Not at all =\ I respect your opinion, I'm just saying that it is all about principle. India had seen issues similar to this.

Disgusting that Europe listens to Zionist dictates. Becaust most states don't agree with the statement at all.

Man everyday I thank God for not blessing my country with OIL .... otherwise these westerners would have been picking our bones one by one in the name of regionalism, and god knows what.
They went to the MiddleEast only after they were done with us.

Good move. I'd do the same. It's normal that having several movements in Islam. But armed movements are/will not be tolerated.

So only way for us is to try and get back on our feet and consolidate on what they left for us. It would have been a fcukin nightmare had we been fighting against each other in the name of HANUMAN, GANESH, RAM, SHIVA, KRISHNA !!!!

They went to the MiddleEast only after they were done with us.

So only way for us is to try and get back on our feet and consolidate on what they left for us. It would have been a fcukin nightmare had we been fighting against each other in the name of HANUMAN, GANESH, RAM, SHIVA, KRISHNA !!!!

Hezbollah got no one else to blame for this except themselves, all their popularity they gained in Arab & Muslim world have gone down the drain bcoz of their involvement in sect violence & poking their nose in the affair of other Muslim states. Israel will be jumping up and down with joy on this development thou.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom