Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Envoy to India gets death threats

DAWN.COM | World | Envoy to India gets death threats

By Baqir Sajjad Syed
Saturday, 24 Jan, 2009 | 08:31 PM PST |

cf2f05576f582e3ace78b18998c1c982.jpg

Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik (L) with Indian External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee in Islamabad.—Reuters/file

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik has received a death threat from an Indian extremist group, Dawn learnt Saturday.

The organization has also threatened to bomb Pakistan’s parliament, high commission in Delhi and other places in the country amidst strained relations between New Delhi and Islamabad in the aftermath of the Mumbai terrorist attacks.
The threat, made by a previously unknown group ‘All India Anti-Terrorism Group’ (AIATG), has prompted a strong reaction by Islamabad, which has lodged a protest with New Delhi and asked for better security for the envoy.

India, a source said, has been told that it would be held responsible in case of any harm to the high commissioner.

‘The safety, security and welfare of the envoy is paramount in Pakistan’s response to these threats,’ the source said.

The three-page threatening letter delivered by surface mail at Pakistan’s high commission asked the high commissioner to leave Delhi in three days or else face dire consequences.
‘We don’t need to make any kind of relation and also no place for any Pakistani in our country (sic),’ a person claiming to be the chief of AIATG wrote in the letter, further warning that if the threat is taken lightly ‘it is 200% sure’ he would be killed.
Additionally, the letter threatened bombing of the parliament in Islamabad, high commission in Delhi and other places in Pakistan. For this purpose, the letter said, the sub-groups of AIATG namely Students of Hinduism Movement in India and Pakistan, Students Against Terrorism, and Pride of India were already active.

The letter gave 11 reasons for forming the anti-Pakistan group and said: ‘you can understand we have many reasons to take lethal steps towards you and your country, so tell your government that we are mad, zealot and thirsty of Pakistani blood (sic).’
The relations between the two neighbours have been strained after the Mumbai terrorist attack that was blamed by India on an extremist group Lashkar-e-Taiba operating from Pakistan.

The threatening letter was the latest indication of increased activities of hate groups in India in the wake of Mumbai attack that have previously seen TV comedian Shahid Siddiqui thrown out of a Mumbai studio by a group called Maharastra Nav Nirman Sena. The group had also forced booksellers to remove books of Pakistani authors from their shelves.
The threat came as a group of civil society activists was in India on a peace mission to prevent further deterioration in ties.

The Envoy is a guest, will never be harmed. Its just issued by some crackpots who got nothing better to do!

Oh common it is just a prank by someone to terrorize the envoy and he is heavely guarded.

The Envoy is a guest, will never be harmed. Its just issued by some crackpots who got nothing better to do!

thanks but ur statement doesnt really carry much weight. there were some other guests in india as well. they had to come back after gettin beaten up;)
ppl found a reason to even beat one girl.

Envoy to India gets death threats

DAWN.COM | World | Envoy to India gets death threats

By Baqir Sajjad Syed
Saturday, 24 Jan, 2009 | 08:31 PM PST |

cf2f05576f582e3ace78b18998c1c982.jpg

Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik (L) with Indian External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee in Islamabad.—Reuters/file

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik has received a death threat from an Indian extremist group, Dawn learnt Saturday.

The organization has also threatened to bomb Pakistan’s parliament, high commission in Delhi and other places in the country amidst strained relations between New Delhi and Islamabad in the aftermath of the Mumbai terrorist attacks.
The threat, made by a previously unknown group ‘All India Anti-Terrorism Group’ (AIATG), has prompted a strong reaction by Islamabad, which has lodged a protest with New Delhi and asked for better security for the envoy.

I dont know how much more hypocritical you can get.

There is some thing called Diplomatic Hospitality is India and Indian aware of this term ?

People who Visit your country are your Guest and you must show your Hospitality, This is How nation is Judged. Many Pakistanis had Troubles when they were in India but If this will Reach to over High Commissioner there and if there is any harm done to our Ambassador then Indian Govt will be held Fully Responsible.

There is some thing called Diplomatic Hospitality is India and Indian aware of this term ?

People who Visit your country are your Guest and you must show your Hospitality, This is How nation is Judged. Many Pakistanis had Troubles when they were in India but If this will Reach to over High Commissioner there and if there is any harm done to our Ambassador then Indian Govt will be held Fully Responsible.

There are fools in each and every nation on the earth. Judging the whole nation from such a factor shows you are one of them.

Also, atleast guests are coming to India. (I am not telling this from any 'report', but I had recently been in Mumbai and at CST. There you can find a considerable number of foreigners, no matter what time of day it is.) And this is certainly not because of 'lack of hospitality'. Many nations have warned their citizens for not to travel in Pakistan.

sir
india i hope will never let this happen even if its a hoax , they shouldn't take such stupid comment lightly, we know certain group- M.N.S , BAJRANG DAL ETC can go to how low.
if some how unfortunately any thing happen India will be in grave danger, as it will disqualify to be safe even for such high official.

India has not reached such a stage that Petty Criminals can take on Diplomats! The Law and order situation is better than most perceive!

And about certain guests getting beaten up, well I am against it totally, but rotten apples are there in every country. Since Pakistan doesnt have a developed Entertainment Industry, you dont see Indian comedians or Singers there, we will know when it comes to that. God Speed.

There are fools in each and every nation on the earth. Judging the whole nation from such a factor shows you are one of them.

Also, atleast guests are coming to India. (I am not telling this from any 'report', but I had recently been in Mumbai and at CST. There you can find a considerable number of foreigners, no matter what time of day it is.) And this is certainly not because of 'lack of hospitality'. Many nations have warned their citizens for not to travel in Pakistan.

such a factor shows you are one of them

Are you crazy or Driving left and right (as in your Avatar) has made you LOOSE YOUR LOGIC. Mr PureLogic ? How can you say i am one of these stupid people. Did i said Pakistanis should also attack Indian High Commissioner or Did i said lets start beating all the Indians Visiting Pakistan, No i never said that, If i would have said that then only you can say that i am one of them so Please use your Logic if you have some and Next time Be careful before you attack someone personally.

Also, atleast guests are coming to India.

I know very much how Indians welcome their Guests and How foreigners are telling HORRIBLE Stories of Incredible India. just go through other Threads where a German and one Finnish women had a warm experience of Incredible Indian Hospitality.

Many nations have warned their citizens for not to travel in Pakistan.

It happens when something bad happens in that country soon after 26/11 USA, UK and Israel stopped their citizens to Visit India, and same is the case with Pakistan as soon as Conditions will stabilize in Pakistan people will start visiting. The issue was not Visiting India or Pakistan, Issue was How Indians are Disrespecting the International Diplomatic Protocols by threatening our Ambassador.

Use your Logic Mr PureLogic and Stick to the Topic don't try to Derail it and i must warn you again that this is not any Indian Defence Forum like Baharat Rakshak so Avoid Personal attacks.

Last edited:
Use your Logic Mr PureLogic and Stick to the Topic don't try to Derail it and i must warn you again that this is not any Indian Defence Forum like Baharat Rakshak so Avoid Personal attacks.[/QUOTE]

Didnt know u were just recently promoted as one of the Moderator! :police: We Know its not BR or other PDF. Thats why we are here! We are here coz the forum is logical as a whole! God Speed.

We are here coz the forum is logical as a whole! God Speed.

But some of u guys aren't logical at all. Take PureLogic as an example. He keeps saying stuff like "India will take brutal action against Pakistan" even though he knows India wouldn't dare.

Back
Top Bottom